Epic Tennis Stories!! Post them here! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Epic Tennis Stories!! Post them here!

I imagine some of you have played for your highschool, Uni, club, for fun, etc. Tell me those amazing stories of over-coming adversity or bageling someone, or just an amazing match you played.

My partner and I go to random public school
both at 3 doubles on varsity
regional opponent is rich tennis prodigy producing school
we were set to lose obviously due to the school stacking their three doubles (for those who don't know what this is: Nadal/Federer playing at futures level)
one guy was three doubles other dude was supposed to be one singels
school had influence aka $ so officials didn't give a shit
We play first few games it's incredibly close 3-3 we pull ahead game goes to tiebreak we end up scratching by 7-5)
Cue next set they beat us 6-3 (Arrogant as fuk) Always cheering when we faulted or did silly stuff.
The sun is starting to set, everyone else is done with their matches and comes to watch us.
Mind you 100 people or so from different schools family etc. Made me feel like a Pro
Everyone is cheering for us cuz we are actually modest and are underdogs.
Cue third set we end up going down 5-6, everyone is biting their nails
I hold serve and tell my partner to go to beast mode at net, cue tiebreak
Game ends up 6-5 we are up I'm serving for match *nerves!*
I hit my first ball into the net almost nailing my partner
Second ball is a dinker because *nerves*
Kid whips it to my backhand, do desperation lob
Net guy starts dancing *all my wut?*
Then slams it at my partner at the net.
Partner holds out raquet in self defense ball hits....
Arroganterer in the nuts
Goes down crying as does his teamate. Go to shake hand he is still on floor
Euphoria!!!
Lose in the next round anyways

-One of those Rosol moments, feels good man )

Btw best part was my mom talking to one of the kids mom's

Cue Rich Mom with all da pearls- My BOY has been playing tennis since he was 4 years old and is well respected. Your boy did well I guess
My Mom- He has only been playing for 4 years
Rich mom- Ohhh... I see, I'm going to miss my tanning appointment, tata. She left her kid's match for tanning....

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
country flag Pelotari

Pelotari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Epic Tennis Stories!! Post them here!

im a really weird and antisocial dude from north of spain, played tennis in high school for a couple of years when i was like 14 or so. I did not entirely like my teachers, there was something weird about them, something odd, a gloomy feeling, you could almost smell it (or maybe im just paranoid, but i swear, a lot of these tennis teacher dudes look like alien pods or something). THey looked at me funny because i would wear iron maiden shirts to tournament games, which is lame, i had way worse tshirts, i had baron rojo tshirts for pete sampras sake!!!
Anyway im there and im thinking "i wonder how will they react if a hit them in the balls". So i formulate a plan and i achieve my first ballbursting run, from high altitude i would drop stealth and i would drop a volley to their general crotch area, saturation bombing style, i HAD TO HIT SOMETHING.
So i nail the first dude.
Pain and laughter ensues, thats life right there boys and girls, pain, and lulz, lots of lulz. No ill feelings, just some grunting, A couple of months later i take my ninja skills to the second set of balls, or balls set match as i would say. So this is how it went down, the dude is talking on the other side of the court, and the kids are serving, its my turn, and so much talking im starting to see red, not only because his vocabulary was really poor, but he WOULD JUST NOT SHUT UP. So im thinking, i will serve this ball as hard as i can positively can, and god willing, i will make him STOP, I will serve them all and god will sort them out. So i served and hit the dude in the nutsack.
Again, pain and laughter ensues, all the kids loling, "he did it again!!! he did it again!!!" we were alive gdamm it, i think he even cried, it was beautiful, so much emotion.
But then he gets mad, "why did you just served bla bla bla i was talking it bla bla bla!!!", i let him calm down and finally i go, "come on teach! its not like i did it on purpose... how could i possibly hit something SO SMALL from here on purpose!!!!"
He acted like he did not hear, game set ballz right there
In the summer a girl was going to be the new teacher, all the boys were really amped up and going "NIIIICE". Full conversations revolving around just one word: "NIIIIICE". Turns out she was like a cross between angela merkel and margaret tatcher. So i did what i do best, thats right you guessed it: try to hit HER in the balls
I gave it my best, i ate my cereal, took my vitamins, prayed to several gods, but i couldnt do it, i just could not, every day, looking for those mythical balls on the hill, i sensed they were close, i could almost taste them (wait, that came up bad, forget that!), but i failed. Ive never forgiven myself for not completing my opera magna. Now im hollow, incomplete, sterile (well, not like them lol)
SO i turned the racket to me, a single tear runs down my face, i was ready to commit ball sepukku, but, wait a moment, you know what? f tennis, this thing resembles a guitar!!!. thats it, im learning to play the guitar!!!
And thats the story of how i went to playing tennis to playing the guitar

I realized i could never be a white knight, i was supposed to be a dark knight. Because i could take it

ps. Do you know its easier to string a guitar than a racket? i leave you all with that thought in mind, challenging you all at nighttime

pps. true story
Pelotari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say, Pelotari, that is the best tennis story I've ever read!
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
I imagine some of you have played for your highschool, Uni, club, for fun, etc. Tell me those amazing stories of over-coming adversity or bageling someone, or just an amazing match you played.

My partner and I go to random public school
both at 3 doubles on varsity
regional opponent is rich tennis prodigy producing school
we were set to lose obviously due to the school stacking their three doubles (for those who don't know what this is: Nadal/Federer playing at futures level)
one guy was three doubles other dude was supposed to be one singels
school had influence aka $ so officials didn't give a shit
We play first few games it's incredibly close 3-3 we pull ahead game goes to tiebreak we end up scratching by 7-5)
Cue next set they beat us 6-3 (Arrogant as fuk) Always cheering when we faulted or did silly stuff.
The sun is starting to set, everyone else is done with their matches and comes to watch us.
Mind you 100 people or so from different schools family etc. Made me feel like a Pro
Everyone is cheering for us cuz we are actually modest and are underdogs.
Cue third set we end up going down 5-6, everyone is biting their nails
I hold serve and tell my partner to go to beast mode at net, cue tiebreak
Game ends up 6-5 we are up I'm serving for match *nerves!*
I hit my first ball into the net almost nailing my partner
Second ball is a dinker because *nerves*
Kid whips it to my backhand, do desperation lob
Net guy starts dancing *all my wut?*
Then slams it at my partner at the net.
Partner holds out raquet in self defense ball hits....
Arroganterer in the nuts
Goes down crying as does his teamate. Go to shake hand he is still on floor
Euphoria!!!
Lose in the next round anyways

-One of those Rosol moments, feels good man )

Btw best part was my mom talking to one of the kids mom's

Cue Rich Mom with all da pearls- My BOY has been playing tennis since he was 4 years old and is well respected. Your boy did well I guess
My Mom- He has only been playing for 4 years
Rich mom- Ohhh... I see, I'm going to miss my tanning appointment, tata. She left her kid's match for tanning....

My favorite story is just Goran Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon. Yours is way better.

Currently supporting whoever entertains me.
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote