Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Congrats to Crvena Zvezda & Crvena Zvezda/molosztash - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #601
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Thursday Diffs Posted - Posts 545 and 546

cograts Crvena Zvezda for picking Lorenzi, I feel like I was 1 up in MY singles match

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #602
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Thursday Diffs Posted - Posts 545 and 546

and the rule is not posted yet

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #603
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Well, but if you start with something new, like kicking out players that don't send to both managers, than you should mention that clearly.
What would happen if in the next tournament the first player with an error in his picks is not accepted and replaced by a LL. You know that that would not be right without any warning!
I didn't think this was a first. I know that Adey didn't accept some doubles picks in the Australian Open and there were some cases in challengers where players sent to the OOP-creator and not the manager and they lost their place as well.

We cannot write a blanket statement that you MUST send to both managers. If you're in singles you can send just to singles managers and if you are doubles you can just send to doubles managers. We just prefer that people send to both, it makes it easier.

Jeff and Brazil didn't get replaced because they didn't send to both managers, they were in singles but didn't send to singles manager.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #604
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What is the purpose behind that stupid rule that says you cannot make separate picks for doubles?

As the newly crowned board member I need to know the details.

Or do we have some secret place to discuss that?

The difference is about 400 PMs in my inbox!

Championships:
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #605
country flag JeffCandoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I didn't think this was a first. I know that Adey didn't accept some doubles picks in the Australian Open and there were some cases in challengers where players sent to the OOP-creator and not the manager and they lost their place as well.

We cannot write a blanket statement that you MUST send to both managers. If you're in singles you can send just to singles managers and if you are doubles you can just send to doubles managers. We just prefer that people send to both, it makes it easier.

Jeff and Brazil didn't get replaced because they didn't send to both managers, they were in singles but didn't send to singles manager.

man, if you want make this clear.. post the rule, not for me, but to make clear for everyone. All players need to know things are going correctly

Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #606
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jarkko. First singles win for me since San Jose.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #607
country flag justafanYYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCandoi View Post
man, if you want make this clear.. post the rule, not for me, but to make clear for everyone. All players need to know things are going correctly
"Send to BOTH AdeyC and justafanYYC"

Is that not clear? 126 out of 128 in singles got it right and most of them didn't play qualifying either.
There were also clear instructions for certain players to ONLY send to one of the managers due to conflict, would you have messed that up to?

Championships:
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #608
country flag JeffCandoi

Quote:

Is that not clear? 126 out of 128 in singles got it right and most of them didn't play qualifying either.
There were also clear instructions for certain players to ONLY send to one of the manangers, would you have messed that up to?

really, this? It's not a rule of the game. You cant create this things. The rules I have posted say we have to send for the managers, but no especifically in case we have two managers

If so, I want back my place in the main draw

Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #609
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #610
country flag justafanYYC

It is absolutely the rule of the game.

Championships:
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #611
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Tytta!

Sorry

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #612
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really understand the fuzz about this?

For GS and other 2 weeks during events, or events that has 2 managers the rule has been here for what now; 1 or 2 years?
In every Slam it's the same; you send the picks to both single and doubles managers. Besides it was right in the OOP post.

People criticizing the board should respect the managers/board members a bit more. They put in a lot of free time to make the TT system work.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #613
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

This page delivers

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #614
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There were also clear instructions for certain players to ONLY send to one of the managers due to conflict, would you have messed that up to?
Peter stop playing his game.

Everybody knows there is no written rule BUT Managers post oop in which they can ask for special things such as :
- send to another person
- send before a special deadline because I have duties
- send to BOTH managers

This is a special power given to managers as long as IT IS WRITTEN AND EVERYONE CAN READ IT.

Hopefully it allows managers to have a real life.

So I think END OF DISCUSSION because it can take hours.

My name is the Djoker and I sign with a smile. Get me some water, I’ll be here a while.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #615
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame you didn't spend this much time reading the OOP.

The fact is I still don't have picks from you in my inbox because you did not send to the Singles Manager, that's nobody's fault but your own for not reading the OOP correctly - its not my fault, Peter's fault, Martin's fault, the Board's fault, but yours.