♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #241
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
Roger will play better !!

Sure, I will!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #242
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's not the truth but something into me tells me it could be.
Here you are what I red on Thumblr

Quote:
Federer Back Pain Rumours....

There are rumours (from qualified sources) suggesting that in both the quarter finals (Tsonga 5 sets) and semi finals (Andy Murray 5 sets) of the Australian Open, Roger was playing through quite a bit of back pain and discomfort related to that.

Additionally, he did not practice much at all over the break with his first full on practice being the Sunday prior to the Rotterdam event.

Apparently, the back trouble followed Roger through the Rotterdam event and may have played a role in his surprising quarter final exit in two sets to Julien Benneteau.
When Roger played Benneteau I saw him touching his back but as if he was being scratching. I don稚 know why but I noticed it and I thought the worst (It came like a flash to my inside) but I told to me - nothing, don稚 worry - he痴 human as well and he has just a little itchy.
But the strange to me was he touched himself in the same place.

I don't know what to think if it could be only a rumour or the truth but it's strange Roger has been not serving since the us open and his serve is too slow for his speeds that are even not the highest but hi's managed to vary the serve and now it goes out.

From other point of view when he practice he appears to be relaxed and he's smiling.
If you feel not well you're not so smiling.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #243
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I hope it's not the truth but something into me tells me it could be.
Here you are what I red on Thumblr

When Roger played Benneteau I saw him touching his back but as if he was being scratching. I don稚 know why but I noticed it and I thought the worst (It came like a flash to my inside) but I told to me - nothing, don稚 worry - he痴 human as well and he has just a little itchy.
But the strange to me was he touched himself in the same place.

I don't know what to think if it could be only a rumour or the truth but it's strange Roger has been not serving since the us open and his serve is too slow for his speeds that are even not the highest but hi's managed to vary the serve and now it goes out.

From other point of view when he practice he appears to be relaxed and he's smiling.
If you feel not well you're not so smiling.
Roger's serve was horrible in Rotterdam and it may very well have to do with the back. The problem is I don't think much more can be done to improve its condition. Roger had only played 6 matches and had a 2 week break after the AO. It's not like he overplayed or had little time before Rotterdam. He has also probably done all the muscle strengthening possible to his back to try and diminish the effects.

I think with age Roger's back is acting up more and more. He'll just have to accept that there are bad days. The problem is that if the rumours are true he has been having trouble with his back for several weeks now and that's worrying.

Do you know what's exactly the problem with Roger's back?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #244
country flag mlrf11

mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know nothing - I only red what I quoted.
I repeat - I hope they're only rumours but it could be possible he served badly at the end of the year because he was tired physically and mentally, but it's continuing and this is exactly what make me feel worried. Maybe his decision to play few tournaments is due to something like this.

I though hope there's a positive solution soon. Maybe some more rest maybe he needs some long treatments and he is doing the minimal to stay in the tour and make recover the back before feeling it totally healed and before going to push at 100% or maybe something we don't know which, maybe he's only a little bit tired mentally after winning Wimbledon and he needs to recharge himself, and unfortunately to get the power and the fire back he "needs" some defeats, so he can feel motivated as much as possible to do his best. I hope the 2ond one.

We can only suppose, so let's the time to speak, but of course it's not easy (the 1st am I) to stop the mind suppose.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #245
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again *♕ - R2 RF d.De Bakker QF - Bennetteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
wasn't able to watch this match, but tomorrow I will be at the stadium!.. Oh wait...

No Tsonga also. at least I get to see Delpo and Dimitrov, both never seen live before!
Well, hopefully you enjoyed that match.

Sorry that you had tickets for a day when Roger was already out of the tournament.

I was already worried about Benneteau when the draw came out as we all have seen how dangerous he can be in a match against Roger.

I have seen many matches of Roger live at a tournament but never such a performance as in this QF.

Nothing was working for him and at some point I really thought it would be a real beat-down for him.

He showed emotions when he got the break back in the 2nd set and there was a glimpse of hope when he had breakpoints to go ahead 6:5 but even at that time I was convinced that Roger would lose a 3rd set with the way how he played.

In our block was sitting a lady who was cheering loud for Julien - well, in the final yesterday we saw why She only wanted to have Roger out of the way for Del Po.

I have seen Roger losing when I was at tournaments but never that early. It was really weird the next days not to have him around...

We were waiting with some fans for Roger after the match and were even allowed by a security guard not to wait in the cold for him.

When Julien came out we applauded him for the win.

It got really late until Roger finally appeared and some fans had left meanwhile.

Roger signed stuff and some fans got a picture with him.

In the end he hugged 2 fans to comfort them.

Some fans got to talk to Severin who said that we can't expect Roger to win every match anymore and that there are just players who are a bad match-up.

I have also heard people mentioning that Roger didn't got to practice since the Australian Open but I haven't read anything official about it yet.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #246
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's remember what we felt after Wimbledon: everything else is now gravy. Do we really care whether Roger wins Rotterdam again? I hope his back allows him to play decent tennis again and then great things can happen, as we've seen.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #247
country flag mlrf11

To be honest I don't care so much of winning or not Rotterdam or Dubai as the impotance of the tournaments but I care if his serve works or how he's moving especially the capacity of making his game on fast indoor surfaces which are his favourites.

Now... I wrote the rest up so let's see how things go in the next weeks.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #248
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

1. Clearly Fed hadn't worked properly before Rotterdam, I don't know why but it was visible in his game ;

2. A loss to a player ranked outside the top-20 is painful because it takes us back to painful moments in the period between the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2011, we had actually been very lucky not to live losses to players ranked outside top-10 since then (except a loss to Roddick in Fed's worst tournament in Miami, and to Haas but it was in the final, also Isner in Davis cup was just outside top-10).

3. I don't care about Rotterdam in itself, but I care about Fed staying in the top-4, and the overall situation doesn't look very comforting at the moment : Fed has been very average for several months and some other players are pushing and can really get dangerous in several months.

I don't know the reasons for how he's played recently, but anyway he will now need to play better on surfaces which are less suitable for him, and more players are now bad match-ups (I fear Bellucci as well for instance), and the draws on clay can be bad with Nadal as the number 5-seed and Fed probably as the number-3 seed (and Fed has been used to getting unlucky with the draws in the last years, as if the ATP wanted him to play "memorable matches").

Surely a few more points in Rotterdam (a final as I think it was impossible to beat Del Po in his current form, except if Fed had been in great form) could have helped.

Last edited by duong : 02-19-2013 at 12:57 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #249
country flag mlrf11

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I care about Fed staying in the top-4,
Yes, this is exactly my thought - if he has some problem which can pass away the important is to stay in top 4, maybe in few points and hoping Nadal enteres there as well because having him as #5 could mean play Rafa, Nole and Murray

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #250
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
1. Clearly Fed hadn't worked properly before Rotterdam, I don't know why but it was visible in his game ;

2. A loss to a player ranked outside the top-20 is painful because it takes us back to painful moments in the period between the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2011, we had actually been very lucky not to live losses to players ranked outside top-10 since then (except a loss to Roddick in Fed's worst tournament in Miami, and to Haas but it was in the final, also Isner in Davis cup was just outside top-10).

3. I don't care about Rotterdam in itself, but I care about Fed staying in the top-4, and the overall situation doesn't look very comforting at the moment : Fed has been very average for several months and some other players are pushing and can really get dangerous in several months.

I don't know the reasons for how he's played recently, but anyway he will now need to play better on surfaces which are less suitable for him, and more players are now bad match-ups (I fear Bellucci as well for instance), and the draws on clay can be bad with Nadal as the number 5-seed and Fed probably as the number-3 seed (and Fed has been used to getting unlucky with the draws in the last years, as if the ATP wanted him to play "memorable matches").

Surely a few more points in Rotterdam (a final as I think it was impossible to beat Del Po in his current form, except if Fed had been in great form) could have helped.
Quote:
Yes, this is exactly my thought - if he has some problem which can pass away the important is to stay in top 4, maybe in few points and hoping Nadal enteres there as well because having him as #5 could mean play Rafa, Nole and Murray
I think we may be overreacting a little bit. Roger will probably fall down to 3rd place before RG because murray has much less to defend comparing to Roger.

But who is going to take Roger out of 3rd place? the only answer is nadal I think. And even then, nadal has not been convincing.

I think Roger is guaranteed to stay in the top 3 for a while.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #251
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
I think we may be overreacting a little bit. Roger will probably fall down to 3rd place before RG because murray has much less to defend comparing to Roger.

But who is going to take Roger out of 3rd place? the only answer is nadal I think. And even then, nadal has not been convincing.

I think Roger is guaranteed to stay in the top 3 for a while.
There's Nadal, but there's also Ferrer (he's 225 points ahead of Federer in the provisional rankings after Wimbledon and from now to Wimbledon, a big part of what is going to be played will be on clay, and Ferrer will be in Miami and Monte-Carlo contrary to Federer), Del Potro (who was playing great last week), Berdych ...

it's not because it has not happened before that it can't happen this year.
And the draws can get very tricky in next months.

Fed will have to play well, and considering he has been bad in the best conditions/surfaces for him in recent months, that's on surfaces which are less good for him that he will have to defend his position now. Even Wimbledon is not a given : he was very very near from losing to Falla there in 2010.

I don't say that it's a given that he will drop out of top-4, but I say that he will have to play well, presumably better than in last months, and he's already had in his carreer periods where he didn't play well for long (notably the first part of 2010).
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #252
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be honest I don't care so much of winning or not Rotterdam or Dubai as the impotance of the tournaments but I care if his serve works or how he's moving especially the capacity of making his game on fast indoor surfaces which are his favourites.
Me too - and his FH. My trouble is that, dependent on free-to-air TV in the UK, I get to see so little of any of the players that it's very difficult for me to judge how they're playing relative to their usual level.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote