Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #136
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
His PR team should really do something about his interviews. Nadal is talking to much. The only talk I want him to do, as a fan, is on a tennis court.
Do you want him to go back to his standard, boring interviews? PR teams are the most disgusting thing in sport, completely taking away creativity and originality and coming up with the same, politically correct answers.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #137
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban1920 View Post
Fuck this pathetic moonballing mug named Nadull complaining about the ATP not catering to his gamesmanship and time wasting skills.

Of course the pathetic Nadull-tards on here nod their collective empty heads to anything Nadull spews out of his mouth.

Nadull has cheated his way to winning matches simply by taking 45 seconds between points and now he's whining he can no longer cheat.
You mad bro? Time to get laid I think. Lol.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #138
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa

Now I know why Toni follows him everywhere. He's not just his coach, he makes sure that Rafa keeps his mouth shut as much as possible. Actually I like this Rafa. Gives us more entertainment when he is not censored by Toni.

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #139
country flag Javier Bardem

Javier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond reputeJavier Bardem has a reputation beyond repute

What's he mean no other sport with surface, what about basketball? Lol I thought Pau was his boy
Javier Bardem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #140
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Do you want him to go back to his standard, boring interviews? PR teams are the most disgusting thing in sport, completely taking away creativity and originality and coming up with the same, politically correct answers.
Is there anything to be excitment, creative or original about this? It's the same arguments all over again and I am fucking tired of them. Again, as a player fan, I want him to give answers in a tennis court. Or do you think this non-stop whining will improve his game?

EDIT: BTW, your bad rep just proved me right

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #141
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I do agree with others.. all I'm saying is the guy has the right to speak his mind.
And people have the right to dislike what's on his mind. Nobody is forbidding Rafa from speaking his mind, but personal opinions sometimes have consequences, and this is one of those times. I remember when Nole lost to Rafa at FO years ago, he said in the press conference that in his opinion he was in control of the match, even though Nadal trashed him badly. Now, that was Nole's personal opinion, but MAJORITY of critics and fans were laughing.

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #142
country flag zcess81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
agreed.
every rule is meant to be applied reasonably, its application is not an end in itself.
No, not really. Not in sports anyway. Without strict rules, what is the point of competitive sports? Some players work really hard on their endurance/stamina, and they WANT their opponent to play the next point as soon as possible, certainly within 25 second rule. They don't want them rested. A fitter player who works hard on his stamina/endurance should be rewarded for his hard work, and an opponent that breaks the 25 second rule to rest is not fair.

AJDE NOLE!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #143
country flag Modetopia

Modetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond reputeModetopia has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal dismissed changing his style to try to extend his career.
''I'm not that good to be able to reprogram my style, I only have one, it's virtually impossible to change it,'' he said. ''I'm confident that my body will hold up. I'm not sure it will happen next week, or next year, but I'm confident that it will be like before again.''
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #144
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I do agree with others.. all I'm saying is the guy has the right to speak his mind.
Sure, and others have a right to criticize him.

The right to offend is integral to freedom of expression.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #145
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly is a good thing that Nadal didn't follow his first love of football. I don't think he would be able to convince the ruling body to allow him forty seconds rest every other minute. Face it people--Nadal's impressive physicality is a myth.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #146
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Sergiy Stakhovsky ‏@Stako_tennis
Read #Nadals interview regarding surfaces..I agree to play half season on clay if the hard courts will be same speed as 2001.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #147
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Certainly someone Janowicz can admire freely as well...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #148
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Read #Nadals interview regarding surfaces..I agree to play half season on clay if the hard courts will be same speed as 2001.
nadal's comeback is worth it just for this interview.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #149
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Staks tearing new assholes as usual.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #150
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
Federer already draws enough adoring lynch mobs whenever he speaks his mind. You don't have to worry about that. In fact, 'Rogi' got torn into itty bitty pieces when he once dared to opinionate that clay is a sort of second-rate surface that requires a one-dimensional skill set. According to the clay-lovers Rogi's innuendo was a sin of the highest magnitude, deserving of capital punishment or worse.. So enough already with the faux pity for Nadal's legal privileges.

Look nobody is questioning Nadal's inalienable right to free speech. It is the content of that speech that we also have an inalienable right to question, and that is what we're doing, thank you very much.
Couldn't have said it better.