KIWI site updates!!! -- translations & discussion -- - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #46
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI site updates!!! -- translations & discussion --

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
OOOH! my friends and i were totally confused... lol... Thanks for clarifying that

Yeah, I was really confused too lol
That's funny that that means something totally different in German.
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #47
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodFan08
Yeah, I was really confused too lol
That's funny that that means something totally different in German.
my friend was like "what is he doing with his ass"

at least we got it all straightened out!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #48
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my friend was like "what is he doing with his ass"
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #49
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

here is the translation

04.01.2005 : Aces for the Tsunami victims

I just can't get rid of all these images in my mind. Only a few weeks ago I toured with my collegue Paradorn Srichaphan around in his home country Thailand, such a beautiful country, and I enjoyed the hospitality of the people there and I stayed overnight at the hotel Banyan Tree in Phuket. Now everything is destroyed there.

Yet at the same day as all that has happened, I tried to reach Paradorn by SMS but I didn't hear anything from him in return. Meanwhile I have spoken with him and offered him to help where I can. I would like to play an exhibition with him to generate money and to help. We will fix a date together at Melbourne.

Until then, I started another campaign so far: Aces for the tsunami victims. For every ace I hit during my tournaments in Australia -now Adelaide, then Sydney and finally Melbourne, I will donate 100 Dollar. In the match against Sjeng Schalken I hit five aces for 500 Dollar. I would like to raise this value against my next opponet, the Frenchman Cyrial Saulnier - and, of course, I would like to stay in the tournament as long as possible. nächsten Gegner, den Franzosen Cyril Saulnier. Now I have another strong reason to win.

Yours KIWI

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #50
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much neely!!!!!!!!!

i am having an impossible time finding live scoring for Kiwi's match... liek a website. Do you know of any?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:36 AM   #51
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thank you so much neely!!!!!!!!!

i am having an impossible time finding live scoring for Kiwi's match... liek a website. Do you know of any?
No, probably not. At least I don't know any.
People told me that there is no TV broadcast (until semis or final?) and the homepage also doesn't provide any scoreboard.

I think there is zero chance then that we know about the scores before final result is posted somewhere.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 AM   #52
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
No, probably not. At least I don't know any.
People told me that there is no TV broadcast (until semis or final?) and the homepage also doesn't provide any scoreboard.

I think there is zero chance then that we know about the scores before final result is posted somewhere.
I am having a tennis party to watch his numbers change

I think it should be the law that websites need livescoring...
Old 01-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #53
country flag Neely
-

Sure, if somebody with knowledge installed it on the tournament homepages... then they should connect the scoreboards on the courts with the internet... or they should give the chair umpires electronic scoring devices as it's done at some tournaments.

It wouldn't have to be such a detailled scoreboard like at Grand Slams or Masters or a few other tournaments, just the scores and numbers would be enough.

There would be plenty of possibilities, but some tournaments don't have a scoreboard for years and I'm not sure when they finally would like to change this.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 AM   #54
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure, but I think they will broadcast the SF matches here in Australia. If so, I will try to give score game by game

Now, let's hope Kiwi will make it to the SF
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:20 AM   #55
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

The computer must be the first thing he goes to after a match

Quote:
05.01.2005 : Der Rhythmus kommt, das Schnitzel wartet
Erstes Turnier, zweiter Sieg. Gegen Cyril Saulnier, gegen den ich bei den US Open zuletzt gewonnen hatte, ist schon vieles besser gelaufen. Ich habe mich besser bewegt, besser zum Ball gestanden. Und das, obwohl es wieder sehr windig war. Langsam kommt die Form, kommt der Rhythmus, der mir zuletzt fehlte.

Zu meiner Chaity kommen leider nur 100 US Doller hinzu, weil mir nur ein Ass gelang. Aber ich bin weiter im Turnier, kann also weiter sammeln. Sensationell, was ich aus Deutschland hörte: Schumi gibt 10 Mio Dollar. Chapeau!

Übrigens sind wahnsinnig viele deutsche Fans hier. Wußte gar nicht, dass es eine halbe Stunde von Adelaide entfernt ein deutsches Dorf gibt. Wenn ich Zeit habe, werd ich dort mal vorbeischauen und ein schönes Schnitzel essen gehen...

KIWI
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #56
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
The computer must be the first thing he goes to after a match
Neely? Can you translate?

Do you realize I would die without you translating things for us English speakers???
Old 01-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #57
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neely? Can you translate?

Do you realize I would die without you translating things for us English speakers???

Hi all Happy New Year! I'm back online after my Christmas break and happy that Kiwi is doing so well (now if Rainer could get his form back I'd be even happier!)

Anyway, here's the translation (and hats off to Kiwi for his "ace" idea for raising money)

Quote:
5/1/05 The rhythm is coming back, the schnitzel is waiting

First tournament, second win. Against Cyril Saulner, against whom I won in the US Open, things went really well. I was moving better and was better placed playing the ball. This, despite the weather being very windy once again. Slowly my form and the rhythm, which were missing lately, are coming back again.
Alas I was only able to add $100 to my charity fund, because I only hit one ace. But I'm further on in the tournament and so can score more. Sensational news from Germany: Schumi (Michael Schumacher) has donated $10million. Hats off to him!
There is a huge amount of German fans here. I never knew that there is a German village a half-hour away from Adelaide. If I have the time, I will head up there and dine one a nice schnitzel...

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #58
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowgirl
Hi all Happy New Year! I'm back online after my Christmas break and happy that Kiwi is doing so well (now if Rainer could get his form back I'd be even happier!)

Anyway, here's the translation (and hats off to Kiwi for his "ace" idea for raising money)
thank you!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #59
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowgirl

one question. what is Schnitzel?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #60
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Heheh, I kinda thought someone would ask that! A schnitzel is a popular dish in Germany and Austria (also known as a Wiener Schnitzel). It's simply a veal cutlet breaded and fried, usually served with French fries.

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote