Janowicz criticizes Federer and Djokovic's attitude - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #76
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Janowicz criticizes Federer and Djokovic's attitude

Jerzy. It must be hard for him. Feeling distant from those two, in ranking list and the tour.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #77
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamray View Post
It's not about his skill at speaking the language, it's about understanding what is appropriate to say and what is not. Just because someone is technically skilled at something doesn't mean they know the best way to use it. That applies to everything including language and tennis.
Well, out of the two of us, you're the one whose mother tongue is English, so I sound silly arguing otherwise. But I doubt many people actually believe that and agree with you. I think Roger knows very well what he is saying. He is a truly intelligent man.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #78
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Something is not right here. The article doesn't seem legitimate at all and no tennis player would 2 neurons would talk about his opponents like that.
Go and watch "how many times" and think again
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #79
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know Jerovic and Ive never seen him play but hes telling the truth about Federer. He acts like hes 3 classes above everyone else (and for a while his tennis actually was). Arrogant, but it don't bother me.

Djokovic has a cool attitude. Yes, he's a show off, but I don't see anything fake about his behaviour. He has explosive emotions (like most serbians).

+1 for Janovic
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #80
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not about his skill at speaking the language, it's about understanding what is appropriate to say and what is not. Just because someone is technically skilled at something doesn't mean they know the best way to use it. That applies to everything including language and tennis.
It's not about the language, it's about the culture, Djokovic is the same. And i don't think he doesn't understand what is right to say and what isn't. If you understand the language you know what is appropriate and what isn't.
dencod16 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #81
country flag Slamray

Slamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Well, out of the two of us, you're the one whose mother tongue is English, so I sound silly arguing otherwise. But I doubt many people actually believe that and agree with you. I think Roger knows very well what he is saying. He is a truly intelligent man.
Hey, I'm not an expert. Just saying it how I see it... like Janowicz I agree that Roger is highly intelligent, and what I said had nothing to do with the level of his intelligence... But we will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't disrespect someone (including you) by saying you are not intelligent enough to debate with me in English. Especially when this isn't even a factual debate, it's all subjective and someone else's opinion

- British Tennis Legend, Andrew Murray
USO 2012 | WIMBLEDON 2013 | OLYMPIC GOLD 2012

Slamray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #82
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who would you rather hang out with Federer or Djokovic? Nuff said.

def not Janyvic monster lookin ass
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #83
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo Jano, that's true.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #84
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
It's not about the language, it's about the culture, Djokovic is the same. And i don't think he doesn't understand what is right to say and what isn't. If you understand the language you know what is appropriate and what isn't.
I really don't understand What you two mean. give an example of a controversial statement that Roger Has made and can be blamed on lack of culture or knowledge on how to use the language?

As for Nole, the stuff he says in English that makes GM implode, my opinion is that he would have said the exact same thing in Serbian.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #85
country flag loopback

loopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond repute

let's see if he has the balls to say it in the face of those whom he's criticizing
loopback is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #86
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously people, what is your problem? First you want players to show some personality and not be media-trained drones and when they actually act like themselves, then they do not have the right to criticize others?! For those who ask who the hell Janowicz is to say this about Fed and Nole, ask yourselves who the hell you are to criticize whatever top player you have bashed in the past (you know who you are). And lest someone say Janowicz has a responsibility towards the other players to be civil: he does not. His statements were made under his own name, not under the guise of an internet persona and unlike the tards here he will have to own up to what he said when Roger and Novak ask him about it. That is worthy of some respect. So despite the fact that I disagree with Jerzy's statements, I fully support his right to make them.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #87
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Janowicz should be known as "The Truth". Faker nick is there for a reason, Federer is full of himself (no harm in that) and Nadal is too stupid to run a fake persona
Laughed IRL. Well played.

Quote:
Hey, I'm not an expert. Just saying it how I see it... like Janowicz I agree that Roger is highly intelligent, and what I said had nothing to do with the level of his intelligence... But we will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't disrespect someone (including you) by saying you are not intelligent enough to debate with me in English. Especially when this isn't even a factual debate, it's all subjective and someone else's opinion
Actually, Federer is well aware he is sounding like he has huge self-confidence, make no mistake. the cultural difference is not that vast. It's just that Roger doesn't care. He says what he says because he DOES believe he's awesome and he likes being honest, not much to it. Besides, it's not like he's going overboard with it, only tards on MTF think Roger is a generelly unpleasant person. He's still very well liked in the locker room.

Djokovic is a show man yes but he's cut down on that a little (at least on court) in the latest years. These days his behavior is fine imo.

As for Nadal, yes he talks a lot of crap about him always being the underdog etc but it is hard to judge exactly which things he is lying about and which things he really does believe in since his childhood messed him up. Incidentally that's the only part of Jerzy's answers that I didn't like. JJ must have forgotten what a sore loser and poor sport Nadal can be. Bet Jerzy would have had another opinion of Rafa if HE was the one who beat him at Wimbly 12.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #88
country flag jaymon112

jaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond reputejaymon112 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Nothing at all in this. It's the classic people want honest answers when asked questions, then crying about the responses cause they don't like them.

Let the overreactions continue.
I agree absolutely,

People rant on here about players being too pretentious and fake, yet this guy gives his honest opinion and everybody is up his ass about it. It's all good until your favourite player gets attacked.

Fucking bullshit.
jaymon112 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #89
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.

Everything he said about Fed and Djokovic personality are fair game. It's an opinion. And I like it. But, the thing about Fed and prize money is just plain wrong, IIRC He sjould get his facts checked.

You know, I'm really liking these kind of attitude from these youngsters.
paseo is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #90
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
You know, I'm really liking these kind of attitude from these youngsters.
It might be more useful for them to show attitude on court rather than off court.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread