"Murray's AO chances scuppered by No. 3 seeding" - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #76
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Murray's AO chances scuppered by No. 3 seeding"

well I've come to the conclusion that what they actually want was Djokovic's draw, but hey Djokovic isn't number 1 for nothing, is he ? Sorry Murray is not there yet, don't be too impatient, you can't have it as easily as that, my fellow British newspapers

Besides, even Djokovic only has half a chance of having to defeat only one of Fed and Murray to win the tournament.

And he had much tougher opponents than Murray before the semi, including a Wawa who defeated Murray 2 years ago playing less well than that.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #77
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
well I've come to the conclusion that what they actually want was Djokovic's draw, but hey Djokovic isn't number 1 for nothing, is he ? Sorry Murray is not there yet, don't be too impatient, you can't have it as easily as that, my fellow British newspapers

Besides, even Djokovic only has half a chance of having to defeat only one of Fed and Murray to win the tournament.

And he had much tougher opponents than Murray before the semi, including a Wawa who defeated Murray 2 years ago playing less well than that.
Federer was #1 at the USO and got a nightmare draw, Djokovic was #2 and got a cake draw.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #78
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Would've disowned him by now already.

Maybe because FEderer deserves it with the achievements he's accomplished?
Good point, but still they hype him up like some uber mega god and never comment on his faults apart from swearing in AO SF, seeing as they're intent on creating more friction between fed and murray than neccesary.

I guess you hated Henman and candiezki too?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #79
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Federer was #1 at the USO and got a nightmare draw, Djokovic was #2 and got a cake draw.
Eh what? Since when is Young, Phau, Verdasco and Fish a 'nightmare' draw? The only difference was that Berdych was in form at the time while Del Potro played the USO with a bad left wrist, but that has nothing to do with the draw, it's pure chance. And it's not like Djokovic would have minded facing Berdych at all.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #80
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Good point, but still they hype him up like some uber mega god and never comment on his faults apart from swearing in AO SF, seeing as they're intent on creating more friction between fed and murray than neccesary.
I think they pick up on a lot about Federer, especially when he's facing Murray for some reason.

Quote:
I guess you hated Henman and candiezki too?
Actually liked Henman. He didn't get as much hyped to death and seems like a decent chap.
GOAT = Fed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #81
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Eh what? Since when is Young, Phau, Verdasco and Fish a 'nightmare' draw? The only difference was that Berdych was in form at the time while Del Potro played the USO with a bad left wrist, but that has nothing to do with the draw, it's pure chance. And it's not like Djokovic would have minded facing Berdych at all.
Berydch/Murray in QF/SF respectively is a much harder draw than a broken wrist Del Potro/Ferrer no?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #82
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think they pick up on a lot about Federer, especially when he's facing Murray for some reason.

Actually liked Henman. He didn't get as much hyped to death and seems like a decent chap.
And Murray isn't a decent chap? Don't remember him doing anything wrong off court at all.

argument.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #83
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Fed was number one at US open and what he did not get easy draw he got Murray in his half. If you ask me Federer always has the tough draw for years,I have not seen Fed to have such an easy path as Murray to the SF for years.Murray played #120 player in second round and #100 in 3rd, Fed at the same time played Davydenko long time in top 5 finalist in Doha,in 3 rd Tomic winner
ATP 250 Sidney big guy if you ask me Fed deserves to be much more in the F than Murray does,If Murray had top 20 in QF he could deserve all his points. Djokovic did have as well tough matches to get to F so Murray should be happy and shut up his mouth as British press too
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #84

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Berydch/Murray in QF/SF respectively is a much harder draw than a broken wrist Del Potro/Ferrer no?
The only significant difference on paper was getting Murray instead of Ferrer, and it's 50-50 so one of the two will always be screwed there.

The actual level of opponents during the tournaments is entirely unpredictable: before AO, most said Nole had the easiest path to the semis among the top 4 seeds and on paper he did, but he actually had the toughest since no one in the other sections played at the same level Wawrinka did. Just like Berdych finding form for USO while Del Potro struggling with a limp left wrist was hardly predictable; in fact, Berdych had been horrible in the lead-up to the tournament losing to all sorts of mugs while Delpo was on a high after playing great and getting a medal at the Olympics.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #85
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
And Murray isn't a decent chap? Don't remember him doing anything wrong off court at all.
brb swearing like a luncatic
brb saying it doesn't take much to beat Federer
brb acting like a typical arrogant Scot
brb bum licking Nadal

brb brb
Quote:
The only significant difference on paper was getting Murray instead of Ferrer, and it's 50-50 so one of the two will always be screwed there.

The actual level of opponents during the tournaments is entirely unpredictable: before AO, most said Nole had the easiest path to the semis among the top 4 seeds and on paper he did, but he actually had the toughest since no one in the other sections played at the same level Wawrinka did. Just like Berdych finding form for USO while Del Potro struggling with a limp left wrist was hardly predictable; in fact, Berdych had been horrible in the lead-up to the tournament losing to all sorts of mugs while Delpo was on a high after playing great and getting a medal at the Olympics.
I agree but was just saying that Federer's draw was harder than Djokovic all things considered. But Federer fans can't complain much since he did lose in the QF and he should be beating the Berdychs of tennis in GS if he wants to win a slam.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #86
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just like Berdych finding form for USO while Del Potro struggling with a limp left wrist was hardly predictable; in fact, Berdych had been horrible in the lead-up to the tournament losing to all sorts of mugs while Delpo was on a high after playing great and getting a medal at the Olympics.
Del Po was already playing injured in Cincinnati,

and anybody who had seen Berdych play from the middle of his match against Darcis in Winston Salem could see that he had found his form.

And those things were clearly confirmed during the first part of the USO.

"on paper" means nothing : Del Po was crap in that USO, Berdych was in great form and could very well have defeated Murray imo hadn't it been for teh wind.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #87

Quote:
Del Po was already playing injured in Cincinnati,

and anybody who had seen Berdych play from the middle of his match against Darcis in Winston Salem could see that he had found his form.

And those things were clearly confirmed during the first part of the USO.

"on paper" means nothing : Del Po was crap in that USO, Berdych was in great form and could very well have defeated Murray imo hadn't it been for teh wind.
Exactly the point I'm making. The difficulty of a player's path/draw is entirely determined by the level shown by his opponents on court, something the drawmakers have no control over whatsoever even if they rig the draw. Sometimes even being a top 4 seed doesn't help: for instance Berdych had a much easier path to the RG semis in 2010 than Federer, the #1 seed, did.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #88
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
brb swearing like a luncatic
brb saying it doesn't take much to beat Federer
brb acting like a typical arrogant Scot
brb bum licking Nadal

brb brb

I agree but was just saying that Federer's draw was harder than Djokovic all things considered. But Federer fans can't complain much since he did lose in the QF and he should be beating the Berdychs of tennis in GS if he wants to win a slam.
brb, no?

argument.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #89
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

he got hyped WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more due to him fitting the correct stereotype of a British tennis player- upper class and southern English.

But unfortunately the working class kid north of the border won the biggest title of them all. Poor Anglophiles.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #90
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well I guess it started far before that and from tennis well-known commentators, remember Simon Reed's famous "Murray is the real number 1" many years ago ?
Yes - 2009 before the US Open. We all know how that turned out. Surely NO ONE took him seriously at the time?
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote