Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #31
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Obviously some people watching tennis nomore than two years. Becker will say what his boss wants him to say he is paid for that. Djokovic and Murray is the most boring rivalry, Djokovic and Federer for me is the best rivalry in this generation, How on earth Fed has so many good rivals Nalbandian,Safin.Roddick,Gonzalez,Davydenko,Ferrer o.Hewiit . They played such a good matches . Now we have to wait to final or SF to see a match with good quality . Only one QF was high quality level Federer Tsonga, ONe SF Federer Murray and boring final. Every point they played the same way of course it is much more easy you do not need to think ,
I lol'ed.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #32
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becker discusses his favorite rivalries, Edberg and Djokovic-Murray domination

Ferrer a good rival to Fed? Well sure if you're a Fed fan
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Well this rivalry is getting overhyped, especially in British media. Nothing out of ordinary. What does "Djokovic-Murray domination" mean? That they will contest most gs finals in next 2-3 years? Thats possible, but first things first: Andy has got to get that n2 soon...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #34
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nice that some posters choose to bad rep me rather than point out what exactly they found insightful about Becker's article.

Speaks volumes about their character.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Nice that some posters choose to bad rep me rather than point out what exactly they found insightful about Becker's article.

Speaks volumes about their character.
Most tennis journos and pundits are shite. Hardly any analytical details, just stating the obvious like it's their own theories.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #36
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Remember, this is the guy who said this kid wasn't his

Is that the broom cupboard baby?
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
country flag tnosugar

tnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Before any of you start moaning about how uninteresting it is to hear this or that 'mug' say something about the game, I still think some genuine tennis fans will enjoy this article by Becker. If not, tough luck.

Also there is an interesting interview with Mats Wilander here.
this. you can say he's often biased in his commentary, but he knows his pro stuff.

"If Andy wins this match, we could potentially have watched the greatest tennis match of all time. When they play well against one another, it’s hard to understand how good they are.
They are so strong, so quick and so flexible, and they have so much natural talent – every single ball is coming out of the middle of the racket. When they miss one it looks stupid, but you don’t realise how clean and how good the other shots were. It’s amazing to watch.”

20-something girl: So, I guess we are now officially corporate hos.
30-something man: Yeah, so now you have to learn to play tennis.
Girl passerby: What does that have to do with anything?
20-something girl: Then we can be corporate hos and tennis pros -- duh.
30-something man: We should do commercials... Why don't we work for an ad agency?!

--59th & Lex
tnosugar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
country flag tnosugar

tnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen Novak and Andy playing mindgames with each other. And for Judy to pay respect to Novak the way she did, proves there is the utmost respect between them.

Moreover, both Murray and Djokovic have never disrespected Nadal or Federer after all the losses they suffered against them.

Federer the tennis payer, on the other hand, has never respected anything or anyone but himself, i.e. he pays "respect" only if he wins. And he proved it once again in the AO SF with the trash talk at the net.

GOAT of the game he is, but he is also arrogant, self-centered and prone to gamesmanship when all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
I'm generally not a supporter of Federer, and Nole is my favorite player, but I gotta say, how would you know? Do you know him personally? Just because he plays mind games on and off the court doesn't mean you know him. Federer the man and Federer the tennis player, like all tennis players - including Nole - are two very different personas. I've heard a lot of crap from Federer the tennis player over the years, but I've also heard/seen a lot of crap from Rafa/Nole the tennis player, too. Don't be so quick to judge people.

Every very elite player will say anything to rattle their opponent. As far as we know, privately, Roger might be the nicest person of all current tennis players. Don't judge him - or any other tennis player - based on what they say and/or do within tennis stratosphere. You can say I don't like his antics and/or Roger's tennis persona, but to say he is not a nice person is very ignorant. It's a war out there. Everyone wants slams, everyone wants titles, and everyone's time is running out. Elite players have no time - nor can they afford - to make friends with their main rivals. They will say/do anything to gain advantage over their main competitors.

20-something girl: So, I guess we are now officially corporate hos.
30-something man: Yeah, so now you have to learn to play tennis.
Girl passerby: What does that have to do with anything?
20-something girl: Then we can be corporate hos and tennis pros -- duh.
30-something man: We should do commercials... Why don't we work for an ad agency?!

--59th & Lex
tnosugar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I don't understand how Becker could think of Nadal and his pigeon as a rivalry.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #40
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
I lol'ed.
Agree all of them are crap but David Nalby was a good rival. Grade 1 victim of surface homogenization. Nalby-Feder was better than Feder-Novak.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
Agree all of them are crap but David Nalby was a good rival. Grade 1 victim of surface homogenization. Nalby-Feder was better than Feder-Novak.
You think Nalbandian would have made a Wimbledon final in the 90s?
ogbg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #42
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
You think Nalbandian would have made a Wimbledon final in the 90s?
He had the skills but probably not the mind. Grasscourters in 90's were mentally tough to the core. Barely surrendered their serve. Nalby played in the right era with mentally weak players around him but the surge of slow courts pushed him behind and had him chasing his contemporaries within no time. He could not take it and started swallowing burgers and enjoy life.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #43
country flag Ultravox

Ultravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond reputeUltravox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post

Novak is obviously a great player now BUT he would have gotten dismantled if he had played in the same generation as Federer.
Blah,blah,blah,19 years old Novak won set 2006 in his first match against prima Fed and 2007 won against him. And Novak 2006-2007 is let say Novak 0.5 and today we have Novak 2.0
Ultravox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #44
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I honestly think Federer-Djokovic rivalry is better than Sampras-Agassi

there is not even a rivalry there you fangirl The only real rivalry is Federer v. Null.

I know the tards as you would love to feel there is a big rivalry between Nole and the best player ever but sadly, your rivalry is only with Murray

Deal with it.

Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation

Last edited by Lestat : 01-29-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #45
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

[quote=Mountaindewslave;13211817]

Novak is obviously a great player now BUT he would have gotten dismantled if he had played in the same generation as Federer. [quote]

Not true. All the talk of prime and peak is overused and overrated. Feder is a mental player. Players who got into his head and disrupted his rhythm had success against him. His level hasn't varied too much over the years.