2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! Final: Czech Republic d. Serbia 3-2. - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #181
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! R1 d Belguim! QF vs USA!

Oh okay,bit strange but he knows his body best.
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #182
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Sounds like Djokovic definite yes for Davis Cup vs US: "I'm looking forward to go and play with my team."

Enjoy the potatoes!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #183
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

What Gives? USTA Credentials Only One Serbian Journalist for USA vs Serbia Davis Cup tie
Quote:
[...] The issue is not in the denial of the request itself, as media centers tend to fill up fairly quickly for popular events like these; the issue is in the very limited number of spots open for Serbian media at this event. According to the Serbian Tennis Federation, only one Serbian journalist and one Serbian photographer have been credentialed for the USA-Serbia Davis Cup tie next month.

Given this staggering confirmation, the denial of Petrovacki’s request becomes all the more bizarre as he would have only been the SECOND Serbian journalist at the event. In uniquely unwelcoming fashion, it’s difficult to grasp that the USTA could not allocate more than one seat for Serbian media in its entire press room and arena. Regardless of how many Serbian media members actually end up covering the event, a few select spots (let’s say 5, at the very least) should have been held open for the visiting country’s media. [...]
Thank you for the overwhelmingly warm welcome, USTA!
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #184
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Really embarrassing as a half-American.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #185
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they tried their best to give the right impression on the visitors, when the Serb team were the host three years ago, bar Mike's unfortunate food poisoning - which was by no means done on purpose. And now this is how they will be treated? I get that you should do everything that is legal to take maximum home advantage though, this is so absurd that I'm almost refusing to believe it's true. You'd think USTA have to be too experienced to stoop to such a level.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #186
country flag shuhrat

Lee, it looks like you don't need to feel embarrassed anymore. I can happily take back my comments. No further off-court dramas please.

USTA Working with Serbian Media to Sort Through Credential Miscommunications
http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ommunications/
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #187
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Lee, it looks like you don't need to feel embarrassed anymore. I can happily take back my comments. No further off-court dramas please.

USTA Working with Serbian Media to Sort Through Credential Miscommunications
http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ommunications/
That still sound a bit It's either there are lots of bureaucracy or the reporter/agency are not too smart to cut thru all the red tapes

I am not sure if this is handled by local offices. Idaho is not the most open minded state in US One of the reason I just drive thru the state and did not stay a night on my almost yearly trip to Canada.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #188
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Let's move onto DC

Djokovic to lead Serbia against USA

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic will once again lead Serbia into battle having been nominated to play in the World Group quarterfinal against USA on 5-7 April.

The Serbian was the first name on captain Bogdan Obradovic's list and he will be backed up by Viktor Troicki in singles, who is likely to team up with Nenad Zimonjic in doubles. The fourth member of the Serbian side is No. 338 Ilija Bozoljac.

The 2010 champions are travelling to Boise in Idaho to play USA - historically the most successful Davis Cup nation - and they will have to contend with some big serves as captain Jim Courier has put forward a powerful line-up.

The new American No. 1 Sam Querrey will lead the home side and he will have support from one of the tallest men on tour, John Isner. There is little doubt as to who will be playing in the doubles rubber on Saturday as the deadly duo of Bob and Mike Bryan will be making their 25th and 26th appearances respectively.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #189
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isn't a very team-first statement, but hopefully Viktor can take a rubber (or the Serbian team can win the doubles somehow) and make Novak's trip out there with it. This does cut into prep time for clay court season for him so hopefully they can pull off the win.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #190
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

ES broadcating it live,of course the coverage starts the Friday at 9pm,when i'll be at work
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #191
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

‏@DjokerNole
Heading for afternoon practice. Nice to be back with #TeamSerbia again Love playing
Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #192
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #193
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

@JelenaRisticNDF: Waiting for @BTipsarevic fashion show @TipsarevicJanko is super proud and very nervous @MissJoShe http://t.co/IGZP1TW8hN

So the reason for Tipsy missing this DC tie is Mrs. Tipsy
Old 04-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #194
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

@TennisReporters: Q. What is the biggest challenge that your team is facing? CAPTAIN OBRADOVIC: Potato.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #195
country flag Noleta

^^^

Night off,means i will be watching;come on Nole