..~ The Chat Thread ~.. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #151
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ..~ The Chat Thread ~..

Maybe I'll go there one day...so many places I want to see!

Been to Barcelona in April and will go to Madrid in October. Maybe another weekend to Barcelona too later on in the year. And with all the tennis tourneys, that's about all my days gone! And money too...haha!!!
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 06:45 AM   #152
country flag HybridTheory

HybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Barcelona, Madrid, is not bad!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #153
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

LUcky EUropean girls -- so close to so many cool tournaments... one day I'll make it to the Godo! Went to Madrid in 2002 but just the Sat qualies and saw my all-time fave Barcelona boy practising!! But there were SO many kids around him I couldn't get anywhere near him... I fear that was my one and only chance to see him in the flesh... I LOVE Barcelona!!!!

So, no news of Alex then???

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #154

HybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond repute

No .. I guess not, there's nothing on his website ..
Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #155
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

This has been making the rounds of the other player forums (I saw it in the Juanqui forum). Just a bit of fun!

Match yourself with Alex Corretja

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 08-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #156

Rogifan That's funny

I had 83%

My best match is with Javier Saviola!! He's so cute
Old 12-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #157
country flag RogiFan88

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo 2006!

Wishing Alex a speedy recovery and better things in 2006.

Feliz Navidad! Click here...

Old 12-31-2005, 09:51 AM   #158
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

: [img]http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_6_20.gif[/img] [img]http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_6_11v.gif[/img] [img]http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_15_26.gif[/img]

TO ALL
Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #159
country flag RogiFan88

I only posted this article about Rafa because it has a quote by our Alex:

Trio at top of the class in 2005
Young Spaniards Alonso, Pedrosa and Nadal all excelled in their different sporting fields

El Pais Spain | MANEL SERRAS
Madrid

What a trio Spain has to put on its sporting podium for 2005. Three young men changed the image of Spanish sport last year: Rafael Nadal, Fernando Alonso and Dani Pedrosa.

When Fernando Alonso climbed into his Renault at the Interlagos track in Sao Paolo last September, needing only a third place to take the Formula 1 championship - the 24-year allowed Pablo Montoya and Kimi Raikkonen to take first and second places - he became the first Spaniard, as well as the youngest person ever, to win the top motor racing crown.

Alonso's victory was also a very personal one. He had succeeded in checking his aggression, keeping his nerve, and overcoming pressure. Alonso had made a good start to the season, winning four of the first seven races, giving him a 32-point lead over Kimi Raikkonen. Renault was not the fastest car in the championship, but Alonso's car was reliable. The young driver understood that the road to victory lay in taking advantage of this factor, and he drove carefully, at times cautiously, while the McLaren and Ferrari drivers were repeatedly held back by their cars' technical limitations.

After becoming champion, Alonso reminded the world that he owed his position to nobody but himself and his family. He could have remembered Genís Marcó, who had helped him when he was still driving karts, or Adrián Campos, the man who introduced him to the world of Formula 1. A couple of weeks later, after the last race of the season, in Shanghai, Alonso seemed to gain a new perspective on the situation, celebrating with his team after it had secured the constructor's title.

Dani Pedrosa's career has been no less meteoric. In 2003 he won motor cycling's 125cc title, and has now taken two 250cc titles in a row. After these three fast-learning seasons, the 20-year-old will move up into the MotoGP category this year to face the great Valentino Rossi.

Last season was perhaps Pedrosa's toughest. He crashed out in the Japanese Grand Prix, with just six races to go. It looked as though his title was on the line. He had injured his shoulder, and was unsure about racing in Malaysia and Qatar - a fact he kept secret at the time. He came in fourth in Malaysia, and the critics said he was cracking under the pressure. "Unlike others, we have always believed in our ability," he said at the time. "We knew that his shoulder was damaged," said manager Alberto Puig. His rivals didn't know they were competing against a rider with one arm. Dani's performance was incredible."

In some ways, Pedrosa seems older than his years, having managed to deal with physical injury and the pressure of top-level sport. But when taking the title on October 16, he showed his younger side - pulling a t-shirt over his leathers showing a ninja warrior brandishing a Jedi light sword, his face painted Braveheart blue.

Nadal and family
Younger still is Nadal, although his strong physical presence, matched by an equally robust mentality, places him head and shoulders above his rivals. Little wonder that he was already tipped to win at Roland Garros, ahead of world number one Roger Federer.

Nadal was in no hurry, and simply overcame the obstacles in his way in Paris. He dismissed Federer in the semifinals, going on to beat Argentine Mariano Puerta - now banned for doping - in the final. Unlike Pedrosa and Alonso's victories, there was no sense of reproach or bitterness in Nadal's moment of triumph. This was simply a young man at the top of his game, on top of the world. Nadal congratulated his rival, and then made his way into the crowd to greet his family, as well as manager Carlos Costa, and other friends. "They all seemed so happy," said a tearful Nadal. He gave the impression that the most important aspect of winning the French Open was being able to make his family happy.

He has learned this approach from his uncle Toni, who has trained him since he was a child, as well his other uncle, Miquel Àngel, a former Barcelona soccer player, and of course, his father, Sebastià. "Simply because he is able to hit the ball across the net faster and better than his rivals doesn't make Rafa more important than anybody else," says Toni Nadal. Rafa is pursuing his career with absolute confidence, prioritizing the important things in life, and ignoring the trivial.

He is now ranked second in the world having won 11 titles in 2005. "What Rafa has managed to achieve at 19 is amazing, and almost impossible for anybody else to copy," says 1998 Masters Champion Álex Corretja.

http://www.elpais.es

Old 01-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #160
country flag RogiFan88

You know what? Before the TMC Shanghai05, I was wondering if Rafa could do what Alex did: WIN his very first TMC [YEC in 98]. Well, we all know that Rafa didn't play but it's nice to know that Alex achieved a great victory in Hannover 98 over the HOT guy Moya. I STILL want that match!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #161
country flag RogiFan88

Alex is doing commentary of the Aussie Open for Spanish TV! Propi has some reports: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1&page=1&pp=15

Old 03-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #162
country flag Corredian's_Mind

Corredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
This has been making the rounds of the other player forums (I saw it in the Juanqui forum). Just a bit of fun!

Match yourself with Alex Corretja

physical: 91%

LOL ( if only...)
Corredian's_Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #163
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

oh dear....

physical : 99%
emotional : 22%
intellectual : 32%
Total : 51%

what are your other scores corridian's mind??
Old 03-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #164
country flag Corredian's_Mind

Corredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond reputeCorredian's_Mind has a reputation beyond repute

well if i remember well, it seemed i had nothing in common in emotional something like 20% and intellectual, it was something like 83%...i'm not sure coz the website doesn't want to work for me right now.
Corredian's_Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #165

Hiiiiiiiii everybody!!!! Good to see that this thread is alive again