Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #106
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Jarkko
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #107
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
No weapons.

Weak forehand, rally backhand, weak serve.
Wow. You are one deluded hating clown.

Weak forehand-No. Andy has an awesome forehand now
Backhand-How can anyone think this is a bad shot? One of the all time great backhands.
Weak serve-Lol no. It is certainly not weak. He has a very good first serve, one of the best.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #108
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
The hatred for David Goffin is absolutely ridiculous. As a big supporter of him, I feel I have to at least attempt to defend him in this case.

Firstly, what does Federer have to do with this? Yes, he likes Federer and perhaps likes him a lot, but why is that sufficient means to bash him? It's just plain stupid and highlights just how limited some of the posters on this website are when it comes to ways they can disrupt proceedings. He most certainly does not play anything like Federer. People might try and tell you he does, but he doesn't. David plays more of a counter-punching game, yes some of the flashy winners are there, but he's inherently less aggressive than Federer and lacks the variety that the Swiss has.

Secondly, yes this was a dreadful performance by Goffin, but we are exaggerating how much if a disaster this is. Maybe he'll take a few days to get over it, but then he'll be bursting to go when it comes to Marseille or Dubai and I expect him to produce a good level again. One bad match doesn't break a season.
Exactly

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #109
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
any highlights video?
Coming to you soon on Discovery Channel, "UFO sightings".

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #110
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Regardless of whether he likes Fed or not, he's still scrawny and weaponless.
What an utterly ridiculous comment. The only reason you don't like him is that he likes Federer.

Even if it is true that he is 'scrawny and weaponless', that's not an acceptable reason to start bashing him. Neither is being a supporter if Federer.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #111
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Wow. You are one deluded hating clown.

Weak forehand-No. Andy has an awesome forehand now
Backhand-How can anyone think this is a bad shot? One of the all time great backhands.
Weak serve-Lol no. It is certainly not weak. He has a very good first serve, one of the best.

Awesome forehand.

Murray is the epitome of a weakling in tennis. Absolute counterpuncher.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #112
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What an utterly ridiculous comment. The only reason you don't like him is that he likes Federer.

Even if it is true that he is 'scrawny and weaponless', that's not an acceptable reason to start bashing him. Neither is being a supporter if Federer.
Goerge believe me when I say that I don't like him has nothing to do with Federer. Goffin is not appealing to me at all. I respect your opinion though.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #113
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post

Awesome forehand.

Murray is the epitome of a weakling in tennis. Absolute counterpuncher.
Weakling that is ranked no.3 in the world... real weakling.

Can't believe clowns sign up here just do hate on Murray

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #114
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Weakling that is ranked no.4 in the world... real weakling.

Can't believe clowns sign up here just do hate on Murray
He's actually no.3 and real no.2.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #115
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
He's actually no.3 and real no.2.
Shit sily typo brah thanks for correcting me

argument.
Quote:

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #116
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Goerge believe me when I say that I don't like him has nothing to do with Federer. Goffin is not appealing to me at all. I respect your opinion though.
First of all, I have no problems with anyone disliking him, but bashing him for the reasons I have already stated is totally out of order, but not surprising given how low most of MTF's membership are prepared to sink to get one over on someone.

I've read all your posts in this thread, and they contradict what you say to me right now.

Pretending you dislike somebody for different reasons is worse than disliking them in the first place, so you are better off admitting it's because of Federer. Besides, it's pretty obvious from your signature and your general posting around here that you really don't like Federer, so I can see why you wouldn't like Goffin. I can accept that not everyone will like him, but I don't accept bashing which is completely stupid and unjustified.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #117
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

and now we brought Murray in this thread, like really guys .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #118
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The hatred for David Goffin is absolutely ridiculous. As a big supporter of him, I feel I have to at least attempt to defend him in this case.

Firstly, what does Federer have to do with this? Yes, he likes Federer and perhaps likes him a lot, but why is that sufficient means to bash him? It's just plain stupid and highlights just how limited some of the posters on this website are when it comes to ways they can disrupt proceedings. He most certainly does not play anything like Federer. People might try and tell you he does, but he doesn't. David plays more of a counter-punching game, yes some of the flashy winners are there, but he's inherently less aggressive than Federer and lacks the variety that the Swiss has.

Secondly, yes this was a dreadful performance by Goffin, but we are exaggerating how much if a disaster this is. Maybe he'll take a few days to get over it, but then he'll be bursting to go when it comes to Marseille or Dubai and I expect him to produce a good level again. One bad match doesn't break a season.
awaits gulzhan's reply to this.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #119
country flag sam250
Banned!

sam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond reputesam250 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
nah, nobody hates Goffin. People are just goofing around, having fun.
Now, in order to be hated on MTF you need to meet 2 conditions:
1. You need to a really, really good player ... did I say, really good (Fed, Nole, Murray, Nadal come to my mind)
or
2. You can be a mediocre player but if you have a big mouth (controversial personality too), huge ego (which is not backed up by any results), and say stupid sh!t in your interviews, you made it, MT will 'love ya' (Tomic, Janowitcz etc.)

Goffin hasn't met any of these two conditions. He seems like a nice, well behaved guy.
True... Noticed that too
sam250 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #120
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Props to Goffin for not retiring at 6-0 3-0 (or similar) as many would have regardless of whether they were injured.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote