Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #46
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

there is not even a rivalry there you fangirl The only real rivalry is Federer v. Null.

I know the tards as you would love to feel there is a big rivalry between Nole and the best player ever but sadly, your rivalry is only with Murray

Deal with it.
chill out tard.............Djokovic and Federer have played most matches in GS's than any other pair and they played 29 times with 16-13 head to head so that is a rivalry.......just because Delpo sucks doesnt mean you get to post stupid shit and expect people to believe it
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #47
country flag Vesta

Vesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

The fact is that Murray was destroyed from Nole. The best rivarly was Novak vs. Nadal. The last year finale proved. But Nadal can't play any more or maybe he can, let wait and see. Murray is a fluke, for god sake he lost the last two sets with: 6-3, 6-2.! He can't match up with Novak. And don't tell me about his bad scheduling, because the last year Novak played over the 5.h against Andy and then 6.h against Nadal! Well, maybe Andy can change something but I doubt it, his matches are boring. Nole matches are epic.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #48
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesta View Post
The fact is that Murray was destroyed from Nole. The best rivarly was Novak vs. Nadal. The last year finale proved. But Nadal can't play any more or maybe he can, let wait and see. Murray is a fluke, for god sake he lost the last two sets with: 6-3, 6-2.! He can't match up with Novak. And don't tell me about his bad scheduling, because the last year Novak played over the 5.h against Andy and then 6.h against Nadal! Well, maybe Andy can change something but I doubt it, his matches are boring. Nole matches are epic.
This is why fangirls shouldn't be allowed on adult discussion forums.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #49
country flag Vesta

Vesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
This is why fangirls shouldn't be allowed on adult discussion forums.
You are sexist.? But the fact is still the fact. Live with it. And if Federer won with the same result against Andy, I'm sure that nobody will even doubt that Andy has been destroyed.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #50
country flag Dr. Frankenfed

Dr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond repute

Becker's English is better than his German.
Dr. Frankenfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #51
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesta View Post
You are sexist.? But the fact is still the fact. Live with it. And if Federer won with the same result against Andy, I'm sure that nobody will even doubt that Andy has been destroyed.
I really don't know what point you're making.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #52
country flag Vesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I really don't know what point you're making.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #53
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveks View Post
Yes. Federer for example is one of the greatest players of all time, maybe GOAT , but he is very bad person.
Fed is one of the very greatest of all time, for sure. I am sure he is not a bad person, but seems to be arrogant and a sore loser. Most of his arrogance, IMO, is due to his great success during the weak years of 03-07. Fed-Nadal, Novak-Fed, Novak-Rafa have been great rivalries. Murray is just a shde below the top three, usually giving them very tough matches. I totally agree with Agassi's assessment of his VS Novak's abilities. The same is basically true of Sampras VS Federer's abilities. All of them are great players, to be enjoyed and admired, not to be trashed by nasty nobodys here.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #54
country flag RogerFedererNo1

RogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeRogerFedererNo1 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Lemon Water;13220321][quote=Mountaindewslave;13211817]

Novak is obviously a great player now BUT he would have gotten dismantled if he had played in the same generation as Federer.
Quote:

Not true. All the talk of prime and peak is overused and overrated. Feder is a mental player. Players who got into his head and disrupted his rhythm had success against him. His level hasn't varied too much over the years.
Truer words have never been spoken. Physical decline is just a myth from western media. It´s just coincedence that almost all players have their mental peak in the mid 20´s, it has nothing to do with physical abilities. And Djokovic destroyed Hewitt at AO 2012 and Olympics 2012 by losing only 1 set in each match, although Hewitt had a big advantage cause he only plays 5 tournaments a year ... Djoker #1
RogerFedererNo1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #55
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
His level hasn't varied too much over the years.
I think you should rewatch some of his matches in the 04-07 period. Even his losing effort against Safin in AO 2005 – movement, shot selection, groundstrokes – he looked three times the player than the one that lost against Murray last week. I guarantee you Tomic wouldn't have even gotten close to a tiebreaker with young Fed.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #56
country flag fabiogiuri

fabiogiuri is on a distinguished road

form me there are no more players like Edber
fabiogiuri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #57
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

there is not even a rivalry there you fangirl The only real rivalry is Federer v. Null.

I know the tards as you would love to feel there is a big rivalry between Nole and the best player ever but sadly, your rivalry is only with Murray

Deal with it.
Dumb just got dumber.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #58
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiogiuri View Post
form me there are no more players like Edber
Edberg type players went extinct once the courts were slowed down. The last of that type was probably Rafter.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #59
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Mugray and "domination" are two words that do not belong in the same sentence, unless we're talking about haggis eating contest.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #60
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
stop saying stupid things you bitter bitter fangirl.........Novak would have destroyed everyone in that generation except Federer
the thread is about the rivalry between Federer - Djokovic. you're right he would have been able to beat most everyone EXCEPT Roger. Roger would have hit through him totally if they were at primes at the same time... just like younger Djokovic vs. Federer was losing much more than he is now, it's all associated to like prime age. Novak is fortunate

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote