Who's Going? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
country flag Honzicekkk

Honzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

Guys, I'm looking for an advice since you're discussing tickets. I want to go to qualies on friday with three other friends, does the tickets need to be with their names as well? I mean can I buy 4 tickets on-line via my account on http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/uk and just give it to them before we enter the venue? thanks...
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainalkar View Post
I may be wrong, but based on what I have heard, names are checked when entering the grounds, not the courts themselves. So, once you're inside, you should be able to exchange with someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom View Post
Go inside and trade with other spectators. Usually if you wanna see a match on Chatrier and for instance Nadal is on the Lenglen, it is easy to find spanish to exchange your ticket
Thank you, you are right, a friend from the forum has just explained this to me.
That's really cool, I was stressed out at the idea of being left with the "wrong" tickets.

Quote:
Based on what I see on viagogo now, tickets can still be found for sale price, but sometimes some wannabes post them for insane prices. I doubt they get sold though.
I think they do get sold... But I've seen several people who sold tickets at face value, and even others who seemed to sell them at a lower price (then when you add the viagogo commission, it's still more expensive, but not that much). Needless to say, they are bought in a matter of minutes.
But I saw several Lenglen tickets, Category 1, very well located, being sold at a very decent price yesterday and today. So don't buy awfully over-priced tickets just yet, the offer/demand ratio is not that bad for the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzicekkk View Post
Guys, I'm looking for an advice since you're discussing tickets. I want to go to qualies on friday with three other friends, does the tickets need to be with their names as well? I mean can I buy 4 tickets on-line via my account on http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/uk and just give it to them before we enter the venue? thanks...
Well, I'll tell you what I understood: you buy tickets from the Internet, and I believe they are electronic tickets, right? So if you know the names of the friends coming with you, it's not a problem that you have bought all the tickets for them, you need to go through the electronic procedure of attributing the tickets, and then you'll have tickets with their names of them.

Regarding the 3pm and 5pm option, this is what I understood from the main website: they are very interesting options for people who cannot afford day tickets, or are not able to be there early.
-Post 3PM tickets: you buy them on the Internet the day before, for 15 euros only, and they give you access to the smaller courts from 3PM.
-Post 5PM tickets: these are a bit more complicated, they're called "Les Visiteurs du Soir" (evening visitors). You buy a pass for 12 euros on the Internet the day before, and the pass gives you the right to queue from 3PM, and then maybe buy a ticket for one of the main courts (you have to pay extra, and it depends on how many seats are available - in other words, how many have been left vacant during the day). You can also choose not to pay extra and just see the smaller courts.

It's a bit complicated but I think I got this right. Apparently the people who have tried the evening passes were quite pleased with the experience.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
country flag Rainalkar

Rainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regarding the 3pm and 5pm option, this is what I understood from the main website: they are very interesting options for people who cannot afford day tickets, or are not able to be there early.
-Post 3PM tickets: you buy them on the Internet the day before, for 15 euros only, and they give you access to the smaller courts from 3PM.
-Post 5PM tickets: these are a bit more complicated, they're called "Les Visiteurs du Soir" (evening visitors). You buy a pass for 12 euros on the Internet the day before, and the pass gives you the right to queue from 3PM, and then maybe buy a ticket for one of the main courts (you have to pay extra, and it depends on how many seats are available - in other words, how many have been left vacant during the day). You can also choose not to pay extra and just see the smaller courts.

It's a bit complicated but I think I got this right. Apparently the people who have tried the evening passes were quite pleased with the experience.
Do you know approx. how much the prices could be for 5p tickets for show courts? Probably significantly less compared to normal pricing? And do these tickets get sold really fast as well online?

Is there a place near the Grounds where one can buy food etc. to eat during the day? I heard the prices inside are rather steep. Some big mall or something?

Did anyone hear about this:
http://in.news.yahoo.com/video/other...-25308800.html
Is it real? And if yes, where is it?

Is there free wifi in RG?

Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by Rainalkar : 05-21-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Rainalkar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
country flag Honzicekkk

Honzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering, I'd like to go on friday's qualies and don't want to purchase tickets online, they advise that I can buy tickets at gate S or L "First come, first served" -what exactly does it mean? I mean could tickets for qualies be sold-out? It's kinda stupid question but I want to reassure myself that I'd get in... Thanks for info
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
country flag Rainalkar

Rainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond reputeRainalkar has a reputation beyond repute

I just managed to buy my first ticket:

Friday, 3rd round, Court 1, Tri O1 Esc 2 Cat2, Row 2

for 43€ + 15€ for shipping/handling etc.

I still cannot see my exact seat's number: I suppose I will get it when the ticket ships? What do you think of these seats and the price for it? I looked it up here:
http://cdn.fft.fr/index_VisiteVirtuelle.html
and it looks pretty good. Hopefully, the umpire's chair won't be a problem?

Advice by anyone who has attended is most welcome.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #21
country flag Soliloque

Soliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond repute

You can see your exact seat number once you attribute a name to your ticket on the official site.

Career Grand Slam - 64 titles - Olympic Gold Medalist - World Number One - Record 27 Masters 1000 Wins - 4 Davis Cups

Record of 9 Slams in a Single Slam - 10 consecutive years winning Slams - First Player to win 3 Slams on 3 different surfaces the same year
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #22
country flag Rainalkar

Found it. Seat 38. Thank you. And for the other things?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you know approx. how much the prices could be for 5p tickets for show courts? Probably significantly less compared to normal pricing? And do these tickets get sold really fast as well online?
It is not that expensive, but depends on the court and the category.
I found this which shows an example of the prices for last year. The most expensive is 40 euros, so that's definitely cheaper than the day tickets (as it should be!)
http://www.linternaute.com/sport/ten...d-garros.shtml

However, they also say the queue opens at 3pm. So I guess if you want to have a good ticket for one of the main courts, you must be prepared to wait a LONG time...

And it's only available during the first week of the main tournament.

Quote:
Is there a place near the Grounds where one can buy food etc. to eat during the day? I heard the prices inside are rather steep. Some big mall or something?
Yes, there are several places, it's all explained in the visitor's guide.
They have various things, from fancy restaurants (super expensive I expect) to fast-food-style sandwiches, hot dogs and so on.
But I would expect them to be rather more expensive than outside, naturally. I don't know how much, though.

Sorry, no idea about the free WiFi. It may be in the guide, but I haven't read it all yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzicekkk View Post
I was wondering, I'd like to go on friday's qualies and don't want to purchase tickets online, they advise that I can buy tickets at gate S or L "First come, first served" -what exactly does it mean? I mean could tickets for qualies be sold-out? It's kinda stupid question but I want to reassure myself that I'd get in... Thanks for info
Well, first come-first served probably implies that it's going to be sold out... It means you'll have to queue early in order to get tickets.
But I cannot help you any more than this, because I have no idea of the likelihood of the qualies being sold out, nor how quickly the tickets would go.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #24
country flag Rainalkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
It is not that expensive, but depends on the court and the category.
I found this which shows an example of the prices for last year. The most expensive is 40 euros, so that's definitely cheaper than the day tickets (as it should be!)
http://www.linternaute.com/sport/ten...d-garros.shtml

However, they also say the queue opens at 3pm. So I guess if you want to have a good ticket for one of the main courts, you must be prepared to wait a LONG time...

And it's only available during the first week of the main tournament.

Yes, there are several places, it's all explained in the visitor's guide.
They have various things, from fancy restaurants (super expensive I expect) to fast-food-style sandwiches, hot dogs and so on.
But I would expect them to be rather more expensive than outside, naturally. I don't know how much, though.

Sorry, no idea about the free WiFi. It may be in the guide, but I haven't read it all yet.
That is reasonable. I will wait out the draw and decide then. Court1 on friday, saturday and sunday remain.

I've read the whole of the visitor's guide and much more from other sources. Generally, people comment the prices inside as exaggeratedly overpriced. I head of something called "Carrefour", which should be a large shopping mall near the RG. I thought of supplying myself there in the morning. Did you hear of it?

Free Wifi is not mentioned in the guide. There is a free wifi hotspot a bit to the east, but I doubt it reaches the grounds themselves.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #25
country flag Soliloque

Soliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond repute

The Carrefour supermarket is really close to the stadium but it's kinda overcrowded during RG. I guess it's still fine in the morning though. It's located just before the Périphérique (Paris ring road) at the beginning of Boulevard d'Auteuil (it's a discreet supermarket, half buried and topped with greenery). The stadium is in the same street but after the Périphérique (coming from Paris center).

Career Grand Slam - 64 titles - Olympic Gold Medalist - World Number One - Record 27 Masters 1000 Wins - 4 Davis Cups

Record of 9 Slams in a Single Slam - 10 consecutive years winning Slams - First Player to win 3 Slams on 3 different surfaces the same year
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #26
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute

Subway 9 station Michel ange auteuil. You take rue d auteuil and you have a shop called G20. It s here I used to do my grocery shop. Prices are ok and after it a really close to roland garros. In the same street, still in direction to RG, you have also two bakeries! Good one btw! Enjoy

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
country flag Sophitia36

I checked the website about food, and indeed, it is ridiculously overpriced.

I'll also try to get some food outside the grounds before coming, it's really not worth it. Even hot dogs cost like 5 euros.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #28
country flag SRM

SRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, the 'refreshments' at Roland Garros are appalling. I mean, the food and drink at Wimbledon is really pricey but at least it's good quality! I always bring in something from outside the grounds to eat but the good thing is there are plenty of taps around the ground so you can fill up your water-bottle, rather than fork out the best part of five euros for a bottle each time.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
country flag Rainalkar

I plan to check Carrefour like around 8-9 in the morning. What is it exactly? Just a supermarket?

And I will check the G20 as well. This is just before Port d'Auteuil station?

You are all so very helpful. Thanks a lot
Old 05-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #30
country flag Rainalkar

Given that we now know that Federer and Ferrer are due to play 1st round on Sunday, is it possible to guess on which day are they due to play their third and forth round matches?