Gastonesque Quotes - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gastonesque Quotes

Hi all!!
I thought it was a good idea to open a new thread to post those words that GG says and call our attention.
Here's one I found and just traslated from the day after the party of RG in Bs As.

- What other things changed in your life since you won Roland Garros?

- In the family everything is the same. What changes is the interviews issue, of acquiring commitments that you don’t want to, but you must do. For example, the Secretaria de Deportes calls you for a thing; the Presidency calls you for another one; the press conference that you must give when arriving; it is necessary to hire a press agent, because if you don’t they drive you crazy with your telephone; change the cell number... You must be more likeable all day long, because whenever a little kid says hi to you, you won’t tell him to fuck himself because you are already tired. You can no longer go and get drunk in any place or any time with your friends, because people know you, they are starring at you and you don’t stand good like that. Those speaking of you and not knowing a tiny thing of tennis begin make up stories about you. A pile of things change that you would have liked not to change. But guess what? I won Roland Garros (hahahaha, laughing with his eyes shining)... and what I like is that it bothers some people but it's my achievement and it only has to make me and my people happy.

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 01:33 AM   #2
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gastonesque Quotes

Wow, this is a great idea. Thanks for that, Melu.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:38 AM   #3
country flag Boludo

Boludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Those speaking of you and not knowing a tiny thing of tennis begin make up stories about you. A pile of things change that you would have liked not to change. But guess what? I won Roland Garros (hahahaha, laughing with his eyes shining)... and what I like is that it bothers some people but it's my achievement and it only has to make me and my people happy.
That's brilliant especially that last sentence, and well it's not just the Coria fans that it bothers either.

I might have to go through the interview thread, there would have to be a few there.
Boludo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute

"This more of the same", said Gaudio after letting Federer win the only match in a Ms so far he was under touble." We played great in general and in the end he was serving a bit better, it must be because of something that he is number 1 and I am 40". (GG, Hamburg 2004)
"The doubt prevails. But it was my fault: I got distracted afterwards. He used a great tactic, although I could never do something like that right" (GG, Barcelona 2004 talking about Robredo's cramps)
THE MODERATOR: Questions first in English.
Q. Was that one of your biggest wins of your career?
GASTON GAUDIO: I answer in Spanish?
THE MODERATOR: If you can do it in English.
(TMS Cincinnati, 2003)
Damn thing called Inmigration...

Q. Your name, is it from an Italian origin or Spanish origin?
GASTON GAUDIO: My mother is from Spanish origin and my father, I think, is Italian.
Q. But you think; you are not sure?
GASTON GAUDIO: Well, we live in Argentina so I don't know.
Q. What about your grandfather?
GASTON GAUDIO: The same. He born in Argentina. I don't really don't know where the surname comes.
(MC, press conference April 21, 2000)
"Yeah, go ahead...foot fault, out, net..call them all if you want"
"Stop calling all my balls bad, dude" (to Bernardes, final - Barcelona 2004)
" Everybody in Buenos Aires told me they cried. My mother cried, my dad too. My sis and bro. My gf, my friends, the security guard in my block, the guy that signed my passport in the airport, the driver of the airport van, some journalists...oh yeah...I cried too" (when he was asked about the poeple's reaction to his glory moment in RG, TV interview 2004)
"As I was telling you, Hewitt was playing good but I still don't know how I was able to defeat the guy, you know, he's a gladiator. It's tough to win against him. I entered the court thinking...Lleyton, please tell me you had a tough night, give me a hand". I can sense a change in me after Barcelona, yes...or well, let's hope so. Hey you, your cell was ringing, cool ringtone" (WTC 2004, press conference, he was talking to a journalist holding to cellphones)

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
Old 10-09-2004, 02:32 AM   #5
country flag Boludo

Boludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura about

Gaudio was one of four Argentines to advance to the quarter finals at Roland Garros (a new Grand Slam record for the nation). He now meets the winner of the Gustavo Kuerten v David Nalbandian quarter final in a match he compares to the final of the first division Spanish soccer league.

“They’re (Nalbandian and Kuerten) the Galacticos (Real Madrid) and I’m the Valencia. They have a special talent and in the top 10.”

Q. You mentioned Valencia. They have two titles.
GASTON GAUDIO: I'm just asking for one title, not two.
Boludo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #6
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

these are great- thanks!!
taysbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting this thread - I love it. This quote is definately my favourite:-

But guess what? I won Roland Garros (hahahaha, laughing with his eyes shining)... and what I like is that it bothers some people but it's my achievement and it only has to make me and my people happy.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Too many great quotes there, and he shows he has a great sense of humour.
PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #9
country flag nenadeSergio

nenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond reputenenadeSergio has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Gastonesque Quotes

His quotes are always hilarious.

I like this one:
Being asked who will win, Gaudio or Hewitt? He said: "Gauwitt"

Necesito tu pasion de sol a sol
porque siempre seras dueno de mi amor

Tommi Janne Risto Vellu Olli Axu Jussi Ville Sven

NANDO

Gasti Rafi Carlos Mark Nico Mariano Fere Tomás Jirka
nenadeSergio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #10
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Those are great, Melu!
For those of you who may not have read what I posted about GG’s sayings in Melumania, I’m posting it here:

During GG’s match against Johansson one of the TV commentators asked “Who’s he talking to” and the other replied “To the other Gaudio”. It made me laugh, and I thought of all Gaston’s sayings that are worth preserving before they’re lost in time.
Compared to the general mediocrity that distinguishes most sportsmen’s declarations, the Gato’s replies are refreshingly original.

These are some of Gaston’s sayings:
About his game: “When I’m playing against a rival and against myself, it’s twice as difficcult”.
After losing to Massu in the US Open 2003: “Today I’d have lost even against my mother” (thanks, Miriam!)
About his coach: “It’s a wonderful sensation to see that your coach feels what you are feeling, that he’s living the game with you, that he suffers with you instead of thinking about how much he’s going to make if I win or lose the next point”,
About his friends: “Have you ever given less than your best on the court when playing against one of them?” “A thousand times”.
About his future (I): “I really like finance, I pour over all that comes out about shares rising and falling, movements in the stock-market, opportunities…”
About his future (II): “I see myself as a sort of super-father, the doting pop, fetching the kids from school in my S.U.V. and everything”
When asked what changes there would be after winning RG: “Everyone will want to beat me”.
About his relationship with Argentine players: “You spend a lot of time with colleagues with whom you share lots of things and at the same time you’re competing in everything”
After the Mercedes Benz tournament: “I want to come next year and win. If I don't get the car I'm going to steal it!”
To an American interviewer: “I like to play in Cincinnati because of its golf-course”
And the Roland Garros vintage:
When asked to compare himself with Coria, he answered: “He’s No. 3, I’m 40”
About Coria and Nalbandian: “They are the “galacticos” (Real Madrid super-stars). I am Valencia” (a team with less famous stars that beat Real Madrid).
”I'm just asking for one title, not two.”
Asked who will win, Gaudio or Hewitt? “Gauwitt”
About his relationship with Coria: “Everything’s smooth”
And the Oscar goes to:
“I would like to thank …………..my girl-friend, my ex girl-friend …………..”

That’s all for now. There’s lots of material out there, and I plan to harvest some more!
Cheers,
Vale
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #11
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Those are great, Melu!
For those of you who may not have read what I posted about GG’s sayings in Melumania, I’m posting it here:

During GG’s match against Johansson one of the TV commentators asked “Who’s he talking to” and the other replied “To the other Gaudio”. It made me laugh, and I thought of all Gaston’s sayings that are worth preserving before they’re lost in time.
Compared to the general mediocrity that distinguishes most sportsmen’s declarations, the Gato’s replies are refreshingly original.

These are some of Gaston’s sayings:
About his game: “When I’m playing against a rival and against myself, it’s twice as difficcult”.
After losing to Massu in the US Open 2003: “Today I’d have lost even against my mother” (thanks, Miriam!)
About his coach: “It’s a wonderful sensation to see that your coach feels what you are feeling, that he’s living the game with you, that he suffers with you instead of thinking about how much he’s going to make if I win or lose the next point”,
About his friends: “Have you ever given less than your best on the court when playing against one of them?” “A thousand times”.
About his future (I): “I really like finance, I pour over all that comes out about shares rising and falling, movements in the stock-market, opportunities…”
About his future (II): “I see myself as a sort of super-father, the doting pop, fetching the kids from school in my S.U.V. and everything”
When asked what changes there would be after winning RG: “Everyone will want to beat me”.
About his relationship with Argentine players: “You spend a lot of time with colleagues with whom you share lots of things and at the same time you’re competing in everything”
After the Mercedes Benz tournament: “I want to come next year and win. If I don't get the car I'm going to steal it!”
To an American interviewer: “I like to play in Cincinnati because of its golf-course”
And the Roland Garros vintage:
When asked to compare himself with Coria, he answered: “He’s No. 3, I’m 40”
About Coria and Nalbandian: “They are the “galacticos” (Real Madrid super-stars). I am Valencia” (a team with less famous stars that beat Real Madrid).
”I'm just asking for one title, not two.”
Asked who will win, Gaudio or Hewitt? “Gauwitt”
About his relationship with Coria: “Everything’s smooth”
And the Oscar goes to:

That’s all for now. There’s lots of material out there, and I plan to harvest some more!
Cheers,
Vale
Hi Vale

I had already read all this stuff but I just can't help smiling and laughing at those quotes. He's so funny sometimes...Though I think he's not aware each time he is. And that's fun too!

Bye
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #12
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

The funniest people are the ones, that don't try to be funny and Gaston comes into this category.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #13
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
About Coria and Nalbandian: “They are the “galacticos” (Real Madrid super-stars). I am Valencia” (a team with less famous stars that beat Real Madrid)
I love this ... Thanks for posting, great work

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #14
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

These are hilarious! Gracias, Melu and others! Gaston is v honest, he doesn't try TOO HARD like some dopes out there and he's v modest.

Melu, me gustaria ver estas frases en espanol!

I particularly like this one:
" Everybody in Buenos Aires told me they cried. My mother cried, my dad too. My sis and bro. My gf, my friends, the security guard in my block, the guy that signed my passport in the airport, the driver of the airport van, some journalists...oh yeah...I cried too" (when he was asked about the poeple's reaction to his glory moment in RG, TV interview 2004)

This is the best:

What a sense of humour, another attribute I adore in people; it's what makes them human!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #15
country flag MeluG

Sure Rogie...your wishes are my demands...lol. Here you go:

"En Bs As, todos me dijeron que lloraron. Mi mamá llorando, mi papá también. Mi hermana, mi hermano. Mi novia, mis amigos, el de deguridad de la cuadra, en el aeropuerto el tipo que me puso el sello en el pasaporte, el conductor de la camioneta en Ezeiza, varios periodistas...y si...yo también lloré"

This is the best:

"Les quiero agradecer a todos, a mi ex novia, mi novia (it was in that order and here he broke into tears)..."

Melu =O)

Gaston Gaudio Mania