Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #166
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
No, not really. Not in sports anyway. Without strict rules, what is the point of competitive sports? Some players work really hard on their endurance/stamina, and they WANT their opponent to play the next point as soon as possible, certainly within 25 second rule. They don't want them rested. A fitter player who works hard on his stamina/endurance should be rewarded for his hard work, and an opponent that breaks the 25 second rule to rest is not fair.
tennis rules are less controversial and discretionary in their application than those of sports like football and basketball. 25seconds rule, just like every rule, has some underlying purpose, which is to speed up the game and reward fitness. if, however, both of the players are just knackered after a miraculous 50shot rally, it makes little sense to have the next point played rapidly just so that we see a df or a return promptly dumped into the net. not saying that 25 seconds should be applied in a lax manner, just that application of the rule should still be subject to reasonable exceptions. otherwise, you may just replace the umpires and linesman with the hawekeye and ship siren to signal when the serving time has been transgressed.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #167
Timariot

Timariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
There were never many green clay events and they were all small.
US Open was small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Even if all of them were still in the calendar, Nadal wouldn´t play a single one of them.
That's why we need more of them.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #168
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Cyclists also. What's the use of roadside bistros if you don't visit them along the way?

Lance Armstrong should open a chain of restaurants along Tour de France roads, serving some juicy specialities for cyclists and all visitors.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #169
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
His PR team should really do something about his interviews. Nadal is talking to much. The only talk I want him to do, as a fan, is on a tennis court.
well I can understand that it's not the part of him that you like personally, but as for his own personal interests, there's no doubt that what he and also his uncle have said in the media about the conditions of the game of tennis have managed to have a lot of influence in the ATP and in the media in the last years (in some media, you indeed only heard his opinions as being the expression of what "the players" wanted)

Not as much as he would have liked, as he just failed (but by short, as he was supported by all other top-10 players in that time except Fed who voted against, and one or two who didn't vote) to impose the 2-year ranking system.

As for putting the WTF right after the US Open as he wanted, he also nearly succeeded and can still probably succeed.

And now clearly he has a new crusade against the 25-second rule.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if he succeeded this time.

For instance, I've hardly seen or heard of warnings in recent days
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #170
country flag Hugh Jaas

Hugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post

Lance Armstrong should open a chain of restaurants along Tour de France roads, serving some juicy specialities for cyclists and all visitors.
Hugh Jaas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #171
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

He has a point in everything he says but as usual haters will just hate without stopping to analise his words with a clear unpolluted mind.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #172
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal 1:25 between points here

Federer winning a game in 49 seconds

at 0.26 of Nadal video press play on Fed video, for fun
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #173
country flag Ichiban1920

Ichiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadull and his Nadull-tard fans are an embarrassment to sports.
Ichiban1920 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #174
country flag howyesno

howyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond repute

btw, there is no better feeling than tribalfusion giving you a good rep (by mistake) followed by some "kind" words when you make an innocent joke about rafa

Doesn't like:
Tomic, Almagro, Murray
howyesno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #175
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Top rated comment from that Rafa/Mayer vid

"and not surprisingly, it happens when nadal is losing... nadal was awfully quick between serves when djokovic was struggling for breath in this year's australian open
how did this guy even win a stefan edberg sportsmanship award?"
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #176
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Top rated comment from that Rafa/Mayer vid

"and not surprisingly, it happens when nadal is losing... nadal was awfully quick between serves when djokovic was struggling for breath in this year's australian open
how did this guy even win a stefan edberg sportsmanship award?"
better top rated comment on the Fed 49 second game video

By the time Nadal picks his butt, smells his hand, accomodates his hair, pulls his socks, etc. he has spent the same 49 seconds it took the MAESTRO to finish one game.

60 thumbs up.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #177
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

I mean everything he is saying has some logic to it, obviously hard court is tough on the body and 25 seconds at times is not enough. however, I do think that umpires are generally fair and that after extremely long points they do typically allow a bit more time for players to collect themselves and breathe

Nadal does seem a bit grumpy grandpa in this but the thing is he's one of the sports superstars, he sort of has to express his opinion.

and all of these threads that post his interviews sort of are unfair to him because some reason it seems to go past everyone's brains that it is indeed JOURNALISTS who ask him questions like this

when a journalist asks Nadal "what do you think needs to be improved on tour" or "how do you feel about the new 25 second enforced time rule" etc etc etc why are all of you surprised that he says something negative? it's not his job to necessarily LIKE all of the rules in the sport. and if he is competing with the new rules then clearly he has accepted the terms and it is purely up to the umpires to enforce the rules.

grow up and stop whining about Rafael's whining. it's like a never ending headache with Nadal's typical answers to journalists looking for spicy conversations that then create a whirlwind of annoying hater threads

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #178
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Stop whining about his whining?

Now there is an oxymoron
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #179
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

No one likes 40 second breaks between points.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #180
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
He has a point in everything he says but as usual haters will just hate without stopping to analise his words with a clear unpolluted mind.
Coming from you, This is just too hillarious
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote