What do you think about the Catholic Church? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #136
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about the Catholic Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Religion is for the weak.

I was baptized as a child and it annoys me every time I think about it.

People shouldn't grow up being forced into religion, they should be allowed to choose.
This may be a first, but I actually agree with you. Awesome post deserving of good rep.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #137
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. If people had to make that decision with 18 or 21 most would choose against the church.

Well, everybody could exit the church as an adult but most are too lazy to do so.

Some with the tax: If there had been a strict seperation between state and church and the taxes wouldn't have been taking off right away most (as it is in Germany at least) most people would exit the church either!

But this way most people don't even know how much taxes they pay for the church and don't care. It would be completely different if you hade to refer this ammount every month!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #138
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
For all the issues between Protestants and Catholics, they have far more in common with each other in terms of values, morals, attitudes and culture as fellow Christains than either have with the totally different religion Judaism.

The way I see it, since Cromwell restored the OT as the primary divine authority, Protestantism is just Judaism revisited, including the whole destructive/racist political programme of Deuteronomy. Of course, I don't generalize this to every Protestant. One of my intellectual references - Jean-Jacques Rousseau - was Protestant and said the only important book to read was the Gospel.

But we, Catholics, who correctly read the Gospel know that Jesus came to denounce the Scribes and the Sanhedrine as traitors to a universal divine promise and thus to reject all the tenets taught in the OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Agent Orange is a valid point, but still see the dangerous aplication of science like Hiroshima and Nagasaki being the product of politician decision making rather than scientists.
They created it and sold it to the Pentagon, fully aware it was extremely poisonous. What for? In order not to be used?

Scientists are always siding power. Always have been and always will be.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #139
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Scientists have also helped in raising welfare for almost all people. GDP growth is mainly fuelled by scientific discovery in the western world.

Of course, science also gives us truth (e.g. evolution, Earth moves around the sun). Unlike religion.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #140
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The way I see it, since Cromwell restored the OT as the primary divine authority, Protestantism is just Judaism revisited, including the whole destructive/racist political programme of Deuteronomy. Of course, I don't generalize this to every Protestant. One of my intellectual references - Jean-Jacques Rousseau - was Protestant and said the only important book to read was the Gospel.

But we, Catholics, who correctly read the Gospel know that Jesus came to denounce the Scribes and the Sanhedrine as traitors to a universal divine promise and thus to reject all the tenets taught in the OT.

They created it and sold it to the Pentagon, fully aware it was extremely poisonous. What for? In order not to be used?

Scientists are always siding power. Always have been and always will be.
This is exactly what makes religion the incendiary dangerous divisive crap it is.

Every single religion, every denomination, every believer thinks they are the ones who read the scripts correctly.

To hell with "faith".

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #141
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Agree. If people had to make that decision with 18 or 21 most would choose against the church.

Well, everybody could exit the church as an adult but most are too lazy to do so.

Some with the tax: If there had been a strict seperation between state and church and the taxes wouldn't have been taking off right away most (as it is in Germany at least) most people would exit the church either!

But this way most people don't even know how much taxes they pay for the church and don't care. It would be completely different if you hade to refer this ammount every month!
That is a very German thing to say.

I believe in most countries you are not registered in the Catholic Church the way you are in Germany and thus you can't austreten (exit, leave, apostate, sign out, whatever you want to call it).

I filled out the form and left the Catholic Church here in Germany, since I had no intention of paying 38€ a month to that institution, so I'm officially not a Catholic here. But I was baptised in Spain, and nobody down there knows I strayed from the path of the Lord, so I'm still a Catholic in Spain.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #142
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
This is exactly what makes religion the incendiary dangerous divisive crap it is.

Every single religion, every denomination, every believer thinks they are the ones who read the scripts correctly.

To hell with "faith".
u know whats the difference? some cultures didnt let Scripture stop their cultural progress while others did.

all believe, some do a Separation and some do not.

the moment u stop thinking on ur own and close ur eyes even when things dont make Sense or just crazy, ur not a Religious/righteous or believe, ur just stupid.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #143
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

it may sound silly to some, but from orthdox point of view catholicism is a revolutionary movement.

distorted ideas and apostasy of the bishop of rome have released demons in the west that are after himself - revolution like saturn devours its own children.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #144
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Just a religion.

It comes with prepackeged concepts about god and how to praise him.

Religions brainwash people from birth, the person is unable to change some of those views for life.

Never having the chance to make his own decision on god in many cases.

Why parents would do this to their own is somewhat primitive.

But I see the little ones going to places of worship all the time, I feel bad for the little ones.

The catholic church tried to hide the child molestors, I believe this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #145
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
it may sound silly to some, but from orthdox point of view catholicism is a revolutionary movement.

distorted ideas and apostasy of the bishop of rome have released demons in the west that are after himself - revolution like saturn devours its own children.

Yet a great Orthodox mind like Alexander Dugin said you'd better with "traditional" Catholics (which means non-Conciliarists) and Muslims because the differences between us are small compared to the difference we have with Protestants, Judaists and atheists.

Let's unite.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #146
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yet a great Orthodox mind like Alexander Dugin said you'd better with "traditional" Catholics (which means non-Conciliarists) and Muslims because the differences between us are small compared to the difference we have with Protestants, Judaists and atheists.

Let's unite.
a few things i dont understand (I'm sorry in advance that if i will ask stupid questions but this is a new topic for me)

What is the difference between the Jesuits and the other orders?
Do they believe in modesty?
What is the difference between the Jesuits and the Franciscans?
i read that the Order work is focuses on missions in Mission, human rights, social justice and especially higher education, what happen when high education Conflicts with religion?
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #147
country flag Echoes

I don't really know the Franciscans ...

I just know the clash between Jesuits and Jansenists. Jesuits believe that you can sin all you want, as long as you keep your faith (In Graham Greene's The Power and the Glory, the priest is an alcoholic and has a bastard child !). The Jansenists believe that some people are elected and the multitude are doomed. They are the Catholic equivalents to the Calvinists. In the 80's they got the legal power and gained the Jesuit ban, which the Kings did not want (at least Louis XV of France).

Jesuits believe in modesty. I think the film Mission quite clearly shows it ...

They never used force to convert people. I grew up in a Jesuit school. I was an atheist back then and told my teacher - Jesuit priest - I did not like the priest converting natives by force in the colonies. He told me that Jesuits missionaries like saint Francis-Xavier in China would first get to know their cultures and what they believed in and then try to bring them to Christianity only by arguments and persuasion ...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #148
country flag Punky

thanks for making things more clear, i still get confused from all the orders in the church so i guess i will have more questions

how big is this order? what percentage of the Christians are Jesuits?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #149
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Apologises over the lack of a multi quote. I didn't want to mess it up, not as cool & with it as you twentysomethings.

Lol, it's just symbolic, no need to be literal about such things, I doubt they actually think God gave balls extra spin

I'm not convinced it's symbolism. God is thanked by JMDP when he wins but doesn't get a shout out when he loses, unlike Baghdatis. Which implies to me, JMDP believes God was responsible for his win.
"I want to thank Jehovah for letting me get this far. I almost didn't make it a few years ago, but now I'm here again and it's so worth it," Williams said. This is not symbolism.
The above quote was spoken after winning Wimbledon'12. It's the doctors who deserve the gratitude!

What is wrong with thanking God for their success?

I didn't mention anything about it being wrong, I stated it was laughable. A God who prevents slavery getting off the ground is worthy of worship. 'A God who helps entertainment folk achieve their aims', I'll remain strangers with that God.

Look at Oprah Whifrey for example. She didnt come from a rich family. She was poor herself. But God must've bless her because now shes one of the richest females in the world.

Or she's a very good orator who found a large audience with willing ears?
The last time I went to McDonalds I ordered nine nuggets but I got ten. Divine intervention or a youth who struggles to count to ten?
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #150
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

who struggles to count to ten?

Nine even.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote