novak djokovic endorsements potential - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #181
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: novak djokovic endorsements potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
With this AO draw they just make Federer even more popular,People feels an injustice with that draw to Federer. Since the start of AO he has got more than 400 thousand new fans on his FB.The man
just sells tennis. Murray was nowhere to see him he just came to play Federer in SF. Ok he gave his best to defeat a bit tired Federer but in the final he was wreck. Could not push Novak to 5 sets. How with this kind of tennis they will sell the game over the world . The final was more than boring . Djokovic Ferrer was BS, Who do you think people will want to watch next time. Federer knows exactly what people want to see he is a showman . He is very very smart and absolutely enigma. No one knows what to expect from him, Once he is done then he got to number one .Lost to Murray in SF after brutal 5 sets match with Tsonga he is done.
Murray lost to Djokovic after his tough SF because of blister,was tired and so on. That even makes people to follow Fed more,
Wrong thread.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #182
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I know the question's not for me, but here's my two cents:

Djokovic's image: the ironman of tennis, a tough competitor, warrior, gladiator who will leave everything he has while on battle, and yet he can be funny, warm, playful and charismatic off court.

His story is completely inspirational: how he triumphed by working, dreaming and never giving up

Natural demographic: young people with a drive to succeed, he should be a much more suited role-model for American kids than Roger or Rafa: he's the quintessential self-made man.

I've seen it here in Mexico: every young tennis player wants to be like Novak, they want to be the winners of fierce battles, they love his roars and passion. Novak represents youth and power.

That's for now...in the future, if he keeps being at the top of the game, his image will change.

And I hate to state the obvious, but in real life, Novak is the most sophisticated of the top 4. Hands down. Rafa lives with his family and doesn't speak good English, Andy is too introverted, Roger is just a famous guy obsessed with fashion and celebrities...Novak is much more educated and sophisticated in thought, his language skills are amazing, I saw him interacting with Cameron and with Prince William. He's a natural charmer.

His commercial disadvantage has been the fact that he's Eastern European, if he were American, Canadian or British, with those results and that personality, he would already be at the top of the heap... But he will overcome that disadvantage with his reslts and his charm: he's already doing it.
As usual you said it all and perfectly.

I also do believe, because I have seen it, Novak's appeal is very strong in not so developed countries or non-white countries. He has a very strong following in south america, arabia and asia, much more than Nadal ever did (not sure about Federer). He's also the player of choice for young kids these days, who soon enough will see Federer as a relic.

How can a guy with such an original background and story be generic? he has the good-looks, the charm and the charisma. Yeah, maybe his image is clean-cut in that he doesn't have long hair or tattoos or big muscles... but i think his image works better than Nadal's because he can sell a luxury brand and at the same time a youthful rebel brand. He's inbetween Rafa and Roger in that sense. He's also cultured, speaks many languages and has a clean image (a beautiful and loyal girlfriend, strong family values, inspirational story, etc.). I do think his big potential hasn't been tapped yet.

And by the way if it's an indication of anything, he's been on many fashion magazines in the last two years... Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, also on the cover of Red Bull Magazine, GQ, The Men, Haute Living, L'Uomo Vogue...

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #183
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Ajde.

The sad just because you think he is ugly and unsophisticated doesn't negate his marketability. Sometimes being unique is more marketable than simply being good. When Nadal came on tour he wore tank tops, bandanas and three quarter pants which combined with his physique cultivates a His on court demeanour was the definition of exuberance. He sprinted to the coin toss and then sprinted back to the baseline for the warmup. He did this in every match. His celebrations were always enthusiastic and over the top. Nadal's image caters to the casual/younger market which synergizes with Federer in the sense that it's the opposite of his appeal. His style of tennis is unlike anything casual fans have seen before. A lefty with extreme topspin and unorthodox technique is something people who don't normally watch tennis are going to pay attention to. I guarantee that if you go to junior clubs around the world there are legions of mini Nadals around.

Djokovic on the other hand is generic is most facets. His hairstyle is generic. His outfits are generic. As good as his game is, it's style is generic too. Even his biggest rivalry is a generic grindfest that most people are already tiring of. It doesn't help that he undoubtably alienated a portion of tennis fans with his behaviour a few years ago.
Funny thing on facebook, Fed got 20000 extra fan in the last decade, Nadal 3000 and Nole 45000.
The major problem with Nole is that he didn't begin winning significant majors at 17.
He has three times more fan than in 2010.

Anyway I really don't care about popularity.
Seing Nole playing and winning gives me shiver like hearing Nina Hagen singing, I never know what will happen next.
Seing Fed playing makes me feel like hearing classical music and after 15 minuts I'm boringly thinking about to shop or what to cook.
Seing Nadal playing is like a Plaza de Toros where the only feeling I have is not creation but a will to destroy the opponent.

You can comment however you want, that's my feelings and I even don't care if I were the only one to experiment them.

The Dog, Mani, Almagro, Brown, Kyrgios, Klizan, Deliciano, Coric : GOAT slayers
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #184
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Many people seem to confuse why they prefer a player over others with how most marketing companies view players in order to target potential customers of various brands.

How does Nole sell "youthful rebel" exactly?
And how does he sell the luxury brands more than others given the fact that all the top players have succesful endorsements with luxury brands?

The main thing is success. Success sells. So, the longer Novak stays on top of the tennis sport, the more potential he'll be getting.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-31-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #185
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I kind of feel a bit sorry for Djokovic when he's this bubbly, entertaining and slightly humorous bloke, who possesses a personality that is hard to dislike, and then Rory McIlroy, who is on the whole a pretty boring guy, despite being a very talented golfer, is dwarfing his earnings.

I don't think the reason for this is that golf is much more marketable than tennis.
You're right. The reason is that Nole comes from Serbia plus he's been in the shadow of two all-time greats as Fedal for so long, so for he to capitalise now on his success when the other guys were there before him, it's hard. But as I said and Tripwires did as well, he appeals to a different market, the new emerging market if you like... Plus he's popular with kids because he's funny and approachable, unlike Fedal.

Federer has his niche and it's untouchable. From his good-looks to his clean image and classy elegance (at least when he wears a suit ) he is seen as the perfect gentleman, rich and successful. He comes from a neutral country as well.

Nadal capitalised on his endorsements because he was the opposite of Federer and he was young and raw and bold, but that was a few years ago. He no longer has that image. The rivalry also helped a lot. They had been the most talk-about rivalry for five years, so they shared all the endorsements that came from that. Nole has emerged after them and has trouble claiming his own place. But in the next two years that's going to change.

I don't agree at all about the generic look. He's the opposite of cold and robotic (someone compared him to Lendl ), he comes across as childish, approachable, funny, easy-going and bold. Have you ever seen any of his Head commercials? he would do anything, he's not afraid of anything. So he appeals to brands like that who innovate and take risks.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #186
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post
Seing Nole playing and winning gives me shiver like hearing Nina Hagen singing, I never know what will happen next.
Seing Fed playing makes me feel like hearing classical music and after 15 minuts I'm boringly thinking about to shop or what to cook.
Seing Nadal playing is like a Plaza de Toros where the only feeling I have is not creation but a will to destroy the opponent.
Interesting, to me Roger is the Beatles, Rafa is like some hard rock band, Deep Purple maybe and Novak is Punk, disrupting the established order like Sex Pistols or Clash.

My ideal player would be like David Bowie, eclectic and seminal at the same time.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #187
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer -> Lady Gaga

Nadal -> Justin Bieber

Djokovic -> Coldplay

said all about popularity
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #188
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
Federer -> Lady Gaga

Nadal -> Justin Bieber

Djokovic -> Coldplay

I'd take Coldplay before Gaga and Bieber anytime! (as would do any sane music fan).

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #189
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
Federer -> Lady Gaga

Nadal -> Justin Bieber

Djokovic -> Coldplay

Yes, because Federer wears Darth Vader masks. If anything, Djokovic is Lady Gaga.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #190
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yes, because Federer wears Darth Vader masks. If anything, Djokovic is Lady Gaga.
come to the dark side
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #191
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
I think there's only one solution: sex tape w/ janko
I totally agree with this

I only hope the roles will be reversed from those on court
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #192
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Success does not always sell.It is not enough but the style of your game as well has its say.For example Djokovic Wawrinka match Wawrinka was the better player in all aspects of the game ,You do not make 60 or 70 winners against Novak like that he is the best defender over there, But Wawrinka is not consistent so he has no mind of champion.He played very risky game like Soderling at FO when defeated Nadal. Novak did not know what kind of shot Wawrinka would play next. Wawrika has diversity in his game Novak has not but Novak does have simple game ,does not need to think a lot. I mean how long with this game Novak will sell the tennis because it is the same every time so if he has legs to run he will win, The same as Nadal no legs no game, It does not help Nadal to sell Fed help him their rivalry. Who is going to help Novak Murray ? No way.Not accidental Fed does not play an EXHIBITION matches with Murray.Djokovic or Nadal any more,
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #193
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Success does not always sell.It is not enough but the style of your game as well has its say.For example Djokovic Wawrinka match Wawrinka was the better player in all aspects of the game ,You do not make 60 or 70 winners against Novak like that he is the best defender over there, But Wawrinka is not consistent so he has no mind of champion.He played very risky game like Soderling at FO when defeated Nadal. Novak did not know what kind of shot Wawrinka would play next. Wawrika has diversity in his game Novak has not but Novak does have simple game ,does not need to think a lot. I mean how long with this game Novak will sell the tennis because it is the same every time so if he has legs to run he will win, The same as Nadal no legs no game, It does not help Nadal to sell Fed help him their rivalry. Who is going to help Novak Murray ? No way.Not accidental Fed does not play an EXHIBITION matches with Murray.Djokovic or Nadal any more,
Pepi, you are confused. Wawrinka played great but there is one little problem, he lost and Novak went on to win another major. He raised his game. He did it so many times, just when you think he is done he turns things around and fu.ck you up. Saying that Nole doesn't have a diversity in his game is ignorant btw. You don't get to number 1 and win 6 slams by being one dimentional. If Wawrinka is so good and 'versatile' how come he never won anything important? Pepita, logic hun, more logic ... try to think harder . what you need to understand is that any player in top 100 can have an amazing day and play out of his mind sometimes.

As for all of this money/endorsement mambo jumbo, I said it. who gives a sh!t? Nole is a very, very ... let's try this again ...very rich young man. and the more he wins the more money he'll make.

Last edited by Alex999 : 01-31-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #194
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not care how rich Djokovic is or Nadal is . You can see how Murray get to the SF with easy
draw but you can see Fed's path so you can convince me that in anything, In this match Wawrinka was much better player than Djokovic was.It was high quality match, That Wawrinka did not win the match does not mean he was not better player. The bad thing is Wawrinka or Berdych or Tsonga do not play consistent and it does not help them. At the same time Nadal ,Murray Federer.Djokovic they are all there every time. Some times it is getting boring to see the same players every time. When Federer was #1 matches between top 10 players were much more competitive. So who is the rival of Nole, to help him,Fed did not have endorsement to his 11 GS and he did much more than Novak . He had 4 or 5 matches lost a year,Much more dominant than Nole is now,
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #195
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do not care how rich Djokovic is or Nadal is . You can see how Murray get to the SF with easy
draw but you can see Fed's path so you can convince me that in anything, In this match Wawrinka was much better player than Djokovic was.It was high quality match, That Wawrinka did not win the match does not mean he was not better player. The bad thing is Wawrinka or Berdych or Tsonga do not play consistent and it does not help them. At the same time Nadal ,Murray Federer.Djokovic they are all there every time. Some times it is getting boring to see the same players every time. When Federer was #1 matches between top 10 players were much more competitive. So who is the rival of Nole, to help him,Fed did not have endorsement to his 11 GS and he did much more than Novak . He had 4 or 5 matches lost a year,Much more dominant than Nole is now,
Again, wrong thread.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote