What do you think about the Catholic Church? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about the Catholic Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
To be honest, I struggle to make any sense of this post. What do you mean?
Well I was probably a bit unclear. What I meant is that, like Sam Harris says, some religions are more strict than others. I feel that many protestant countries have looser rules with respect to a lot of things.

Of course, no religion would be the best
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Well I was probably a bit unclear. What I meant is that, like Sam Harris says, some religions are more strict than others. I feel that many protestant countries have looser rules with respect to a lot of things.

Of course, no religion would be the best
That is a very widespread, yet mostly unsubstantiated prejudice as far as I've been able to observe.

Although Germany is partly Catholic, it is often considered to be deeply influenced by the Lutheran tradition. And yet, I keep seeing how Germans have more conservative stances on issues like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia, etc. than Spaniards do.

Of course, it might be that the German society is more influenced by Catholicism than I think, or that my perception is skewed... but that's the impression I've been getting.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course this is meant to be another bashing thread.Clueless clowns attacking Church(not just Catholic of course) like they are the biggest "problem" on this planet.Why don't you go against your own governments,banks,politicians,Rockfellers & co and everyone who's trying to enslave humanity for their own profit & power with their false democracy.But instead,the biggest problem is Church's view on condoms.So many fucking ignorant ****s.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

The Catholic Church's lost all its credibility since the Vatican II Council. It's no longer the Church, it's completely paganized. Catholics are no longer Catholics. Benedict could've been some sort of a hope when he re-instated Traditionalists/Lefebvrists who were excommunicated by John-Paul II but on the other hand in his encycle Caritas in veritate (2009), he clearly advocated for a World Political authority, linked with the UN. This globalist stance is of course anti-Christian, through and through.

The Church has just become a Human Right charity like so many others in the West, charities justifying new forms of colonization. Just have a look at John-Paul II's big parties. Woodstock with a Cross !

Before Vatican II, the Church stated that the World should adapt itself to Catholic principles and after Vatican II, it states that the Church should adapt to the New World Order (Encycle Pacem in Terris by John XXIII).

On top of that the Council legitimized Judaism!

Oh and the idea that Protestants are less Puritans than traditional Catholics is just ... unspeakable stupidity. As a non-believer friend once said, the problem with anti-Christians is that they lack culture !
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The Catholic Church's lost all its credibility since the Vatican II Council. It's no longer the Church, it's completely paganized. Catholics are no longer Catholics. Benedict could've been some sort of a hope when he re-instated Traditionalists/Lefebvrists who were excommunicated by John-Paul II but on the other hand in his encycle Caritas in veritate (2009), he clearly advocated for a World Political authority, linked with the UN. This globalist stance is of course anti-Christian, through and through.

The Church has just become a Human Right charity like so many others in the West, charities justifying new forms of colonization. Just have a look at John-Paul II's big parties. Woodstock with a Cross !

Before Vatican II, the Church stated that the World should adapt itself to Catholic principles and after Vatican II, it states that the Church should adapt to the New World Order (Encycle Pacem in Terris by John XXIII).

Oh and the idea that Protestants are less Puritans than traditional Catholics is just ... unspeakable stupidity. As a non-believer friend once said, the problem with anti-Christians is that they lack culture !
I thought it exist for 3000+ years without the church permission.
I thought jesus was jewish so they need to legitimized his Religion? what will happen if they wouldnt?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They do? Well, the problem with Catholics is that they believe themselves to be superior to everyone else. Hence your post generalizing the Catholic Church into all Christianity. And hence considering the idea of the whole world to adapt itself to the Catholic model a good idea.

Don't worry. I'm not generalizing you to all Catholics. I am both Orthodox and Catholic in my education, I know both mentalities.

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 02-13-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
They do? Well, the problem with Catholics is that they believe themselves to be superior to everyone else. Hence your post generalizing the Catholic Church into all Christianity. And hence considering the idea of the whole world to adapt itself to the Catholic model a good idea.

Don't worry. I'm not generalizing you to all Catholics. I am both Orthodox and Catholic in my education, I know both mentalities.
but all religions think they are superior than others
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #23
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
but all religions think they are superior than others
True, but there is something that the "Universal Church" does which no other religion does.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #24
country flag Punky

Quote:
True, but there is something that the "Universal Church" does which no other religion does.
like? (im not messing with u, i really dont know)

Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
like? (im not messing with u, i really dont know)
It's not hard you know. Why is there a black Cardinal from Nigeria on the pope short list? Because Catholics have spread "the word" to Africa. Why didn't the Orthodox church do this? Orthodox are very careful about evangelizing, they don't want to intrude. The Universal Church has and will always feel the need to bring the entire planet to "salvation" and in my opinion, intrudes in many cultures. People have called this proselytism, but many religions in the past have done it quite well. The Catholic Church is expanding by "conquering", and right now, there is no other religion that does this, or certainly, not at this scale.

This is all my opinion having seen first hand this way of thinking. It's obvious it's not THE opinion.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
country flag Punky

Quote:
It's not hard you know. Why is there a black Cardinal from Nigeria on the pope short list? Because Catholics have spread "the word" to Africa. Why didn't the Orthodox church do this? Orthodox are very careful about evangelizing, they don't want to intrude. The Universal Church has and will always feel the need to bring the entire planet to "salvation" and in my opinion, intrudes in many cultures. People have called this proselytism, but many religions in the past have done it quite well. The Catholic Church is expanding by "conquering", and right now, there is no other religion that does this, or certainly, not at this scale.

This is all my opinion having seen first hand this way of thinking. It's obvious it's not THE opinion.
i didnt see it that way and I lack information about the differences in the churches, as u can guess i hardly hear about it, only i Xmas bc my BBF from work is Catholic

Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Holy facepalm Batman
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Religions are

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #29
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
That is a very widespread, yet mostly unsubstantiated prejudice as far as I've been able to observe.

Although Germany is partly Catholic, it is often considered to be deeply influenced by the Lutheran tradition. And yet, I keep seeing how Germans have more conservative stances on issues like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia, etc. than Spaniards do.

Of course, it might be that the German society is more influenced by Catholicism than I think, or that my perception is skewed... but that's the impression I've been getting.
Might be true. Just speaking from the Nordic countries, where the church is pretty weak and most people are basically atheists even if they belong to the church for traditional reasons.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #30
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

All the worst.Should I even start?
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote