Pete & Bridgette Sampras - Wedding Photos & Articles!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 AM   #31
country flag angiel

angiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pete & Bridgette Sampras - Wedding Photos & Articles!!!

Love Match
Bridgette plays a bride on the big screen and in real life with Pete Sampras
By LOUIS B. HOBSON -- Calgary Sun

HOLLYWOOD -- Tennis ace Pete Sampras is one determined player.

On the court and in courtship.

Back in September of 1999, Sampras and some his tennis buddies caught an L.A. screening of the comedy Love Stinks.

Third Rock from the Sun's French Stewart plays a man who is pursued by a beautiful but neurotic woman played by Bridgette Wilson.

Sampras was amused.

He was intrigued.

He was smitten.

"Pete half joked to one of his friends that he'd love to meet me. His friend tracked down a friend of mine and together they set us up for a blind date," recalls the blond beauty who became Bridgette Wilson-Sampras on Sept. 30 last year.

"I agreed to let Pete phone me and talk about the possibility of a date. The first five minutes of that phone call were painful.

"I had no idea who I was talking to. I didn't know he was one of the top-rated tennis players in the world.

"The only thing I really wanted to know was if he was taller than me. The worst dates I've had are with men who are shorter than me. I think it's because we both felt uncomfortable. "

Wilson-Sampras admits she asked her telephone admirer to send her a photo.

"I showed it to a girlfriend and she put me in the picture."

Wilson-Sampras says it was not love at first sight for her or Sampras, but adds, "after a few dates I knew there was something special. In three months I knew Pete was the one."

She later discovered Sampras "had the same feelings at the same time. My sister talked to both of us independently and we pointed to the same day as the one that made us certain we were falling in love."

At the time they began dating, Wilson-Sampras was filming the romantic comedy The Wedding Planner in which she plays Matthew McConaughey's wealthy girlfriend who eventually loses her finance to Jennifer Lopez, the couple's wedding consultant.

Sampras proposed while Bridgette was filming The Wedding Planner. The timing, it turns out was perfect.

"It was a simple, quiet proposal, but it took me completely by surprise. I honestly didn't see it coming.

"I am really glad I made The Wedding Planner. It's what spurred me on to hire one to take charge of Pete and my wedding.

"We needed her desperately because we only had six weeks to plan our wedding. Having someone co-ordinate the wedding allowed me to concentrate on the day rather than on the incidentals."

One incidental that Wilson-Sampras left to a real expert was her wedding dress. It was designed for her by America's famous gown designer Vera Wang.

"I supposed it helped that I was marrying a rich, famous tennis player. Vera usually demands a lot more lead time than I gave her."

Wilson-Sampras says it is auspicious that she was married on Sept. 30.

"Pete's brother has the same wedding anniversary so they can help each other to remember the cards and presents."

She admits since the wedding she and Sampras have had to organize their time around each other's busy schedules.

"Right now, we both have demanding careers. We try to visit each other on location but it's difficult.

"We'd love to spend an extended holiday in Greece some time because that is Pete's heritage and we both really want children, but I don't think either is going to happen in the near future."

During their courtship, Wilson-Sampras asked her husband to give her tennis lessons.

"I'd never played tennis in my life, but I felt I should learn how for Pete's sake.

"He was very patient. I'm a bit of a slow learner and not all that co-ordinated."

In April, Wilson-Sampras stars in Just Visiting, John Hughes' remake of the French film The Visitors.
angiel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 02:22 AM   #32
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

its always not fair for women, men can marry those women who are 30 years younger than them but no bad mouthing from people, but if a woman is older than her lover like in pete's case, everyone disapproves, poor women

but this ex gf married by now

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:58 AM   #33
country flag angiel

angiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond reputeangiel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi
its always not fair for women, men can marry those women who are 30 years younger than them but no bad mouthing from people, but if a woman is older than her lover like in pete's case, everyone disapproves, poor women

but this ex gf married by now

We live in an fair world mimi - societies look on things differently, than we do - are they have double standard set for people to follow, you just can't win most of the times.

You can't do what the mens do, and still be a lady - I am not sure if Delaina is marry, but i will find out and let you know.

Last edited by angiel : 12-28-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 AM   #34
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

yes what an unfair world, see, my collegaues arrive at 10:00 am while i arrive at 9:15 am, but sometimes i arrive a bit late, say, 9:30 am, and the boss will scold me

yes i hope Delaina is already married, then she has a perfect ending like pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiel
We live in unfair world mimi - societies look on things differently, than we do - are they have double standard set for people to follow, you just can't win most of the times.

You can't do what the mens do, and still be a lady - I am not sure if Delaina is marry, but i will find out and let you know.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #35
country flag angiel

I hope so too mimi, a happy ending for all around - and donkey say the world no level.

Have a happy holiday and merry christmas to all, stay safe and see you guys soon.

Last edited by angiel : 12-23-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:55 PM   #36
country flag angiel

New year is around the corner.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:28 AM   #37
country flag Mimi

yes a happy ending for all of the people, also for angiel, evelyn and mimi, hehe

Quote:
I hope so too mimi, a happy ending for all around - and donkey say the world no level.

Have a happy holiday and merry christmas to all, stay safe and see you guys soon.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #38
country flag angiel

Quote:
yes a happy ending for all of the people, also for angiel, evelyn and mimi, hehe

Thank you mimi " HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL" it was a good year and I am so glad I got to meet you guys - 2005 will even be better.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:45 PM   #39
country flag angiel

EXTRA Profile: Bridgette Wilson

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailyn...01/01_25c.html

In "The Wedding Planner," Bridgette Wilson-Sampras plays a bride who's thinking twice about walking down the aisle with her fiancée, played by Matthew McConaughey. But when Bridgette wed tennis star Pete Sampras this past September, she had no doubts that he was the man for her. She says, "I love my life, to find the man of my dreams really tops it off."

We thought it might be fun to remind Bridgette just how far she's come in a few short years. It was 1990, our host Leeza Gibbons was the M.C. and Bridgette was Miss Teen USA. That was ten years ago. Now she's 27 and is on her way to having it all. A blossoming Hollywood career and a successful, high profile marriage.

Leeza: Does he critique your performance?

Bridgette: The only times he gets involved is when I'm begging him, 'will you read this scene with me I have to memorize it?'

Leeza: Do you hit balls with him in exchange for that?

Bridgette: Ah no, I could try, but I don't want to be on the end of that serve.

They met in true Hollywood fashion. Two years ago, Sampras saw Bridgette star in a black comedy called "Love Stinks" and decided he wanted to meet her. She says, "Of course I recognized his face from seeing it before. But it was the closest thing to a blind date for me."

So what's missing in Bridgette's life? Well nothing really, except maybe a family. Being a mom is a role she's wanted to play for a long time.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:30 AM   #40
country flag Mimi

yes i am so happy to know you and lee/lalitha/evelyn/linda ....... this year, wishing 2005 a much better year, we will always look young and healthy, earning more monies and very soon we gonna be the real boss, lol

Quote:
Thank you mimi " HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL" it was a good year and I am so glad I got to meet you guys - 2005 will even be better.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:57 AM   #41
country flag angiel

Quote:
yes i am so happy to know you and lee/lalitha/evelyn/linda ....... this year, wishing 2005 a much better year, we will always look young and healthy, earning more monies and very soon we gonna be the real boss, lol

Yes, me too my dear, and i know 2005 will be better, it has to, and may all our wishes come true.

Good health, hopes and prosperity for one and all, and a safer world for our children.

I definetly want to earn some more monies and get a home of my own, and I long to go see my family in jamaica.

God's richest blessing to you all and lets stay friends.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:12 AM   #42
country flag Mimi

yes god must give us a better 2005, at 2003, i felt so depressed becuase of the terrible SARS, wearing masks every day, fearing that i will get infected and die ..........

then this 2004, such a disaster at last .............

i sincerely wishing you to fulfill all your wishes , work harder, my dear friend

so is mimi, so even i hate the red monkey and the bad colleagues so much, i think i will try my best to work till the end of 2005 (umm, provided that i do not got fired which is likely ), earn more monies and continue to buy the lottery

well, i cannot complain too much, at least i have monies to live on for 5/6 years even if i lost my job, so i wish god will help angiel more

Old 12-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #43
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry mimi, you will have a good 2005.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:15 AM   #44
country flag Mimi

thanks a lot, Lalitha, i have enough of 2003 and 04, they were the worst years of my life so far, especially 03, SARS, the boss becoming more and more sick etc ...

so i wish for a better 2005, not only for me, but for the whole world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha
Don't worry mimi, you will have a good 2005.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #45
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

happy new year everyone! may 2005 be a better year!!
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote