What do you think about the Catholic Church? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #46
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about the Catholic Church?

lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #47
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #48
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
It's not my fault you Catholics sided with the Nazis and are accomplices of the holocaust.
How am I surprised that a Communist is making me repeat myself. They invented this lie in the 60's. "The absolute pits of the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
And it's also pathetic to claim leftists collaborated with Pétain in France.
Excellent. Now I'm gonna have some fun, because Simon Epstein provided NEVER-ENDING lists.

Pierre Laval: SFIO MP in 1914. The epitome of collaboration ! A big name, right.
Pierre Drieu La Rochelle: Member of the Rad-Soc party. Manager of the collaboration mag La Nouvelle Revue française. Very influential
Jean Luchaire: before the war, manager of the left-wing newspaper Notre temps. During the war, of the collabo newspaper Les nouveaux temps
Jacques Doriot: Communist, founder of the LVF, the French Waffen-SS
Marcel Déat: SFIO MP in the 20's and 30's. Minister in the Vichy Government.
René Bousquet: bureaucrat close sponsored by left-wing senator Sarrault, Mitterrand's close friend, general secretary of the Vichy police, organizer of the Vel d'Hiv raid and responsible for the deportation of 54000 Jews.

Never-ending lists!

Simon Sabiani, Paul Perrin, André Grisoni, Paul Rives, René Bellin, Marcel Peyrouton, ... I guess I might stop here because I think I'm gonna die before I list them all. These lists are NEVER-ENDING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh
native church there is the Orthodox Church, not Catholic.
The Byzantine Emperor twice called the Pope for help. In 1073 and 1095. But perhaps you'd rather they be reduced to dhimmis. But then you'll have to say it.

So I repeat my question to TV: what is the poblem? My problem with it is the supranational character.

Quote:
More BS
Back to Epstein work.

The French who joined General de Gaulle in London in summer 1940 were Catholics and Jews. They would even quarrel in front of De Gaulle.

Honoré d'Estienne d'Orves: member of a Catholic movement when a student, close to the Action française (monarchist and Catholic movement). Reached England in August 1940. Sent in mission to France by De Gaulle in December. Arrested by the Gestapo in 1941.
René Pléven: Close to the Action française as a student. Joined London in 1940. Future De Gaulle minister
Pierre Messmer: Member of the Camelots du Roi (Catholic movement linked with AF) as a student. Reached Liverpool in July 1940. Combatted the Nazis in Bir Hackeim among other battle. Future PM.
Gilbert Renault: Member of the Camelots, one of the first to reach London after De Gaulle's call. Back to France, created the BCRA: clandestine Resistance agency.
Maurice Duclos: Member of the far-right movement La Cagoule. Reached London in July 1940. Back to France, entered the BCRA.

Etc. Etc. Only Catholics heard De Gaulle's call in 1940 and kept on the war. We have texts, archives, ...

Quote:
He lived a life of poverty
A protestant giving me moral lessons on poverty is quite ironic. Your coreligionists legitimized usury. Not mine. Protestant churches are obsessed with money ...

Quote:
Not surprised you love Islam.
No I don't. Game over.

Quote:
Catholics created Islam as a tool to wipe out Jews and Orthodox Christians. Yet another devious plot in the popish machinery of death.
And the landing on the moon was a Stanley Kubrick film.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #49
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute

I find it incredibly disgusting, but at least they make you study to be a priest and don't try to teach creationism in science class. After moving to the Southeast USA, I REALLY appreciate that.

Still, the World would be a better place if it disappeared along with the rest of Abrahamic religions.

-Scott Adams-
Collective is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #50
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Still, the World would be a better place if it disappeared along with the rest of Abrahamic religions.
Ah, an atheistic world! Look what it's done for China and Russia and all of the other murdering and totalitarian regimes throughout history. The incredibly rich heritage we have here in the west is primarily due to the Judeo/Christian traditions that have guided us for centuries. The fact that you want the majority of the planet to disappear does not surprise me. Thankfully, what you hope for is equivalent to me wanting the sky to be neon green, ain't gonna happen bro.

The eastern religions and philosophies are not perfect either, have some equally bizarre and antiquated teachings, and adherents that have gone off the deep end just as badly as any crusader or inquisitor.

Good ol Abe is still all right with me!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 02-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #51
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

It's a corporation with lots of profits.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #52
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Ah, an atheistic world! Look what it's done for China and Russia and all of the other murdering and totalitarian regimes throughout history. The incredibly rich heritage we have here in the west is primarily due to the Judeo/Christian traditions that have guided us for centuries. The fact that you want the majority of the planet to disappear does not surprise me. Thankfully, what you hope for is equivalent to me wanting the sky to be neon green, ain't gonna happen bro.

The eastern religions and philosophies are not perfect either, have some equally bizarre and antiquated teachings, and adherents that have gone off the deep end just as badly as any crusader or inquisitor.

Meh, what is an extremist Jain going to do? Stop using shoes to avoid killing an insect? Abrahamic extremist on the other hand have burned people and flown planes into buildings.

Note I didn't say people should disappear, just the religions What traditions wouldn't have been possible without Hebrew mythology? I think it's overrated. Morals don't come from religion.

-Scott Adams-
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #53
country flag Collective

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatennis View Post
It's a corporation with lots of profits.
With the competitive advantage of being tax exempt in most countries!

-Scott Adams-
Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #54
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ummm, what? Atheism has not committed those murders. Murderers have committed those murders. Blaming it on atheism is as narrow minded as it can be. In all cases I know, atheists are more friendly and welcome a more diverse and happier life than anyone else. And I have a lot of atheist friends to prove it.

Sure, Valentine's Day, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus have indeed been Christian traditions that have guided us for centuries. Let's not forget Halloween, the Tooth Fairy and the Sandman. As you can see, Christianism has done next to nothing to add to the old pagan traditions, except steal them and make them part of it. Even here, the Orthodox Church cannot claim most of the traditions celebrated in all parts of the country, since they may have existed more than 5000 years ago.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #55
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond repute

I actually don't understand how an emancipated women can be a member of this church

I just heard an interview with a german bishop who said that women in general are not able to work as a priest.
That remembered me of the time when women were not allowed to study
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #56
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

The Catholic Church is just as bad as any organised religious institution. But the Catholic Church is a tiny bit worse than the others because it is so shamelessly corrupt and filthy rich ever since the early Middle Ages (and of course the converting of Europe, often with violence).
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #57
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
With the competitive advantage of being tax exempt in most countries!
Matthew 6:24: "You cannot serve both God and Money".

Hell yeah you can!

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #58
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

Why do all you religious nutjobs mention the communist regimes whenever you picture an atheistic society instead of places like Scandinavia? Are Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc. also murdering and totalitarian regimes?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #59
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Why do all you religious nutjobs mention the communist regimes whenever you picture an atheistic society instead of places like Scandinavia? Are Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc. also murdering and totalitarian regimes?
Good post. It's the standard for theists to bring up Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler. It's funny, not only because of what you said, but also that they claim that 'throughout history' atheist societies have failed, yet they can only mention 20th century regimes.

They forget what the French Revolution has done to diminish the old privileges of the church.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #60
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
Good post. It's the standard for theists to bring up Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler. It's funny, not only because of what you said, but also that they claim that 'throughout history' atheist societies have failed, yet they can only mention 20th century regimes.

They forget what the French Revolution has done to diminish the old privileges of the church.
Oh yeah, it's a great post if you don't require any historical or demographic information about those countries. High five.

It made me laugh when he called me a nutjob because he doesn't know how open minded I am about a great many worldviews, unlike you guys. Notice I never succumbed to the automatic reflex of name calling.

True, the most egregious examples of following humanist doctrine are 20th century tragedies, but most of the societies in the world before that time were very much theist, whether they were aboriginal, such as the native americans (the belief of a creator, and knowledge of his moral code), or any of the other world religions.

I posted a link to some of the most educated scientific minds who are currently practicing, who believe in the concept of intelligent design, and who are a lot more knowledgeable than you or me. Bros there is nothing "funny" about it, and there are no "nutjobs" in the house. No idea who you're referring to.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 02-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote