Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #61
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultravox View Post
Blah,blah,blah,19 years old Novak won set 2006 in his first match against prima Fed and 2007 won against him. And Novak 2006-2007 is let say Novak 0.5 and today we have Novak 2.0
who cares, a set is a set, look at how the two of them play, Federer in his prime would destroy Djokovic in his prime because attacking at its best always will destroy defending. unless you're on clay.

no one's saying Novak isn't great but when I hear talk of Djokovic - Federer being a great 'rivalry' it just sounds stupid. what rivalry? they're what, 5-6 years apart, have hardly any Slam final meeting etc. just sounds stupid. and Djokovic is given far too much credit and memory too short as far as remembering what Roger was played like in the mid 2000s. he was called "Jesus-Fed" for a reason

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal

Last edited by Mountaindewslave : 01-31-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #62
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Federer in his prime would destroy Roger in his prime
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #63
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post

I edited mate, my bad

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #64
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

When they talk about Djokovic /commens/ play no one them comment about his point construction
but about how fast he is,flexible ,How he can never get tired, When they comment about Federer
we hear what a wonderful shot ,this volley could not be made better,when i saw this shot God was a boy you can not teach this shot , only Federer can do it.What a variety every point Federer plays. They do not name Maestro for nothing ! Even Djokovic said I have never played someone like him he is very tough even at this age, If you can watch his match vs Djokovic and Fed vs Murray at Wimbledon you will see how different he can play against any opponent,
That is quite difficult you need to think permanently, What is more difficult to speak two language or seven? Fed can speak seven and Novak,Nadal Murray no more than two, That what makes Fed greatest player no just winnig, This SF Djokovic vs Ferrer was so boring but if it was Federer he would make Ferrer to play,to think, to enjoy on court of course it is better for crowd and TV viewers, Cahill asked BG What do you think Federer and Murray watch this SF? Yes they do, What do they think ? BG Change the channel!!!
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #65
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
That is quite difficult you need to think permanently, What is more difficult to speak two language or seven? Fed can speak seven and Novak,Nadal Murray no more than two,
Lol, stop making things up Which seven languages does Fed speak? Besides Serbian, Novak speaks English and Italian very well, and can use French and German if it's not too complicated conversation iirc.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #66
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
who cares, a set is a set, look at how the two of them play, Federer in his prime would destroy Djokovic in his prime because attacking at its best always will destroy defending. unless you're on clay.

no one's saying Novak isn't great but when I hear talk of Djokovic - Federer being a great 'rivalry' it just sounds stupid. what rivalry? they're what, 5-6 years apart, have hardly any Slam final meeting etc. just sounds stupid. and Djokovic is given far too much credit and memory too short as far as remembering what Roger was played like in the mid 2000s. he was called "Jesus-Fed" for a reason
Djokovic can play fantastic attacking tennis too, not only defending.

And Federer's nightmare is Nadal who isn't precissely a ballbasher, so he won't necessary beat a defending player who's playing his best tennis.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #67
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

That shows how you do not get what i mean . If you can play seven styles of tennis and others two which is more difficult. The First one, I know what Djokovic can speak but never give an interview only in English, Try to see Federer when he gives interview
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #68
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Pepi, what 7 languages? German, Austrian, East German, West German, English, American, Canadian, Australian ... oh I got it, sorry you were wrong, it's 8
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #69
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Pepi, what 7 languages? German, Austrian, East German, West German, English, American, Canadian, Australian ... oh I got it, sorry you were wrong, it's 8
Think about how many Rafa speaks!!!!!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #70
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Think about how many Rafa speaks!!!!!!!
No one ever gives Rafa the credit he deserves.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #71
country flag pepita1964

Let see what they will say when Raonic,Tomic,Dimitrov ,Janowic start to crash Djokovic and Murray. Well Murray already knows Raonic beat him twice and Janowic on first meeting beat him. Soon will be and Djokovic turn. Federer played Raonic four time and he won.Those young guys are 10 years younger than Federer is.Fed beat Sampras when Sampras was 29 years old.,Safin,Hewiit did the same.For first time in his career Federer played 5 sets matches QF and SF with top guys younger and fresher than him , One took and one lost but make Murray run for four hours,tired him.And we saw this young fittest guy in final what he done.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #72
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let see what they will say when Raonic,Tomic,Dimitrov ,Janowic start to crash Djokovic and Murray. Well Murray already knows Raonic beat him twice and Janowic on first meeting beat him. Soon will be and Djokovic turn. Federer played Raonic four time and he won.Those young guys are 10 years younger than Federer is.Fed beat Sampras when Sampras was 29 years old.,Safin,Hewiit did the same.For first time in his career Federer played 5 sets matches QF and SF with top guys younger and fresher than him , One took and one lost but make Murray run for four hours,tired him.And we saw this young fittest guy in final what he done.

And Connors was beating young guys when he was nearly 40. Pancho Gonzalez too. So what?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #73
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Lemon Water;13220321][quote=Mountaindewslave;13211817]

Novak is obviously a great player now BUT he would have gotten dismantled if he had played in the same generation as Federer.
Quote:

Not true. All the talk of prime and peak is overused and overrated. Feder is a mental player. Players who got into his head and disrupted his rhythm had success against him. His level hasn't varied too much over the years.
And I'm not sure about Novak, but teenage Murray was beating peak Fed, so peak Fed is overrated.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #74
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol why not put Donald Young and Guillermo Garcia Lopez in that group?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #75
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

And Connors was beating young guys when he was nearly 40. Pancho Gonzalez too. So what?
Pepita's post made me laugh so hard, I almost spit my ice tea all over my laptop .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote