Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #106
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I do agree with others.. all I'm saying is the guy has the right to speak his mind.
And we have the right to scream bloody murder. He is not just 'speaking his mind' casually. People who make up the rules, set up the calendar, courts, etc., might decide to listen to him -- he is a tennis player after all. If nobody speaks up and says "these ideas are horrible," they might take the silence as implying everyone agrees with his ideas -- which is false.

Now we here are nobodies for sure, but Rafa is presuming to speak for the spectators (saying they wanna see 5-hour matches). So I am speaking up and saying "Hey, this guy doesn't speak for me! I don't want to watch dozens of 5-hour matches per year." And maybe if enough of us screech loudly, someone might just take notice. People need to speak up when they see something they don't agree with.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #107
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
The umpire must to flexible with that rule. After an epic rally a player should be allowed to take a few seconds more to serve. Its all what he was saying and I agree.
agreed.
every rule is meant to be applied reasonably, its application is not an end in itself.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #108
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I really shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Rafa, seriously...

It's quite simple: abide to the rules of the game.
If you don't like those rules, it's your problem, and not the game's.

I can only hope these quotes were indeed taken out of context, but I barely see any reason to believe so...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #109
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

he will never change, he's only happy when he's winning

and he's only ever satisfied when surrounding conditions suit him.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #110
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

IF you can't sustain your crappy +20 strokes rallies then shorten the points but don't cheat.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #111
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Bitch needs to calm down, enough with these ridiculous comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
just had delicious dinner and then saw this comment, don't ask what happened. neither people's dinner isn't sacred to this guy
your posts are just absolute gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
It seems like Nadal wants 'tennis', the sport itself, to adapt to him, not the other way around. He also made a comment about the ATP 'not caring enough' about players in relation to court surfaces. His exact words are:

"The ATP has to start thinking about ways to lengthen the players' careers. I can't imagine football players playing on cement, I can't imagine any other sport involving aggressive movements such as tennis being played on such aggressive surfaces such as ours. We are the only sport in the world making this mistake, and it won't change."

"Aggressive surfaces"? What? It depends on how you play on hard court. Actually it's less taxing if you adopt a more aggressive approach to these so-called 'aggressive surface'. Sure if you try digging out every freaking ball and run around for 5+ hrs on a hard court it might not constitute a very smart stratagem but why not, oh I don't know, say here's a nutty idea, adopt a different style for- and actually adapt to- the surface you're playing on? He is not saying he doesn't have the skill set or imagination to adapt is he?

And it is baffling to me because a) his analogy fails b) clay season is already long enough, some might say too long c) court surfaces have been homogenized anyway which in fact helps a counterpuncher like him. Is he saying get rid of hard courts altogether and have only grass and clay? I hope the man is not getting senile.. I mean he is after all still 26 years old..
No player can change his playing style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebes View Post
I have a theory here.
Nadal has been spewing similar nonsense for quite some time(2-year ranking,less tournaments in a season,now 25 seconds rule),because he wants people to accept his inevitable and quickly upcoming retirement.By making an idiot and utterly egotistic bastard out of himself,he just wants to spare his fans and every tennis lover of the world the grief that would come should he retire in glory,loved and respected by tennis afficionados all over the world.He just cares so much about not breaking people's hearts that he is willing to sacrifice his popularity

Seriously though,the only thing you need to interpret these remarks is this part " for ME to play in a high level for four hours..."
Tells you all you want to know about "Humblito".

I may sound bitter,but too much is too much.I want to remember Rafa as an amazing competitor,not the ultimate whiner.
He was never unanimously loved and/or respected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
The amount of hate this guy gets just for stating his personal opinions is pathetic.
It's just natural, considering the he's spewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiBeR View Post
You want to take longer than the rules allow? Pay for it. Lose a first serve and take your time if you feel like. But take it like a man

Some people just want to get away with it and do not do their time. You can't have rules be taylormade for you.

Someone needs to tell Nadal that he is not the center of the tennis universe, too...
Stupid fanatics created this monster called Nadal and now he thinks he's tennis personified.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #112
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
agreed.
every rule is meant to be applied reasonably, its application is not an end in itself.
Rules are rules. If they're not working as they should, change them.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #113
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
he will never change, he's only happy when he's winning

and he's only ever satisfied when surrounding conditions suit him.
And Federer will never change his arrogant self centered ways either. He's the one who wants the courts sped up to suit him...
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #114
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

ATP trying to take out the threat of Slamray . It is all in vain though as he is an unstoppable force.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #115
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
ATP trying to take out the threat of Slamray . It is all in vain though as he is an unstoppable force.

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #116
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal come on man, you know whining won't get you anywhere. Just focus on the comeback and take it one match at a time dude.

Quote:
Finally some fresh air in this stupid thread
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #117
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

disgusting this nadal.

is he scared he's not going to be able to beat federer without slowing down the game and do 1 minute of butt picking?
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #118
country flag Serverer

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You need bigger letters in your signature. These are not sufficient in getting everyones attention.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #119
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
You need bigger letters in your signature. These are not sufficient in getting everyones attention.
I can't make my sig any bigger unfortunately . I have already used all my space.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #120
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
You need a signature bro.

argument.
Quote: