If Federer had to win one more slam... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which slam?

AO 0 0%
Roland Garros 2 25.00%
Wimbledon 4 50.00%
USO 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute
Default If Federer had to win one more slam...

And only one. Which one would you choose?

AO? Clearly no.

It's a toss up with the remaining three.

Another FO would be nice but i would prefer another Wimbly or USO.

If he wins Wimbly, he would become the most succefull player ever there and he would be the first to win 8 TIMES in a particular slam (with probbaly Rafa at RG)

If he wins the USO, he would be the most succefull player in the open era, AND i tink he deserve another after these 2009/2011 fiascos, maybe more than another Wimbly.

Overall, my wishs:

1- USO
2- Wimbly

3- Roland Garros

4- AO
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Federer had to win one more slam...

Wimby
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

I agree another USO would be great but Wimbledon is the ultimate prize.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
country flag GOATERER

GOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
And only one. Which one would you choose?

AO? Clearly no.

It's a toss up with the remaining three.

Another FO would be nice but i would prefer another Wimbly or USO.

If he wins Wimbly, he would become the most succefull player ever there and he would be the first to win 8 TIMES in a particular slam (with probbaly Rafa at RG)

If he wins the USO, he would be the most succefull player in the open era, AND i tink he deserve another after these 2009/2011 fiascos, maybe more than another Wimbly.

Overall, my wishs:

1- USO
2- Wimbly

3- Roland Garros

4- AO
I would swap Wimby and USO for sure, Wimby is most special one without a doubt. The rest is nice but nothing is like getting #8 @ SW19 IMO
GOATERER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

US Open, to get rid of a few bad memories there, because it's the one with most time spent since his last win, and because it's my favorite slam and I like to see Fed play great there. He would also be the only one with 6 titles there in that case, in Wimbledon it wouldn't sound as fair if he won more titles than Sampras imo, but in the US Open it would sound fair imo, esp. because he was so near between 2009 and 2011.

I'm not a fan of the Wimbledon tournament personally to say the truth, and also I don't really like how Fed has played on grass in the last years.

A title in Roland-Garros would also be great in itself of course because it always needs a great and memorable performance for a player with his style to win such a tournament.

1. US Open
2. Roland-Garros
3. Aus open (the arguments for the other 2 but lessened)
4. Wimbledon

Last edited by duong : 02-19-2013 at 01:07 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote