Nadal's Comeback - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #46
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal's Comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
Roland Garros officials are sick of Nadal and the French fans can't stand him either. I expect faster condition in Paris in an all out attempt to derail the comeback. As a result, Nadal loses to Djokovic in Paris then he withdraws from Wimbledon and the US Open.
the president of the French Tennis Federation is a big fan of Nadal's and he has many fans in France, and nobody has any economic interest in Nadal's absence of the Tour.

Anyway, the contract for the Babolat balls has been made since 2011, but the balls were a little bit heavier last year,

and then for the courts it mostly depends on the weather.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #47
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
the problem with Nadal is that his scheduling has been always horrible. He used to over play. Now, finally, he realized that he can't go on like that any more. Thank God, smart move.
so far he has only increased the number of tournaments he's intending to play, and also he absolutely thinks he needs to play doubles for his "confidence".

Personally I've never believed that idea that Nadal comparing to the other players needed to work more, and needed a lot of matches to play well.

In the beginning of 2012, he could not practice for long periods and arrived at tournaments with hardly any practise, and still managed to go far in those tournaments (it was the case before the Australian open, Indian Wells, Monte-Carlo ... even in Wimbledon he did not practise at all but still destroyed Bellucci and took a Rosol playing the match of his life to 5 sets).

This idea is in his mind and from his education, and atm he surely needs to be reassured but he could perfectly do it more cautiously, avoiding to play doubles, playing one less claycourt tournament, imo.

As for Roland-Garros, my opinion is that Djokovic can perfectly defeat a very good Nadal in this tournament contrary to what some think (Fed helped Nadal tremendously in Roland-Garros 2011), then a weakened Nadal even more and it just seems reasonable to me to put Djokovic as the early favorite for Roland-Garros at the moment
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #48
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

the damage the poor guy has already done is permanent

connors is a walking cripple and he worked 10% of what nadal does

nadal has literally sacrificed his post tennis life for 11 slams- i'll be happy to see him back but really hope he changes up his game to be less taxing on his body

focusing less on hard courts- more on clay and grass is a huge step in the right direction
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #49
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

No major title for Nadal this year. He will be miles off the pace in comparison to the top guys. He will fight for 3 or 4 in the rankings with Federer.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #50
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
the damage the poor guy has already done is permanent

connors is a walking cripple and he worked 10% of what nadal does

nadal has literally sacrificed his post tennis life for 11 slams- i'll be happy to see him back but really hope he changes up his game to be less taxing on his body

focusing less on hard courts- more on clay and grass is a huge step in the right direction
Lol, Clownnors was unathletic mug, not in the same dimension as Nadal, let's compare him to guys that are actually on his level like Borg, okay?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #51
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Lol, Clownnors was unathletic mug, not in the same dimension as Nadal, let's compare him to guys that are actually on his level like Borg, okay?
Shut up.

You don't know nothing.

Of everything.

There's only one Murray of all time.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #52
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is changing his racquet*
Quote:
Rafael Nadal to return with new racket

When Rafael Nadal returns to court next week at the ATP 250 event in Vina del Mar, Chile, he won’t be carrying the Babolat Aero Pro Drive that has been his trusty racket of choice since he was 12 years old. According to DPA. Nadal will be switching to a newer Babolat model to — get this — achieve even more topspin.

“Uncle Toni put pressure on Rafa to change. If you want to be better, you have to take risks,” Eric Babolat, the owner of the firm that makes the racket Nadal has been playing with since age 12, told DPA.

“I don’t agree with what you’re saying, but I’ll give it a try,” Babolat said Nadal usually tells his uncle-coach.

According to the Frenchman, the new racket and new strings give “more power and more control” to the Spaniard’s shots.

“More top spin, he already has a lot of that but he wants more,” said Babolat.

More topspin? Well now you’re just getting greedy, Rafa.

Nadal will test the racket and his knees on a three-tournament swing that will see him play back-to-back-to-back clay court events in Chile, Brazil and Mexico. Speaking to reporters in Mallorca on Wednesday, Nadal said his goal in the first stages of his comeback is to ensure his knees can withstand the heavy load.

“The most important thing for me is the knee…that I can support the pain of the knee and then if I am able to play these three tournaments in a row I think it will work very well for me because I will have three important weeks to prepare for the rest of the season.

http://tennis.si.com/2013/01/30/rafael-nadal-racket/
*correct spelling, as per Canadian Oxford Dictionary
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #53
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to Nadal dismantling Olderer's one handed backhand once more
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #54
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Can Nadal be as successful on his comeback as Borg was?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #55
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

With this new racket, Nadal will be at a disadvantage. Since the bounce is so high, now his opponents can just hit overheads from the baseline. Bad move.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #56
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Toni analyzed nadal's game and thought it needed more topspin. It makes sense.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #57
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
With this new racket, Nadal will be at a disadvantage. Since the bounce is so high, now his opponents can just hit overheads from the baseline. Bad move.
LOL
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #58
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
so far he has only increased the number of tournaments he's intending to play, and also he absolutely thinks he needs to play doubles for his "confidence".

Personally I've never believed that idea that Nadal comparing to the other players needed to work more, and needed a lot of matches to play well.

In the beginning of 2012, he could not practice for long periods and arrived at tournaments with hardly any practise, and still managed to go far in those tournaments (it was the case before the Australian open, Indian Wells, Monte-Carlo ... even in Wimbledon he did not practise at all but still destroyed Bellucci and took a Rosol playing the match of his life to 5 sets).

This idea is in his mind and from his education, and atm he surely needs to be reassured but he could perfectly do it more cautiously, avoiding to play doubles, playing one less claycourt tournament, imo.

As for Roland-Garros, my opinion is that Djokovic can perfectly defeat a very good Nadal in this tournament contrary to what some think (Fed helped Nadal tremendously in Roland-Garros 2011), then a weakened Nadal even more and it just seems reasonable to me to put Djokovic as the early favorite for Roland-Garros at the moment
no one can beat a 'very good' Nadal at Roland Garros. Djokovic was getting routined (6-3 6-4 2-0) in the final last year when it started lightly raining and the ump let play go on too long.

Djokovic should be the favorite for Roland Garros this year POSSIBLY just based on the liklihood that Nadal will not be at his best. if Nadal is back at a great clay level with good movement there is no way Novak can do it

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #59
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
No major title for Nadal this year. He will be miles off the pace in comparison to the top guys. He will fight for 3 or 4 in the rankings with Federer.
Amazing, you managed to totally contradict yourself in just two sentences. First he's miles off the pace and then he's fighting with Federer even with 720 points to make up already. Make up your mind.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #60
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
LOLOLOL

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote