Tomic will win a major for sure - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Tomic win a major/majors?

Affirmative. 32 62.75%
Negative. Next. 19 37.25%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tomic will win a major for sure

I know he got destroyed by the GOAT, but he still played well. He showed me enough quality to convince me that he will win a major in the future, if not several. He doesn't look scared of anyone either, judging by what he says in the press. Sure he is arrogant and people don't like that, but most tennis player are arrogant because you need that to reach the top.

I am a Fedfan and am willing to admit Roger is arrogant himself. Of course not as arrogant as some claim, but like I said you need some of that to be as good as he is. I am convinced now that Tomic is the real deal and win majors. He is that good.

Discuss.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomic will win a major for sure

Well, like Roger said the season is not one or two months long. Let's see if he can play like this or near that the whole season, last year he checked out before the half was gone
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see. The hype around him is strongest this time of the year, just in time to promote the Aussie open.

I'm still not thoroughly convinced that all his shots & tricks bother most guys in the top 30. I'm sure they worked really well in the juniors and against challenger-level guys, though.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

The big question for Tomic is Can he play like that a long period of time ?! Because i saw all
his matches this year and he did not played like that. I hope he does his best always because he could get great player .
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
country flag Albatoss

Albatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond repute

I think he will later in his career, once Nadal, Nole and Fed are retired. He is only 20 after all.
Albatoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
I know he got destroyed by the GOAT, but he still played well. He showed me enough quality to convince me that he will win a major in the future, if not several. He doesn't look scared of anyone either, judging by what he says in the press. Sure he is arrogant and people don't like that, but most tennis player are arrogant because you need that to reach the top.

I am a Fedfan and am willing to admit Roger is arrogant himself. Of course not as arrogant as some claim, but like I said you need some of that to be as good as he is. I am convinced now that Tomic is the real deal and win majors. He is that good.

Discuss.
I think this is the nicest thing ive seen you say about Tomic this whole week Nice to see someone who dislikes him to agree that he will do some great things in the future
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how good is he at golf?
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, has Kooyong been downgraded to a Masters 1000?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as Hopman Cup becomes a major, The Great One shall accumulate more titles than Noserer himself. Although we'll have to upgrade Noserer's slam count to 18, since he won it with Wingis back when he didn't use false teeth and a walking stick.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Though I'm still interested to see how he goes outside of Australia....
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

he is a GS material but won't win it this year.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
As soon as Hopman Cup becomes a major, The Great One shall accumulate more titles than Noserer himself.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #13
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

His physical aspect isn't there.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

he will win several majors if he upgrade his fitness, movement and attitude.
he has talent big enough
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #15
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond repute

He said in the interview that he was "tired" in the third set, which is consistent with only winning one game in that set. It's hard to see how he can win any majors --- potentially going 5 sets and upwards of 5 hours, if he's spent after playing a 34 minute first set and a 53 minute second set as was the case against Roger yesterday --- that's not even 1.5 hours of play and he's tired! ?????

Bernie seriously has to pick up his fitness if he truly wants to compete with the Big Boys. More hitting the workout rooms, less of the party rooms.

bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote