ˇˇVina del Mar!! Rafa Falls to a deserving Zeballos - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #46
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Nadal v. Delbonis - Vamos Rafa

Important thing is the win is under his belt. My expectations are tempered, but it's good to see him back on the court and working to gain match toughness.

star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Important thing is the win is under his belt. My expectations are tempered, but it's good to see him back on the court and working to gain match toughness.

So, menstennisforums.com notified me that somebody tried to log into my account with a wrong password more than 5 times. I haven't attempted to log in for several months now.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #48
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Nadal v. Delbonis 6-3, 6-2.

It was great to see him back But I'm still worried about those knees He didn't even try a lot of the times to track down balls and the few times he tried he mostly didn't get to the ball in time as far as drop shots went and he didn't try at times for balls hit out wide. But he seemed to move better back and forth at the baseline then he did trying to run up to the net. Of course, some of his shots were off; but I'm sure that is just being rusty after being out so long!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #49
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
its strange, i already amended my signature and saw it worked before, but now it changed back to its old version?
The Forum has been acting very strange lately Post have been disappearing, PMs, have been disappearing, and edited posts, sigs, etc. haven't keep their edited version!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #50
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
So, menstennisforums.com notified me that somebody tried to log into my account with a wrong password more than 5 times. I haven't attempted to log in for several months now.

This is a sign you should log in more often.

Anyway, how are you? And the boys and the hubby? Is the oldest son a senior this year?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #51
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Nadal v. Delbonis 6-3, 6-2.

Veronique in da house, so Rafa should be good! Yay, at least he's back, Montanes or DGT next!! Doubles vs Rufin & Volandri tonight.
Btw MTF's been acting strangely indeed, a PM I sent went to an e-mail account of that person.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #52
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Rafa/Pico v. Rufin/Volandri (Not Before 6 P.M.)

Quote:

Nadal Returns with a Win and a Request: Stop Talking About My Knee

He's back, with a request.
Rafael Nadal wants to stop talking about the aching left knee that kept him away from the ATP Tour for over seven months until his doubles victory Tuesday with Juan Monaco at a little-known clay court tournament in Chile.
Nadal, whose inflamed knee has lingered despite ongoing therapy, had not played since June 28 when he was upset in the second round of Wimbledon by qualifier Lukas Rosol.
Nadal and Monaco won easily in just over an hour at the VTR Open, defeating the Czech pair of Frantisek Cermak and Lukas Dlouhy 6-3, 6-2. Nadal's practice sessions in Chile have lasted longer, and the first question centered on his knee — a sore subject with the Spaniard.
The former No. 1-ranked Nadal addressed the question for several minutes, and then said he wanted to drop the subject and concentrate on tennis as he begins a buildup to what could be his eighth French Open title.
"The knee — I said it when I got here. I would prefer not to keep talking about the topic," Nadal said. "At the end of the day the doctors have said it's OK. There is no risk of making it worse. My knee keeps hurting. But the fact I am playing here is a thing of joy.
"I am not 100 percent, I need some weeks," he added. "If it hurts, it hurts and we'll put up with it. I am here to play tennis, with or without pain. ... I'm happy to have played an official game, although it was doubles."
Nadal opens his singles campaign Wednesday against Argentine Federico Delbonis, hoping to catch up to the other three of tennis' Big Four — Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Andy Murray.
The Spaniard has been almost unbeatable on clay, winning 93 percent of his singles matches — the highest percentage in the Open era.
Nadal has avoided surgery, and he suggested he hoped to continue on the same path.
"If one day it is worse, and one can't compete at 100 percent, then it can't be done," he said.
Nadal showed quick reactions with a difficult backhand volley at the net to win the sixth game of the first set Tuesday. Nadal and Monaco broke in the next game, and Nadal held serve in the next to make it 5-3 en route to a first-set victory.
Nadal hit several powerful forehands at sharp angles to win points, and seemed at ease moving around the court. And he drew the usual whistles from female fans as he stripped off his shirt after the win.
"I need for the knee be stronger, to be more comfortable playing all out," Nadal said. "There are days when the knee is not comfortable. ... Today I am in the second round of doubles and tomorrow I start in singles. I'm not going to speak more about the knee. What's coming up is tennis, and that's why I am here to try to play as well as I can.
"The more hours I am on the court, the better," he added. "Today was important, but in another aspect it wasn't so important. The most important was just to be here. There is no doubt that perhaps the result here is not the overriding thing. I'll do all I can to win and play as well as I can."
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/spo...#ixzz2KEp1fFqv
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #53
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Gimeno-Traver up next! Not before 6 p.m.

as busy as hell, worked till 9 pm every night, no time to post

but still, vamosssssssss rafa, shut all those haters off by winning please

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #54
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Mimi take some rest sheesh.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #55
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

CENTRAL Start 2:30 pm
[8] Carlos Berlocq (ARG) v Guillaume Rufin (FRA)

Not Before 6:00 PM
[WC/1] Rafael Nadal (ESP) v [7] Daniel Gimeno-Traver (ESP)
[3] Jeremy Chardy (FRA) v [6] Paolo Lorenzi (ITA)

Not Before 10:00 PM
Carlos Berlocq (ARG)/Leonardo Mayer (ARG) v Juan Monaco (ARG)/Rafael Nadal (ESP)

Two matches in one day... I really don't like it. I think from now on Rafa should focus only on singles in VdM. He already got some match practice, so singles is enough. Also I hope that he will think twice before playing also doubles in Sao Paulo.

Anyway, Vamos Rafito!

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

Also support:
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
PRZYSIEŻNY, JANOWICZ, KUBOT, FYRSTENBERG / MATKOWSKI

Best ever: PETE SAMPRAS
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #56
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, doubles is not that bad, just hope he won't make anything silly like making the knee worse with some bad move, he should let Pico do the main job.

Quote:
Nadal/Monaco Reach Vina del Mar SFs

by ATP Staff

Rafael Nadal and good friend Juan Monaco once again shined on the doubles court at the VTR Open in Vina del Mar Thursday, defeating Guillaume Rufin and Filippo Volandri 6-2, 7-6(4) to reach the semi-finals.

Monaco and Nadal won 86 per cent of their first serve points and did not lose serve to advance in 75 minutes.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Thursday.aspx
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #57
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
as busy as hell, worked till 9 pm every night, no time to post

but still, vamosssssssss rafa, shut all those haters off by winning please

I love you Mimi! Never change!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #58
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff.
I don't think I've ever seen Rafa lose the point following a time violation warning - today no different.
The t'shirt's growing on me but like the Cincy'10 shirt, I have a feeling it's a tee for Rafa only!
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #59
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much Star and Dee

allez Rafa!

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #60
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

We as Nadal fans have been through alot over the years, but we are still strong no matter what. We need to still have faith in our favorite player. Let do this yall!
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote