Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #121
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

WTF? That's not my sig. What's happening?

fixed.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014

Last edited by Moozza : 02-13-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #122
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

I do hope the umpires won't be intimidated by the status of the players (especially top 4) and actually enforce the 25-second rule. It makes tennis more enjoyable to watch as a spectator.

I can understand why Rafa doesn't like the rule but in all the years I've watched tennis, the majority of the players have been able to abide by that rule and not waste an unreasonable amount of time toweling off a dry forehead between every point. If others can do it, so can he.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #123
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
All they need to do to hardcourts is to speed up them. That way points become shorter and thus less gruelling for the body. Also, faster HCs are easier for grinders bodies because if you rely on your defensive abilities, you lose earlier, thus play less matches and your body gets rest.
+10000000

well this is very sensible and logical.

nadal can only lose if he's either injured or play within the rules.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #124
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

poor Rafa. Now that he will never win a slam again, we get to see his true side much more often.

Federer's peak is supposedly in 2004-2007, but his best grass match was WI 2009 final, his best hard court match was WTF 2010 final, and his best clay match was RG 2011 SF

34 year old Agassi took peak Federer to 5 sets at U.S Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
20 y.o. Djokovic straight setted prime Federer at Aus. Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #125
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No, thanks. No need to go back to the dark ages of men's tennis.
Yeah 2003 was a dark dark age full of 'servebots' hahahah what a freaking circus clown
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #126
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

So the ATP slows down the court speed in order to lengthen points, but then becomes less lenient when it comes to the 25-second rule.

Maybe Nadal has a point.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #127
country flag the_hitch

the_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post

No player can change his playing style.

It sounds to me like you think brains are hard-wired, which they are not. Most human brains are not blocks of wood; they can reorganize and adapt; that's what is meant by 'brain plasticity' in neuroscience. Tennis players have to make stylistic adjustments according to surface and every year they do exactly that. Ask any tennis player about the adjustments he has to make when transitioning from clay to grass, or from hard court to clay. They don't just change their shoes, they adjust their playing styles somewhat. Nobody says, well geez, why don't we have the same surface like all the time? Or, why is this surface so aggressive, don't the organizers care about my health? No, they just deal with it and make the necessary adjustments.

Aren't we talking about one of the greatest players of all time here? A legend in the sport? Besides, Nadal doesn't have to rediscover the wheel but he can apply a different approach/style to different surfaces. His brain already comes with a wealth of experience on the 'how-to' of playing on different surfaces. Nadal did do a little bit of that at the 2010 USO if you recall. He was cracking a bigger serve and trying to finish the points earlier, more aggressively. Again, are we saying that his brain has become petrified, or that he suddenly lacks the skill set and creativity to do this? (I don't think so.)

Or is he maybe still smarting from the fact that a relative no-name just beat him in a clay final and looking for ways to vent his frustrations (injuries, no-name losses, etc.)?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #128
country flag Slade
The Seeker of Suns

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree. Change the 25 second rule to 2 minutes, change every court into clay, 2 year ranking system, etc etc. Good for the game gnome sayin'?

Do you lot have even the faintest idea of the decline in Nadal's support? Hardly anybody thinks that Nadal will become the greatest, and those that do are deluded beyond belief, ie too far gone. At this point, my personal satisfaction and the fruits of my good deeds aren't even worth the risks of being banned.

To all members of the Anti-Dull Alliance, the battle has almost been won. We've shattered their spirits and reduced their numbers to a mere handful. As your representative and eternal avatar of luminance, I say keep up the good work.
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #129
country flag howyesno
Banned!

howyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond repute

I had the worst possible nightmare last night: opened ATP rulebook and the prologue was written by tio tony (some rambling about lunch breaks between points and velvet courts for knees)
howyesno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #130
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

This guy trolling the media and fans, love it. The 25 second rule was his best gag.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #131
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal knows his knees won't keep him in the game much longer so he's investing in his future by practicing for a career in comedy after tennis.

Good for him.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #132
country flag the_hitch

the_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyesno View Post
I had the worst possible nightmare last night: opened ATP rulebook and the prologue was written by tio tony (some rambling about lunch breaks between points and velvet courts for knees)
I've had a similar nightmare. It's some time in the near future and all tennis court surfaces have been converted to SofTILE, that stuff we see now in children's playgrounds. It's so spongy and safe and comes in different colors too! This is center court now, spongy and safe and colored a neon orange like the one Rafa used to wear. There is a brigade of females in the crowd, holding up the standard issue 'I-love-you-Rafa' signs and drowning out the sound of tennis shoes and vibrating racquet strings with their high-pitched shrieks.

Then Rafa bursts into focus, signature scowl and bodily sweat and mounds of sinew, bouncing behind the baseline to casually retrieve a 120 mph Del Potro forehand winner that has been effectively diminished to about 25 mph. Topspin forehands are gripping the resinous surface and jumping high enough to skip over into the stands. Rafa finally outlasts the Argentinian giant in a 10+ hr Pyrrhic grindfest and as the South American is carried away on a stretcher, the Spaniard sits down to change his 40th shirt and throws a soggy towel into the outstretched limbs of a platoon of hysterical, opposite-sex acolytes- and I suddenly jolt up in bed screaming and notice it's only 2 in the morning.. go downstairs, empty half a glass of bourbon, crawl back into bed trying to put those dreadful images out of my head and drift away into what is hopefully a catatonic stupor.

Last edited by the_hitch : 02-13-2013 at 03:03 AM.
the_hitch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #133
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

His PR team should really do something about his interviews. Nadal is talking to much. The only talk I want him to do, as a fan, is on a tennis court.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #134
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
His PR team should really do something about his interviews. Nadal is talking to much. The only talk I want him to do, as a fan, is on a tennis court.
First sensible Nadal fan post I've seen for a while.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #135
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
First sensible Nadal fan post I've seen for a while.
TrollSpinDoc and GSM are the shame of Rafa's fans here on MTF. As there are huge tards in fanbases of Fed, Nole and Muzza. It's not about which player do you support, but what kind of clown you are.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote