2013 MTF Top 10 Favourite Active Players (Federer wins for 8th consecutive year) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 MTF Top 10 Favourite Active Players Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Hope fed doesn't win this year.
Yeah...when pigs fly mate.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Yeah...when pigs fly mate.
What a shame.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

1-Juan Martin del Potro

Been following him since he first started on tour and only like him more the more I see of him. His power game is awesome and so is his attitude and the way he got himself back to the top after enduring a major surgery. His forehand is my favorite shot in tennis.

2-Jo Wilfried Tsonga

The best ticket in tennis, there's never a dull moment with Jo. He's by far the most attacking/bold top player today, even in this slow court era, always gives the crowd their money's worth. He's also one of the nicest guys on tour.

3-Kei Nishikori

Love his game and the way he is offensive and proactive despite his stature and power limitations. His backhand is one of the most beautiful shots in tennis, especially down the line. Horrible injuries have derailed him over and over, but he keeps fighting to finally fulfill his potential.

4-Tomas Berdych

His effortless power game is great to watch. He might be inconsistent and frustrating at times, but when at his best he's one of the best players to watch and one of the most devastating.

5-Gael Monfils

He might be a poor competitor, but he's the best entertainer out there for sure. If you can accept that Gael is not likely to ever have the result his talent warrants because he's more of an entertainer than a competitor, watching him is just an amazing experience.

6-Marin Cilic

Been impressed with him ever since he broke through; unlike most tall players, he has a pretty good return of serve and moves amazingly well, even if he might lack power compared to other players his size. He's not the strongest mentally to say the least, but still a great player to follow and one who should have a long stay in the top 10 at least in the years to come.

7-David Nalbandian

Is there anything better in tennis than watching Nalbandian at his best? Amazing talent. That backhand is arguably the most beautiful shot in tennis.

8-Robin Soderling

The benchmark for all-out attacking big hitting, the tour sorely misses his presence.

9-Novak Djokovic

First match I ever watched live was Djokovic vs Gasquet in Estoril 2007 and Novak was the first tennis player to ever give me an autograph, liked him ever since and I'm glad he rose to #1. I don't like his game as much as in the early years, but can't help root for him.

10-Nikolay Davydenko

Like Nalbandian, he's amazing to watch at his best, probably takes the ball earlier than any other player in history and generates insane angles.

Admittedly, the order of the first six was a bit based on 2012's final standings, giving more points to those among the 6 who have a shot of top 3, I love all 6

Quote:
Not happening. The only question is who will be second, last year the race between Delpo and Novak was incredible, JMDP won by two points.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-Juan Martin del Potro

Been following him since he first started on tour and only like him more the more I see of him. His power game is awesome and so is his attitude and the way he got himself back to the top after enduring a major surgery. His forehand is my favorite shot in tennis.

2-Jo Wilfried Tsonga

The best ticket in tennis, there's never a dull moment with Jo. He's by far the most attacking/bold top player today, even in this slow court era, always gives the crowd their money's worth. He's also one of the nicest guys on tour.

3-Kei Nishikori

Love his game and the way he is offensive and proactive despite his stature and power limitations. His backhand is one of the most beautiful shots in tennis, especially down the line. Horrible injuries have derailed him over and over, but he keeps fighting to finally fulfill his potential.

4-Tomas Berdych

His effortless power game is great to watch. He might be inconsistent and frustrating at times, but when at his best he's one of the best players to watch and one of the most devastating.

5-Gael Monfils

He might be a poor competitor, but he's the best entertainer out there for sure. If you can accept that Gael is not likely to ever have the result his talent warrants because he's more of an entertainer than a competitor, watching him is just an amazing experience.

6-Marin Cilic

Been impressed with him ever since he broke through; unlike most tall players, he has a pretty good return of serve and moves amazingly well, even if he might lack power compared to other players his size. He's not the strongest mentally to say the least, but still a great player to follow and one who should have a long stay in the top 10 at least in the years to come.

7-David Nalbandian

Is there anything better in tennis than watching Nalbandian at his best? Amazing talent. That backhand is arguably the most beautiful shot in tennis.

8-Robin Soderling

The benchmark for all-out attacking big hitting, the tour sorely misses his presence.

9-Novak Djokovic

First match I ever watched live was Djokovic vs Gasquet in Estoril 2007 and Novak was the first tennis player to ever give me an autograph, liked him ever since and I'm glad he rose to #1. I don't like his game as much as in the early years, but can't help root for him.

10-Nikolay Davydenko

Like Nalbandian, he's amazing to watch at his best, probably takes the ball earlier than any other player in history and generates insane angles.

Admittedly, the order of the first six was a bit based on 2012's final standings, giving more points to those among the 6 who have a shot of top 3, I love all 6

Not happening. The only question is who will be second, last year the race between Delpo and Novak was incredible, JMDP won by two points.
Great list man ! I approve !

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

1. Andy Murray
2. Roger Federer
3. David Ferrer
4. Albert Montanes
5. Nicolas Almagro
6. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
7. Andreas Seppi
8. Kei Nishikori

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

01. Flavio Cipolla
02. Jérémy Chardy
03. Edouard Roger-Vasselin
04. Marco Chiudinelli
05. Ruben Bemelmans
06. Marcel Granollers
07. Victor Crivoi
08. Benoît Paire
09. Adrian Menendez-Maceiras
10. Liam Broady

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #22
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Gasquet
3. Raonic
4. Murray
5. Hewitt
6. Davydenko
7. Wawrinka
8. Haaas
9. Berdych
10. Llodra
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

1) Federer
2) Ferrer
3) Hewitt
4) Tomic
5) Berdych
6) Djokovic
7) Haas
8) Nalbandian
9) Kohli
10) Llodra

I want to stick Robin in but he's been away so long
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
country flag stanch

stanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond repute

1. Novak Đoković
2. Kei Nishikori
3. Janko Tipsarević
4. David Nalbandian
5. Benoît Paire
6. Miloš Raonić
7. Tomáš Berdych
8. Michaël Llodra
9. Andreas Seppi
10. Grigor Dimitrov
stanch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #25
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite player is the reigning US open champion.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #26
country flag samo7266

samo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond repute

1.) Federer: Everything about his game seems effortless and beautiful. I'm a huge fan of him as a player and person and love the variety on his one-handed backhand.
2.) James Blake: My favorite American Player ever. Huge forehand, great story, very classy guy.
3.) Stan Wawrinka: The “other” Swiss player. I really like his game. The match at the AO against Djokovic….I’ve never seen a one handed backhand hit better for a full match.
4.) Juan Martin Del-Potro: Posesses the biggest forehand on tour when healthy, and one of the kindest, most affable players on Tour.
5.) Jo-Wilfred Tsonga- Incredibly Entertaining and Fun. Dynamic player who can hit winners from anywhere. Top-class attitude on court.
6.) Gael Monfils- Definition of a showman. Incredibly fun to watch. You have to stop caring if he wins and just watch him play.
7.) Marcos Baghdatis- Very emotional entertaining player. I really enjoy watching him play
8.) Grigor Dmitrov- The next generation. Love one-handed backhands and hope he is able to perfect it and move to the top.
9.) Jack Sock: My favorite young American player. Big serve and forehand. Seems to have a good attitude as well.
10.) Mardy Fish: I enjoy the way he gets to the net and has a great feel to his game when its on.
Honorable Mentions (In this Order): Haas, Nalbandian, Tomic, Djokovic

Last edited by samo7266 : 02-19-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: removed a player
samo7266 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

1. Andreas Seppi
2. Lleyton Hewitt
3. Roger Federer
4. Juan Martin Del Potro
5. Simone Bolelli
6. Fabio Fognini
7. David Nalbandian
8. Nicolas Almagro
9. Fernando Verdasco
10. Santiago Giraldo
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #28
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't care if Roger wins here, as long as Novak wins on court.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #29
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

1. Roger Federer

2. Juan Martin Del Potro
3. Thomas Schoorel
4. Igor Sijsling
5. Tommy Haas
6. Richard Gasquet
7. Philip Kohlschreiber
8. Grigor Dimitrov
9. Stanislas Wawrinka
10. Mikael Youzhny
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

1. Andy Murray
2. Robin Soderling
3. Jack Sock
4. Richard Gasquet
5. Tomas Berdych
6. Bernard Tomic
7. Juan Martin Del Potro
8. Lleyton Hewitt
9. Kei Nishikori
10. ?
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote