Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #76
country flag Acer

Acer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Bitch needs to calm down, enough with these ridiculous comments
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #77
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

just had delicious dinner and then saw this comment, don't ask what happened. neither people's dinner isn't sacred to this guy
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #78
country flag the_hitch

the_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond reputethe_hitch has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like Nadal wants 'tennis', the sport itself, to adapt to him, not the other way around. He also made a comment about the ATP 'not caring enough' about players in relation to court surfaces. His exact words are:

"The ATP has to start thinking about ways to lengthen the players' careers. I can't imagine football players playing on cement, I can't imagine any other sport involving aggressive movements such as tennis being played on such aggressive surfaces such as ours. We are the only sport in the world making this mistake, and it won't change."

"Aggressive surfaces"? What? It depends on how you play on hard court. Actually it's less taxing if you adopt a more aggressive approach to these so-called 'aggressive surface'. Sure if you try digging out every freaking ball and run around for 5+ hrs on a hard court it might not constitute a very smart stratagem but why not, oh I don't know, say here's a nutty idea, adopt a different style for- and actually adapt to- the surface you're playing on? He is not saying he doesn't have the skill set or imagination to adapt is he?

And it is baffling to me because a) his analogy fails b) clay season is already long enough, some might say too long c) court surfaces have been homogenized anyway which in fact helps a counterpuncher like him. Is he saying get rid of hard courts altogether and have only grass and clay? I hope the man is not getting senile.. I mean he is after all still 26 years old..
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #79
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
We do? Did Rafa have somebody canvas the tennis watching public on a day I was out?

I wasn't aware that it was enshrined in stone that 'long matches' = entertainment. Doesn't necessarily equate that because a match was long, it was full of 'competitive rallies' and 'amazing shots'. Half the time they're error strewn borefests in which neither player apparently has the werewithal or the desire to change things in order to try and win the match. Hence, we have these manufactured dramas which acquire legendary status and are then held up as a shining example of just how exciting the game really is, which in reality, deserve no such exaltations.
At the same time, shorter matches also don't = entertainment. You may not agree with Rafa's contention that longer matches are more entertaining but no one can argue that shorter matches are equally or more entertaining.

In my opinion, Nadal draws the "longer matches = entertainment" from the matches that are usually considered the greatest matches of all time – normally five sets in majors; or long three set matches in masters tournaments. Nadal is incorrect in equating the time between points as to what make classic matches entertaining however when players play a longer than usual point – which happens a lot in Murray, Nadal and Djokovic matches – they'll need extra time to recover; otherwise, the following point is a giveaway unreturnable serve or a shanked return which no one wants to see. That being said, this only applies to players who actually have offensive weapons, not pushing matches like Simon vs Monfils.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... old Rafito is slowly losing his mind it seems... So much nonsense in this interview.. Shame really..

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #81
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“I find hardcourts the worst for the body. You don’t see footballers playing on hard fields, or any other sports with aggressive moments (being practiced on the same surface). They’re the most harming for articulations, knees, backs.”

“I don’t think a change to more clay and grass tournaments will be possible in my generation. The ATP needs to be more careful to prolong their player’s careers. I want to be able to still practice sports after I retire. Tennis careers are very important, but life is more,” said the 26-year-old player.
Oh Rafa, you do know that tennis is one of the easiest sports on the body right, comments like this make me think you've never played the game before, removing hardcourts, what the, does that mean you will never play on a HC again.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.

Last edited by J99 : 02-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #82
country flag Sebes

Sebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond repute

I have a theory here.
Nadal has been spewing similar nonsense for quite some time(2-year ranking,less tournaments in a season,now 25 seconds rule),because he wants people to accept his inevitable and quickly upcoming retirement.By making an idiot and utterly egotistic bastard out of himself,he just wants to spare his fans and every tennis lover of the world the grief that would come should he retire in glory,loved and respected by tennis afficionados all over the world.He just cares so much about not breaking people's hearts that he is willing to sacrifice his popularity

Seriously though,the only thing you need to interpret these remarks is this part " for ME to play in a high level for four hours..."
Tells you all you want to know about "Humblito".

I may sound bitter,but too much is too much.I want to remember Rafa as an amazing competitor,not the ultimate whiner.
Sebes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #83
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly someone Janowicz can admire freely as well...

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #84
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
And it is baffling to me because a) his analogy fails b) clay season is already long enough, some might say too long c) court surfaces have been homogenized anyway which in fact helps a counterpuncher like him. Is he saying get rid of hard courts altogether and have only grass and clay? I hope the man is not getting senile.. I mean he is after all still 26 years old..
Yep, about 1/3 of the season is played on clay. And I think that's the correct amount of clay events.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #85
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
"Aggressive surfaces"? What? It depends on how you play on hard court. Actually it's less taxing if you adopt a more aggressive approach to these so-called 'aggressive surface'. Sure if you try digging out every freaking ball and run around for 5+ hrs on a hard court it might not constitute a very smart stratagem but why not, oh I don't know, say here's a nutty idea, adopt a different style for- and actually adapt to- the surface you're playing on? He is not saying he doesn't have the skill set or imagination to adapt is he?
The slowing down of hard courts allows for defensive counterpunching and long rallies. Speed up the courts and players will be forced to adapt a more aggressive strategy and hence have shorter points and less running around. In one aspect and a roundabout way, Nadal has a point, probably not the one he's trying to make, but the courts were slowed down so people see more tennis but that meant more running around for players. If the tournaments sped up the courts, it'll result in less tennis but also less running around and hence prolong the careers of players. Being aggressive on a slow court is not going to benefit the attacker – only speeding up the courts will promote aggressive tennis. The downside to this is during the 90s you had Ivanisevic and Krajicek winning majors, so you may have similar big servers Karlovic and Isner serving their way to major titles.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #86
country flag mikkemus23

mikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond repute

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092011/131610...conference.gif

Nadal
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #87
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is ageing fast it seems ... cause ... i'm sorry for his fans ...
IF Nadal ever become the GOAT he'll be the most undeserving GOAT in all of the sports history !
SUCH A MATADOR and ENDURING Nadal with lots of stamina The CLAY goat can't play tennis if he can't rest 25 seconds + between points just to concentrate and play to the maximum the next point Kneedull

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #88
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Another to note as well. The French could not have been told what to do at their slam if they want a new champion in an any more straightforward way .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #89
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of hate this guy gets just for stating his personal opinions is pathetic.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #90
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

You want to take longer than the rules allow? Pay for it. Lose a first serve and take your time if you feel like. But take it like a man

Some people just want to get away with it and do not do their time. You can't have rules be taylormade for you.

Someone needs to tell Nadal that he is not the center of the tennis universe, too...

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote