Davis Cup: Djokovic (SRB) d. Rochus (BEL) 6-3 6-2 6-2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davis Cup: Djokovic (SRB) d. Rochus (BEL) 6-3 6-2 6-2

Djokovic beats jetlag with the help of the Emirates First Class and then serves Rochus off the mud pit.
World No 1 finally brings his head to head with the Belgian Tasmanian devil to respectable 3-3.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup: Servovic (SRB) d. Rochus (BEL) 6-3 6-2 6-2

Rochus was bashing anything he could get his racquet on, very agressive. Very good serving from Nole, 20 aces and some good shots when he needed them, but generally wasn't trying to get every ball, and a quick match
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovics' BH slice growing better by the day, almost perfect today. And 20 aces
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice and clean, Rochus got the most out of it he could.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic serve was great here.

He was little afraid to slide on stadium clay , but generally good performance.

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, Rochus doesn't have the reach so gets aced easier, still great job on serve by Nole
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

20 aces? WTF

MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
Djokovic beats jetlag with the help of the Emirates First Class and then serves Rochus off the mud pit.
World No 1 finally brings his head to head with the Belgian Tasmanian devil to respectable 3-3.
What an honour and privilege for Belgians to see world's no1 play live.Very easy for Djoko.He was serving great(20 aces).Let's hope Zimonjic and who ever gonna play along him will win,so that Djoko King doesn't need to waste his time with that little fedtard.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic just relentless. I think he served around 20 aces (forgive me, I watched the match but didn't see the final stats). Kudos to Rochus, he tried hard but there was nothing he could do. The court still looks bad tho. Djokovic just did his thing, too good. I'm a bit worried about his shoulder as his trainer was massaging his shoulder during changeovers. let's hope it's nothing serious.

who's playing doubles in this tie?

Also, I think Belgian trainer should've put Goffin vs. Nole and Rochus vs. Victor, but that's just my opinion.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Rochus's reach helped a little bit to improve Nole's serve stats. Actually, Oli makes anyone look like a serve bot.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
country flag loopback

loopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic post match interview

loopback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
country flag loopback

loopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond reputeloopback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post

they don't know yet according to the post match interviews
loopback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done by Novak, taking care of business with the minimum of fuss.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic looked sloopy in the first few games.Doesnt happen often that a player plays DC 5 days after he played a Slam final.Respect to that.Federer better play in quarters if Switzerland wins this week.

Quote:
Djokovic just relentless. I think he served around 20 aces (forgive me, I watched the match but didn't see the final stats). Kudos to Rochus, he tried hard but there was nothing he could do. The court still looks bad tho. Djokovic just did his thing, too good. I'm a bit worried about his shoulder as his trainer was massaging his shoulder during changeovers. let's hope it's nothing serious.

Also, I think Belgian trainer should've put Goffin vs. Nole and Rochus vs. Victor, but that's just my opinion.
No.1 vs No.2 on Friday is the DC format.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #15
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Zimonjic Troicki will be serbian side in doubles I think.

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote