Where are we all from? Plus Where we have been - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 PM   #76
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are we all from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Sorry, when I made my illustrated report on Brittany, I forgot a very famous site and I'm ashamed since I've noticed it!!!!!

So here are 2 pics of the Mont St Michel, a famous abbey, totally surrounded by the sea. I've been there once and I must say it is very beautiful. The view from the top of the site is simply marvellous... especially when the weather is friendly. Well I've had that chance so...
I've chosen a day pic and a night pic. Enjoy.
That's beautiful. Thanks for the pictures.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 AM   #77
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

These two are pictures from the Shetlands which are closer to Norway, but are a part of Scotland.

The first one is the Lerwick Harbour.

This one is from away from the main city in the countryside on a rare clear day.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #78
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I just love the 2nd one! It's so beautiful...
Old 12-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #79
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's not like they have very many clear days in Shetland.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #80
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

And that's what makes them even more marvellous...when you get the chance to see them under the sunshine!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #81
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

These are from Marc's home places the first two are in the province of Vorarlberg Austria which is on the Bodensee and borders Switzerland and Germany.

The other two are from Northern Sweden.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...chmentid=22841
http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...chmentid=22842

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #82
country flag Choupi

Thanks! Wow, the colour of the sky in the 3rd one... simply marvellous!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:50 AM   #83
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well it's a very different part of the world and one I really enjoy.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-12-2004, 05:51 PM   #84
country flag Choupi

Well I'm back with some new pics. But not from a particular area. They're from the place I work at. Remember I'm working in a professional highschool which trains future chefs and future pastrycookers... As some of you have seemed curious about that in other threads, I've decided to make a special report here, so that you can have an idea of what it means for me to go to work... And yes, it is very hard sometimes coz there are too many samples to taste!!!!!!

Pics 1/2/3/4 are outside views of the school. My office is situated in the pic N°4, on the ground floor.

Pic 5: this is our cooking lab. The future chefs are trained there.

Pic 6/7: this is the pastry lab where the future pastrycookers are training.

Pic 8/9: those are examples of what our students are trained for...hope it makes your mouth water!

Pic 10: this is the restaurant room where they train for service.

All those pics are extracted from the site of the school, which is run by students. And no I won't give you the link coz they also took pics of me and it is not representative... Maybe if you beg...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lycee bat A.jpg (52.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lycee bat B cour.jpg (27.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lycee bat B.jpg (33.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lycee bat C.jpg (27.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg lycee cuisine.jpg (9.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lycee labo pat.jpg (9.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lycee labo patisserie.jpg (18.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg lycee réalisation d'élèves 2.jpg (20.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lycee réalisation d'élèves.jpg (15.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg lycee salle resto.jpg (9.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #85
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, pastry! Haha, it would be so hard for me to work there, I'd go crazy with all the tasting!!! and hey, I'd like to see your picture... I'll post some of mine now:

1st= The view from my other house 30 minutes from the city. This place is called San Antonio and as you can see we're on a mountain.

[the following ones are bonuses]

2nd= Aw, that is obviously not where I live! That's from my trip to New York City this September. And that in the pink shirt is me!

3rd= Flower stand at NYC, me again

4th= My visit to Flushing Meadows! I went 2 weeks after the US Open had ended though... Grandstand was the first court I saw and the first thing I thought was: "Gastón played his 1st round match here this year!" Yeap

I have tons of pics from NYC if you want to see some more... I had never been there [I had never left this country for that matter] so I was ecstatic! Those pics in Times Square and the flower stand were on the very night I arrived. I was so tired but so happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SanAntonio2.jpg (18.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NewYork1.jpg (47.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg NewYorkFlowers.jpg (30.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Grandstand.jpg (60.3 KB, 4 views)

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space

Last edited by Adri : 12-14-2004 at 03:39 AM.
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:28 AM   #86
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri
Mmm, pastry! Haha, it would be so hard for me to work there, I'd go crazy with all the tasting!!! and hey, I'd like to see your picture...
Yes I must admit that sometimes it's hard...especially for the weight!!!! But don't worry, I've learned to be reasonable.... As for my pic, I told it was absolutely not representative...I wouldn't like anybody here to be scared! But I will do some and promised, I'll post them, as soon as I'll be convinced they won't scare anybody!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:30 AM   #87
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

You train the pastrycooks Choupi, mmmm that could be a dangerous job with all that food about, but thanks for the pics they are appreciated.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #88
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
You train the pastrycooks Choupi, mmmm that could be a dangerous job with all that food about, but thanks for the pics they are appreciated.
Hi there!

Well no, I don't train them myself. I'm no teacher and I'm no chef! Though some say that I'm gifted...It would be dangerous if I could not restrain myself from tasting! It is very hard sometimes but I consider myself successful! It reminds me of some anecdote. It was some years ago. I was talking with some of my students about what they had to revise for the next day. And they were dealing with pastry recipes. When I asked them what they had to do for their next class, they answered they had to do an apple pie. I made fun of them, telling that everybody knew how to do that! I teased them. And you know what, on the following day, during their class, they made a special pie for me, just to show me I was wrong. Their teacher made fun of me this time! That's what I call teasing for getting the best out of them! And I must admit that no, I had never eaten such a good apple pie!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #89
country flag nenadeSergio

nenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi, all those pics - wow, the food looks yummie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necesito tu pasion de sol a sol
porque siempre seras dueno de mi amor

Tommi Janne Risto Vellu Olli Axu Jussi Ville Sven

NANDO

Gasti Rafi Carlos Mark Nico Mariano Fere Tomás Jirka
nenadeSergio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #90
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is posting such fantastic pictures!! Thanks for keeping this going- it's alot of fun....

And Choupi- I would like to visit your pastry chefs. I think you need more taste testers. I'll volunteer!