Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #121
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
One of the all time great backhands.
He has a very good first serve, one of the best.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #122
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
First of all, I have no problems with anyone disliking him, but bashing him for the reasons I have already stated is totally out of order, but not surprising given how low most of MTF's membership are prepared to sink to get one over on someone.

I've read all your posts in this thread, and they contradict what you say to me right now.

Pretending you dislike somebody for different reasons is worse than disliking them in the first place, so you are better off admitting it's because of Federer. Besides, it's pretty obvious from your signature and your general posting around here that you really don't like Federer, so I can see why you wouldn't like Goffin. I can accept that not everyone will like him, but I don't accept bashing which is completely stupid and unjustified.
Please go back and read countless posts of mine where I praise fed and come back to me...

I am being serious when I say I don't like him, and that would still be the case even if he wasn't a fedtard.. His game is not appealing to me, and never liked him.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #123
country flag sam250
Banned!

sam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Brilliant gif, just brilliant...
sam250 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #124
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Please go back and read countless posts of mine where I praise fed and come back to me...

I am being serious when I say I don't like him, and that would still be the case even if he wasn't a fedtard.. His game is not appealing to me, and never liked him.
This 'I praise Federer' garbage is your form of an apology, and also your signal to go on and bash Federer even more, knowing that you can just say 'I praise Federer' to justify your actions.

You would not even care about him enough if he didn't like Federer. It's enough to look at your signature and your posts on the forum to see that you like three top players (ND, AM & JMDP) and then all of a sudden you've started a weird obsession with Janowicz. I also noticed yesterday you hadn't heard if Ricardo Mello. This is all fair enough, but rationalises the idea in my mind that you wouldn't care about David Goffin if he weren't somehow linked to Roger Federer who you despise for one reason or another.

So if you are so insistent on your stance in this matter, I think a bit of elaboration is in order. What makes his game unappealing? I'm curious to see if you've actually paid attention to his game, or if this is a diversion from the real reason you dislike him.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #125
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Says a Andy Murray and Donald Young fan.
oh the ironing...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #126
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Goffin had set points to take his hero into a fifth set- at least he actually fought and didn't stand in awe like the Spanish Armada, Troicki etc do when they play their masters.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #127
country flag the_hitch

the_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, let me see if I'm getting this right: So Goffin gets double-bageled and this loss is somehow, someway, supposed to be metaphysically connected to- or rubbing off on- Federer or Federer's 'judgment', because at some point, somewhere, Federer had hugged this kid and said that he might have a future? Therefore... Federer's 'judgment' is somehow poor, or was premature, or, ahem, he's just bad or stupid period because he had the audacity to charitably, if somewhat minimally, encourage a young man at the end of a competitive match last year in the 4R of RG without foreseeing that that young man would then get double-bageled at some point in the year following. Therefore, that hug and those nice words, which will forever live in infamy, were an abject failure on Federer's part and the Swiss should never be nice to a young person who MAY fail in some match at some point in the future.. And Federer should just collapse on the floor and writhe with shame. ??? >

Is this what passes for 'logic' in this forum? Are these the kind of angles Federer haters have been reduced to? I mean they couldn't go after his wardrobe choices or his apparent superiority complex or something? Now it's about who Federer happens to hug and whisper nice things to?

Have some of these people even matriculated from grade school yet, or is business just slow in momma's basement or what?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #128
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
This 'I praise Federer' garbage is your form of an apology, and also your signal to go on and bash Federer even more, knowing that you can just say 'I praise Federer' to justify your actions.

You would not even care about him enough if he didn't like Federer. It's enough to look at your signature and your posts on the forum to see that you like three top players (ND, AM & JMDP) and then all of a sudden you've started a weird obsession with Janowicz. I also noticed yesterday you hadn't heard if Ricardo Mello. This is all fair enough, but rationalises the idea in my mind that you wouldn't care about David Goffin if he weren't somehow linked to Roger Federer who you despise for one reason or another.

So if you are so insistent on your stance in this matter, I think a bit of elaboration is in order. What makes his game unappealing? I'm curious to see if you've actually paid attention to his game, or if this is a diversion from the real reason you dislike him.
The only good thing about his game imo is his timing... in that sense you could make a case for him being a good counter puncher... but beside from this he has nothing that makes him stands out from the rest. As you can see a lot of my favourites are big hitters, and I don't see this in Goffin at all. Also I find his movement very sloppy, not fluid at all and tough to watch. But hey, I'm no expert and this is my opinion.

2 more things... I've liked Janowicz way before this thing with fed. Did you not see my sig after how many times incident...

And please just believe me when I say I don't despise Fed. I don't like him but I don't despise him either. Feel free to go back on my posts there is a lot of negativity towards fed when I feel its warranted but I've also given him credit countless times i.e after A.O semi final loss in general threads...

But whatever believe what you want, I don't really care I'm not trying to impress any one with my comments just giving my opinion... hope you understand.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #129
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Quote:
Regardless of whether he likes Fed or not, he's still scrawny and weaponless.
Says a Andy Murray and Donald Young fan.
oh the ironing...
Murray scrawny? What is this 2005?
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #130
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

The player with the brighter future won.

Seriously, it's absurd that people ever considered Goffin the future of tennis, having posters of Federer in your room does not earn you tournaments unfortunately. I predicted Nieminen in easy 2 in the WWW thread, but not even I expected two bagels
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #131
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jerzy would thrash Goffin as well . Clowns going to be shut up when Jerzy proves his worth .
I don't think he would have, because what Nieminen did was make Goffin produce his own pace on the ball, Janowicz isn't that crafty to be able to produce that, Janowicz is a ball basher so Goffin has something to work with.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #132
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
He just got double bagelled by Nieminen. Say those words to yourself. Double bagelled. Nieminen. Double bagelled. Double. Nieminen. Bagelled. Double Bagelled by Nieminen. There is no defense, he is going to get a lot of stick for this. That's life son.
Exactly....Jarkko only has two double bagels in his entire career with this being one of them...Not to mention, this is only the second double bagel ever at this tournament...

And what is this crap Bulldog is saying about this being "one bad loss?"...This was beyond a bad loss; it was a crime scene...I checked the stats of Mugfin since the French and he has tons of "bad losses" to journeymen and out of form players...

Lost to Melzer (who was a mess last year except for Memphis) twice
Lost to Mugaco on grass at the Olympics
Lost to Fish (who was MIA and practically retired last year) in R3 Wimby
Choking to Troicki (enough said) in Fed Cup
Lost to Mugdasco at the AO this year(after leading 2 sets to 1)
Lost to Muglucci in Auckland on outdoor HC
Lost to Mugdatis on Indoor hard in Stockholm
Lost in R1 of Mons Challenger to Llodra
Lost to Paire on grass in R1 of s'Hertogenbosch
Lost in QR1 to Berankis in Paris

The moral of this story is that he is losing consistently to old journeymen and out of form players...These results are way more than "one bad loss"....This is about a dozen bad losses since that fluke 4R at the French as a LL; lucky being the operative word after looking at this impressive resume

Anyone who thinks Mugfin has talent is out of their ever loving mind and clearly mentally unstable...No up and coming talent would have lost to this many journeymen in the span of 6-7 months...And now we can add Jarkko to this list...I seriously question anyone's brainpower who says "oh he had a bad loss, he will bounce back next week"...Um, he hasn't done anything relevant since Wimby last year...Wake up and get with the program, please
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #133
country flag howyesno

howyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
Wait, let me see if I'm getting this right: So Goffin gets double-bageled and this loss is somehow, someway, supposed to be metaphysically connected to- or rubbing off on- Federer or Federer's 'judgment', because at some point, somewhere, Federer had hugged this kid and said that he might have a future? Therefore... Federer's 'judgment' is somehow poor, or was premature, or, ahem, he's just bad or stupid period because he had the audacity to charitably, if somewhat minimally, encourage a young man at the end of a competitive match last year in the 4R of RG without foreseeing that that young man would then get double-bageled at some point in the year following. Therefore, that hug and those nice words, which will forever live in infamy, were an abject failure on Federer's part and the Swiss should never be nice to a young person who MAY fail in some match at some point in the future.. And Federer should just collapse on the floor and writhe with shame. ??? >

Is this what passes for 'logic' in this forum? Are these the kind of angles Federer haters have been reduced to? I mean they couldn't go after his wardrobe choices or his apparent superiority complex or something? Now it's about who Federer happens to hug and whisper nice things to?

Have some of these people even matriculated from grade school yet, or is business just slow in momma's basement or what?
you need to relax a little bit, ok?

Doesn't like:
Tomic, Almagro, Murray
howyesno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #134
country flag the_hitch

the_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyesno View Post
you need to relax a little bit, ok?
Thanks, but no worries on that front. Even if you can't always tell if I'm having fun.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #135
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
I checked the stats of Mugfin since the French and he has tons of "bad losses" to journeymen and out of form players...

Lost to Melzer (who was a mess last year except for Memphis) twice
Lost to Mugaco on grass at the Olympics
Lost to Fish (who was MIA and practically retired last year) in R3 Wimby
Choking to Troicki (enough said) in Fed Cup
Lost to Mugdasco at the AO this year(after leading 2 sets to 1)
Lost to Muglucci in Auckland on outdoor HC
Lost to Mugdatis on Indoor hard in Stockholm
Lost in R1 of Mons Challenger to Llodra
Lost to Paire on grass in R1 of s'Hertogenbosch
Lost in QR1 to Berankis in Paris
Not a single journeyman in that list.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote