KIWI site updates!!! -- translations & discussion -- - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #16
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI site updates!!! -- translations & discussion --

Quote:
21.12.2004 : Weihnachten mit der Familie
Zurück aus Monte Carlo für einige Tage. Weihnachten steht an. Ich werde die Feiertage mit meinen Eltern und meiner Freundin verbringen. Ganz in Ruhe. Hektik kommt schnell genug wieder auf. Schon am 2. Feiertage hebt mein Flieger ab nach Australien. Dann beginnt die neue Saison.

Im Rückblick kann ich zufrieden auf 2004 blicken. Ich habe meine Leistung wieder stabilisiert. Ich danke all jenen, die mir dabei geholfen haben.

Auch allen Fans, deren Treue und Zuspruch mir unheimlich hilft, möchte ich danken. Ich wünsche Euch schöne Weihnachten und einen guten Start ins neue Jahr.

Euer KIWI
21.12.2004: Christmas with family
I'm back from Monte Carlo for a few days. Christmas is up next. I will spend the Christmas days with my parents and with my girlfriend. In peace and without hurry. There will be stress soon enough again. On the 2nd Christmas Day my plane already leave to Australia. That's the start of the new season.

In review, I can be very content about 2004. I managed to stabilize my performances again. I thank everybody who helped me for that.

I would also like to thank all fans, whose faith and encouragement helped me enormously. I wish you a merry Christmas and a good start for the new year.

Yours Kiwi.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Neely
Old 12-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #18
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowgirl
Oh man! I'll give it a go! Let me get started, gimme a while cos this is long!

Mary, have you ever posted on Kiwi's site asking if an English version is being planned? I was thinking of doing so, since I'm working on the translation of Rainer's site, but I don't think I'd have time to do both id I were asked to help out
Obviously I'm not Mary but I spoke to Nicolas in L.A. (in July) about making an English version of his site. He said that as soon as the German one was up and running for awhile then they would do an English version.

My personal opinion? English is his third language (French his second) and the website will take more of his time to write an English entry as well as a German version. I think that he wants to keep this as personally done as possible. I'm sure it takes time out of his rare spare time to post a journal entry so to have to write in two languages might steal more of that time.

A lot of work went into his website. Personally, I'm fine with having to use the babelfish translation. I've gotten used to it
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:02 PM   #19
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted in his message book I think a while back, if he had the time just post a few words in English in his journal entry. He could write a entry in German and then a few words in English. I don't need a whole English site.

However, Neely and Space Cadet offer great translations I'm just grateful that he takes the time to personally update his journal. I just hope he doesn't mind that I write my messages in English on his site
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:47 AM   #20
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
I would also like to thank all fans, whose faith and encouragement helped me enormously. I wish you a merry Christmas and a good start for the new year.
Yours Kiwi.
You're welcome. Glad I saw you three times this past season

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #21

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek

However, Neely and Space Cadet offer great translations I'm just grateful that he takes the time to personally update his journal. I just hope he doesn't mind that I write my messages in English on his site
I highly doubt that he minds messages written in English. I post to his guestbook a couple of times a month. Besides, he doesn't acknowledge just his German-speaking supporters but all his supporters.

I respect him for updating his site as often as he does. He's not obligated to his supporters at any time but especially not the brief off-season.

When July gets here and closer to the Los Angeles tournament I will tell him that I will be there. It was doing just that, that told me that he reads all the entries in his guestbook.

If I could go to IW I would
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 12-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #22
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
27.12.2004 : Trennung
Siebeneinhalb Jahre sind eine lange Zeit. Dann ist es plötzlich vorbei und keiner kann erklären, warum. Inga und ich haben uns über die Weihnachtstage nach einer langen, tollen Beziehung getrennt, uns aber einen weiterhin freundschaftlich, fairen Umgang versprochen. Ich habe ihr vieles zu verdanken.

KIWI
27.12.2004: Break-up
7 and a half years are a long time. Then, suddenly, it's over and nobody can explain why. Inga and me have broken up during Christmas days after a long and great relationship, but we promised each other a continued friendly and fair contact. I owe her a lot.

Kiwi

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 12-27-2004, 02:35 PM   #23
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
27.12.2004: Break-up
7 and a half years are a long time. Then, suddenly, it's over and nobody can explain why. Inga and me have broken up during Christmas days after a long and great relationship, but we promised each other a continued friendly and fair contact. I owe her a lot.

Kiwi
WOW Out of the blue
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:54 PM   #24
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT?????
He was just talking about how excited he was to have her travel with him...... I am in shock..... Wow.......
Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #25
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I'm surprised that he is mentioning this on his site, something so personal. From his tone, it seemed it was her who broke things off.

It must be horrible to go through a breakup during the holidays and knowing right around the corner tennis season is about to begin and having that on your mind.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:08 PM   #26
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, that is just so horrible for them. Poor Nic. And why do I suddenly have a vision of him with a target on his back and every single idiot female groupie type chasing him down all over the tour next year. Those of us here going to tournaments will have to do our best to protect him from the skank squad.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #27
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Oh no, that is just so horrible for them. Poor Nic. And why do I suddenly have a vision of him with a target on his back and every single idiot female groupie type chasing him down all over the tour next year. Those of us here going to tournaments will have to do our best to protect him from the skank squad.

Oh no. You all will have to protect him... Hopefully he doesnt get scared of girls completely before I get to see him in August
Old 12-27-2004, 06:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
That's why it surprises me so much that he revealed this on his website. Unless he trusts his strongest supporters not to go off and act like that. He may not expect the groupies to be checking the website like that.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 01-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #29
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

can those of us who speak english get this translated? i love you guys!!!!

Quote:
03.01.2005 : Gelungener Jahresauftakt
Das war zum Auftakt gleich ein Mega-Programm. Sjeng Schalken, den ich ja auch in meinem letzten Match 2004, beim Finale in St. Anton, bezwungen hatte, hat mir alles abverlangt. Dann noch das Wetter: brutaler Wind, zwei Regenunterbrechungen. Spielbeginn um 21 Uhr Ortszeit, Ende um 0.45 Uhr. Hauptsache gewonnen. Habe gefightet wie ein Tier. Spielerisch hingegen war es nicht so klasse. Da muß ich mich noch besser bewegen. Aber das war mein erstes Pflichtmatch seit 4 Monaten! Nach dem Matchball ist mir ein Stein vom Herzen gefallen.

Jetzt bin ich müde und platt, will nur noch in mein Bett. Habe noch ein paar Gedanken und Ideen, die ich morgen mitteile.

Bis dann Euer KIWI
&

Quote:
03.01.2005 : Danke an Adidas
Mit dem Jahreswechsel hat sich mein Outfit geändert. Nicht etwa, weil ich einem modischen Trend nachgehe, nein, mein Vertrag mit Adidas ist nach 5-jähriger Zusammenarbeit zu Ende gegangen. Es waren sportlich fünf aufregende, höchst unterschiedliche Jahre, in denen ich stets aber eine Konstante hatte: den Ausrüster. Es war eine gute Partnerschaft, für die ich mich bedanke.

KIWI
Old 01-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #30
country flag Neely
-

03.01.2005: Successful kick-off for the new season
That was a difficult task right at the beginning. Sjeng Schalken, whom I defeated in my last 2004 match in the final of St. Anton, made it very difficult for me. And then the weather: strong winds and two rain delays. Play started at 21:00 local time, ended at 0:45. Main thing is that I won. I fighted like an animal. My play wasn't that good, I must move better. But it was my first official match since 4 months. It took a big load off my mind after the match point.
I'm tired and exhausted now, I just want to go to bed. I have a few more thoughts and ideas about that I will let you know tomorrow.

Yours Kiwi

03.01.2005: Thank you, Adidas!
With the new year, my outfit has changed. Not because I'm following a new fashion trend, but because my contract with Adidas has expired after a five year long cooperation. It have been five exciting and very different years, in which I always had one constant: the endorsement.
It was a very good partnership for that I would like to thank.

Kiwi