Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Congrats to Crvena Zvezda & Crvena Zvezda/molosztash - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #616
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Thursday Diffs Posted - Posts 545 and 546

IMO no one consciously chooses not to send to both managers. It's probably just an honest mistake, so I think the right thing to do would be to give a warning, and then if it happens again in the same tournament disqualify that player. This is just a game, such strict rules ruin the fun of it.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #617
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Thursday Diffs Posted - Posts 545 and 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
IMO no one consciously chooses not to send to both managers. It's probably just an honest mistake, so I think the right thing to do would be to give a warning, and then if it happens again in the same tournament disqualify that player. This is just a game, such strict rules ruin the fun of it.
I agree with this, but I guess if anybody wants this they'd have to raise it during the off-season.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #618
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I understad, I'm out by a rule it's not written It was the thing I really didnt want to read

I'm not saying it's your fault, adey. I said it was my mistake, I was discuting the "penalty", too hard and not written

lets end this to make cvezda a bit happier

TT Code of conduct

2.19 The manager will be courteous and considerate at all times, even when provoked.

2.21 Despite the shortage of managers, a manager who fails to adhere to the code may be warned and if necessary removed by the TT Board

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #619
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

I said it in my first complaining.. maybe a warning, not the worst penalty. It's not written

Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #620
country flag JeffCandoi

Quote:
congrats by this point of view

Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #621
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Completely agree here!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #622
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But we had this discussion most of last year of players not sending correctly. Again I believe that Jeff and Brazil didn't mean to not send to both and it was an honest mistake. I still have their records of the 2012 US Open picks and they sent to both managers every time. But that's the same honest mistake as I didn't mean to send at 12:01.

For 2013 the board has decided to stamp down. It has to start somewhere. Too often players were sending to the OOP-creator and not the manager. And in the grand slams to the wrong manager of the two. Then when the deadline comes and people want differences (diffs?) the manager needs to replace a player because the OOP-creator is asleep and has no responsibility to check his imbox. Sometimes the manager has to reconfigure the draw because of the new rule of the highest-seed getting the back. What's worse then a LL who thought he was in the tournament but then get kicked out again because someones picks were found hours later. All that work has to be undone and the manager spends the rest of his day doing it. From my personal experiences, in the 2012 Us Open orangehat and I sent countless PMs "hey buddy, do you have xxxxx picks, how bout xxxxx, i'm missing about 10 guys.".

The Australian Open was the warning. AdeyC and ESimp asked players to send to both and would send out warning messages for those who didn't. The 1st round of the AO was such a disaster of players sending picks incorrectly all over the place it became famously known as the '8-hour Australian Open Disaster". We do not want any managers to go through that again. Adrian finally got fed up and actually didn't take andyroddlicks doubles finals picks, although in the end it didn't matter, they still won.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)

Last edited by justafanYYC : 03-07-2013 at 09:38 PM.
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #623
country flag JeffCandoi

so there's a rule something like "The players who send picks only for double's managers will be automatically disqualified in the singles tournament". right?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #624
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

It happened to me last week, sent to my doubles partner, but not to the manager. It was MY mistake,I went out of the tournament and I guarantee you one thing: I wont forget to check who I send the picks to before sending them from now on.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #625
country flag stbanchile

stbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond reputestbanchile has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know why I bet Zverev.. Stupid mistake
stbanchile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #626
country flag Crvena Zvezda
Banned!

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbanchile View Post
I dont know why I bet Zverev.. Stupid mistake
The same here !

Overrated him with his two wins over a tired Vasselin and a jet-laged Stakhovsky.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #627
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCandoi View Post
so there's a rule something like "The players who send picks only for double's managers will be automatically disqualified in the singles tournament". right?
No, the rule is you have to send to the manager.
In singles, the manager is AdeyC.
In doubles, the manager is justafanYYC.

Did you send to the manager? Answer = No.

The End
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #628
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Because say I got run over by a bus this morning, there would be the other manager who would have the picks.
And I'm not saying sending to both managers is wrong,on the contrary,but I think you have to bare in mind that there are people who don't read all the stuff in the OOP post,or don't understand English well,and imo if the other manager got the picks,and he forwards it to you in reasonable amount of time after the matches have started those picks could be counted.I know how much job you guys have,I've managed some smaller events and tournaments like this are twice as hard,but simply I think people should be allowed to play even if they were a bit reckless and didn't do exactly as it's written in the OOP post.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #629
country flag JeffCandoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
No, the rule is you have to send to the manager.
In singles, the manager is AdeyC.
In doubles, the manager is justafanYYC.

Did you send to the manager? Answer = No.

The End
So you are the guy with specials power to says the end? Answer = No.

Read the rule again and get back here, it's not specified.. and no mentions about disqualification

Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #630
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
And I'm not saying sending to both managers is wrong,on the contrary,but I think you have to bare in mind that there are people who don't read all the stuff in the OOP post,or don't understand English well,and imo if the other manager got the picks,and he forwards it to you in reasonable amount of time after the matches have started those picks could be counted.I know how much job you guys have,I've managed some smaller events and tournaments like this are twice as hard,but simply I think people should be allowed to play even if they were a bit reckless and didn't do exactly as it's written in the OOP post.
Peter basically says it all in a nutshell, in the doubles final of the Aussie Open it was decided not to accept the picks of one player (although I was the singles manager there, not the doubles manager it had my support). The issue arose then and I raised the matter with and cleared it with the rest of the Board.

He's been playing the game a lot longer than me, 2007 by his signature. It's now 4.25 hours since the deadline - I do not have the picks in my inbox. Do you think it right that when/if I get them that appleGirl is booted out of the draw?????????

This is the reason that we decided to make it a concrete rule - there's not really any need for the last 3 pages of discussions here.

Well I didn't die - but I did go to a better place. I refused V/S's offer of assistance with advancement in TF if I'd come back to manage TT in MTF and left MTF instead. It did wonders for my TT as I'm now ranked No 1 there

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote