novak djokovic endorsements potential - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #121
country flag legolandbridge

legolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond reputelegolandbridge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: novak djokovic endorsements potential

I consider Nole a legend of the game because he actually ate some of the grass of Wimbledon. Not too many greats can claim that.
Who will be #1?
Attended: RG, Wimbly, USO, Miami, Monaco, Bercy, Rotterdam
legolandbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 AM   #122
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Why dont you stop crying you childish selfish little girl

embarrassing.
YOU are accusing ME of being a fangirl... interesting.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #123
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Please, arm, stay reasonable and listen to Mickey.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #124
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
For the love of god, obviously being young alone doesn't work. I am young and I am not getting any money for it. But he has 6 GS, a bunch of titles and weeks as #1 that Tomic and Dimitrov do not have. That + the fact that he looks young and rebel is the selling point. A possible one. One that absolutely works for him, although not nearly as well as Rafa's or Roger's selling points do.

And no, not all 25 year old players look young. That is exactly my point.
I agree. And I don't think looking young = looking 18 or whatever. He looks like he's in his 20's (which he is), which qualifies as 'young', and this, coupled with other aspects of his personality, actually sets him apart from Roger and Nadal. I think his deal with Uniqlo is quite a good example of the kind of market that he can appeal to. Uniqlo is seen as trendy and hip in Asia, and like I said earlier, that's the kind of market that he can attract. The fact that he looks young also helps a lot in that regard.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #125
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

all this over 3 Aussie Opens in a raw (Agassi done that)

did he win 5 Wimbledons in a raw?
5 US Open in a raw yet?

end of thread.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #126
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of feel a bit sorry for Djokovic when he's this bubbly, entertaining and slightly humorous bloke, who possesses a personality that is hard to dislike, and then Rory McIlroy, who is on the whole a pretty boring guy, despite being a very talented golfer, is dwarfing his earnings.

I don't think the reason for this is that golf is much more marketable than tennis.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #127
country flag rinnegan

rinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter. He is the future President of Serbia.
Grigor Dimitrov • Ernests Gulbis
Andre Agassi • Mario Ancic • Marat Safin

Thank you for everything, Sir Alex Ferguson!
rinnegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #128
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
For the love of god, obviously being young alone doesn't work. I am young and I am not getting any money for it. But he has 6 GS, a bunch of titles and weeks as #1 that Tomic and Dimitrov do not have. That + the fact that he looks young and rebel is the selling point. A possible one. One that absolutely works for him, although not nearly as well as Rafa's or Roger's selling points do.

And no, not all 25 year old players look young. That is exactly my point.
To me he looks exactly like 25 and no younger than Nadal or Murray who are his direct competitors. It's like saying a Ferrari's sellig point is that it has a four wheels. A Lamborghini also has four wheels so it becomes irrelevant. You can't say he's more marketable than his rivals because he's younger. You can say he's more marketable because of his ranking or his charisma. The general perception to the public is probably that he's actually a bit older since he's been around for so long. It's more like he is age appropriate rather than using it as a stand out marketing strategy.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #129
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
the more you win, the more money you make... you get more popular etc. very simple. not sure how important this is to us MTF mortals.
Nole, Fed and Nadal are multimillionaires. They don't pay our bills. it's irrelevant. I couldn't care less how much money they make.
I wonder who spends more and on what
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #130
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnegan View Post
Doesn't matter. He is the future President of Serbia.
In all seriousness, is this likely?

I mean I have no doubt he could build on his popularity to have a successful political career. Tons of sports stars have done it - Imran Khan, Manny Pacquiao, etc. I am just wondering if politics is something he is interested in.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #131
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

The boy has too much money already and personally I don't give a "flying fuck" as Americans would say, about his "endorsement potential" or how much more money he will make. Let him think about that, what's that to me? If anything, I hope that the potential is as small as possible so I won't watch stupid ads. (Although I don't own a tv set at all)

Ideally he will be hated but respected as Lendl used to be.

btw this consumerism went too far anyway, in general.

Just saying, otherwise this topic is sorry for talking about something I have little interest for and even less knowledge.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #132
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post

I mean I have no doubt he could build on his popularity to have a successful political career. Tons of sports stars have done it - Imran Khan, Manny Pacquiao, etc. I am just wondering if politics is something he is interested in.
Never say never, he is an intelligent individual and has shown some affinity for politics (no direct endorsements of political parties or anything like that, mind you), but it is quite unlikely.
Trollicki is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #133
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post

Even Safin can become a politician.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #134
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin View Post
The boy has too much money already and personally I don't give a "flying fuck" as Americans would say, about his "endorsement potential" or how much more money he will make. Let him think about that, what's that to me? If anything, I hope that the potential is as small as possible so I won't watch stupid ads. (Although I don't own a tv set at all)

Ideally he will be hated but respected as Lendl used to be.

btw this consumerism went too far anyway, in general.

Just saying, otherwise this topic is sorry for talking about something I have little interest for and even less knowledge.
This is also a good post. If Djokovic was faking less, I'd respect him more but his bank account would be smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Even Safin can become a politician.
In Russia, man, in Russia. I don't even want to begin to describe the stuff that happens in my country..

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #135
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I agree. And I don't think looking young = looking 18 or whatever. He looks like he's in his 20's (which he is), which qualifies as 'young', and this, coupled with other aspects of his personality, actually sets him apart from Roger and Nadal. I think his deal with Uniqlo is quite a good example of the kind of market that he can appeal to. Uniqlo is seen as trendy and hip in Asia, and like I said earlier, that's the kind of market that he can attract. The fact that he looks young also helps a lot in that regard.
Look, someone who does not try to distor what I am saying! that is exactly what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
To me he looks exactly like 25 and no younger than Nadal or Murray who are his direct competitors. It's like saying a Ferrari's sellig point is that it has a four wheels. A Lamborghini also has four wheels so it becomes irrelevant. You can't say he's more marketable than his rivals because he's younger. You can say he's more marketable because of his ranking or his charisma. The general perception to the public is probably that he's actually a bit older since he's been around for so long. It's more like he is age appropriate rather than using it as a stand out marketing strategy.
When did I ever say him being young makes him more marketable than his rivals? I don't think he is. Maybe you should read tripwires post, she is better with words than I am.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote