Matosevic, Ebden or Luczak? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
country flag The_Aussie17
Banned!

The_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matosevic, Ebden or Luczak?

So far who's had the best career and who will have the best career.

Matosevic is the only one out of the three to make an ATP singles final which he lost. Luczak I think only ever made two semi finals, Ebden has made a few QF's and also a 4th round appearance at Indian Wells last year. Matty has also taken 3 doubles titles and made another final which he lost. Luczak had a pretty bad Grand Slam record of 13-25 with 6 of those wins being in main draw matches then the next 7 being from qualfying wins, Marinko is yet to win a main draw match at GS level but has an average record of 8-17. I think Matosevic can win matches at that level just needs some luck with his draws every now and again. Then Matty has a good record of 11-15 which really over time should see him push close to 30+ wins.

Peter Luczak went 41-89 throughout his singles career with $1,087,964 in prize money and doubles 23-42 with $181,486 prize money. With a career high singles and doubles rankings of 64 and 98.

Matt Ebden currently is 28-38 so far in his singles career with $703,032 in prize money and doubles so far 25-27 with $176,267 in prize money. With a career high singles and doubles rankings of 61 and 57.

Marinko Matosevic currently is 20-35 so far in his singles career with $651,506 in prize money and doubles so far 10-17 with $83,315 in prize money. With a career high singles and doubles rankings of 47 and 114.

Personally I'm gonna say Ebden has had the best career as of yet and will have the best career.
The_Aussie17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matosevic, Ebden or Luczak?

When one analyses tennis careers over time, the relative increase in prize-money and the increased cost of living should be factored in. Comparing prixe-money for Luczak - playing career from approx 2000 (he was a late starter) to 2011, compared to Ebden, 2006 to 2012, there is quite a difference in the prize money on offer for the same level of tournament (ATP / Challenger), except for ITF which has not changed (why?) for over 8 years (but the cost of living and travel has), so Ebden will out-earn Luczak even if they had exactly the same results.

Ebden most probably will have a longer duration of career than both the other players, so he should out-earn the others, if he can maintain his ranking.
My prediction is that only Tomic, and perhaps Lleyton, will be in the top 100 at year end.
I sincerely hope I am proved wrong and that Marinko (huge points to defend in February/March) and Ebden, already out of the top 100, will hang in there and maintain their rankings.
Also hope that some of the others, such as Millman, Duckworth, Smith, Jones, Kyrgios, Mitchell and Reid, even Barton are in the mix for top 100 during the year or by year-end.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote