My report on Saturday's matches - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute
Default My report on Saturday's matches

Today:

Maleeva vs Mauresmo

Magdalena was playing well today, I didn’t see the match against Venus so I can't compare.
in the second set she was serving for the match (if I’m not mistaken) was 40-15 up, then must have got nerveous or wanted to win too much, she made a some errors (the worst one was when she hit a drop shot in the net when she didn’t need to play a drop shot at all), she lost that game. Then there were a few close calls on Amelie’s serve, she argued about them, once showed a rude gesture to the line judge She made a few great shots, very risky, a few great backhands down the line and some fantastic fh winners, but Magdalena wasn’t going to let this match slip, she fought for every point and didn’t give any cheap ones, she won that game, the set and the match.

I’d say the crowd was 70 to 30 for Maggie, there were a few groups with Bulgarian flags, she’s Slavic after all…

There was no doubt about who the crowd came to support in the next match- Kafelnikov vs Schalken

Zhenya started badly, losing the first game on his serve but then immediately broke back, and it looked as if he’ll now start winning but the exactly opposite happened, he lost his serve again and very soon the set.
One thing that was very hard not to notice was that he was slicing almost every backhand and it didn’t seem to give Schalken much trouble he was playing to Zhenya’s backhand all the time and winning many of these long rallies. I though that maybe his finger injury is bothering him again, I don’t think he would have continued doing it if he was 100% fine. He also went to the net a lot without proper preparation and Schalken caugt him doing that and hit some great passing shots.
The most interesting game of the match was the last one when Sjeng was serving for the match, he had a double matchpoint, Zhenya saved both, had a few more, Zhenya saved them too, he even had 2 break points but Sjeng played very well on both he won the match 6-4 6-2

Next were Safin vs Mathieu

Who could have expected the result…
Paul-Henry took a 3-0 lead in the first set, Marat then broke back, both players held serves until the tie-break that Mathieu won 7-3.
He’s such a great player. The best shot is definitely the forehand, he manages to hit it with so much power from every position on the court and it lands right on the line, he won many points with that shot .
In the second Paul- Henry was serving for the set, he was up a double break (in the previous game Marat broke too, not Matheu’s serve but his own racket, once he hit it so hard that it bounced on the court and flew out, the ball boy had to get it for him). Marat took that service game and then held, it became 5-4 and then Paul-Henry got himself together, served very well in that last game and won the match. Marat seemed very displeased with himself.

Federer/ Mirniy vs Palmer/ Kafelnikov (dbls semi-final)
Zhenya was late for the match , the three players were already on court for about 5-7 minutes when Zhenya came running.
Max and Roger played much brighter and better, I’d say Roger played better than Max today (maybe I’m biased but I think so ) they were great to watch. Zhenya looked tired and he was making many errors, he was getting mad at himself too, throwing his racket etc. He lost a few of his service games too. The Swiss/ Belarus duo did have a real advantage, They won the match 6-4 6-3 (the same score as in all of their previous matches)

Pics to come
Nina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 02:43 AM   #2
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nina!

Good luck to Rogi & Max in the finals...

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:13 AM   #3
country flag fresh

fresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond repute

Zhenya was very nervous unfortunately. And the spectators weren`t very active to help him to gain concentration. Last year the crowd won the final for Zhenya, this time they didn`t help him much. And of course Schalken was just better.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
King Aaron

King Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Marat
Old 10-06-2002, 12:48 PM   #5
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina again

I hope you were not too disappointed though
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:00 PM   #6
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute

but fresh, don't you think it's a bit strange that he was slicing all the time, it was good in the beginning to change the rhythm but then it got too much, I think if he was close to 100%, he would have stopped playing them
Old 10-06-2002, 09:01 PM   #7
Nina

pics

Amelie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ameliemal copy.jpg (22.2 KB, 129 views)
Old 10-06-2002, 09:05 PM   #8
Nina

Zhenya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kafel copy.jpg (40.3 KB, 127 views)
Old 10-07-2002, 09:56 AM   #9
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

spaciba Nina!
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 11:49 AM   #10
Nina

pozhalusta
Old 10-07-2002, 11:50 AM   #11
Nina

Mathieu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paulhenrydrink.jpg (34.2 KB, 73 views)
Old 10-07-2002, 11:52 AM   #12
Nina

Marina Anisina (the figure skater in pairs, Olympic Champion, she's Russian but skates for France) from the back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anisina.jpg (51.1 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-07-2002, 12:45 PM   #13
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm and is that blond Pezerat (sp?) ?
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:10 PM   #14
Nina

no I think it's some woman
Old 10-07-2002, 02:11 PM   #15
Nina

Marat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marat towel.jpg (35.3 KB, 57 views)