Tomic to miss Rome Masters - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
country flag LastRocket

LastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Tomic to miss Rome Masters

Quote:
BERNARD Tomic has pulled out of next week's Rome Masters as his father fights an assault charge in a Spanish court.

Tomic, the ATP's number 53, was missing from Saturday's draw for the crucial French Open warm-up which starts on Monday in the Italian capital.

On Tuesday, John Tomic is due to appear again at a Madrid court facing charges of assaulting his son's practice partner in the Spanish capital last week.

John Tomic claimed in his first court appearance last Monday that he had acted in self-defence when he headbutted Thomas Drouet shortly after their arrival in the city for the Masters Series event.

He denies a charge of assault.

Tomic senior has since had his ATP tournament credentials suspended in the aftermath of the allegations.

If found guilty, John Tomic could be sentenced to between three months and three years in prison.

Bernard Tomic has had his own share of controversy and last year created more headlines off the court than on it, including run-ins with police in his car and claims he was not trying hard enough in matches.

The 20-year-old was recently recalled to Australia's Davis Cup team after captain Pat Rafter disciplined him for a lack of professionalism.

His father, meanwhile, has a history of unruly behaviour.
A former taxi driver, he once courted controversy when he ordered his son off court during a match in Perth, after claiming the umpire was not penalising the opposing player.

At the 2010 Australian Open, he confronted officials who scheduled his son to play at night. And last year, Bernard asked an umpire in Miami to throw his father out of the stadium for disruptive behaviour.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...-1226640076257
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomic to miss Rome Masters

Nobody will miss him

/thread
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Tomic. His dad looks like a prick.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

The tournament is wide open now. I think Nadal or Djokovic have a slight chance to win it now that the favorite is gone.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Poor Tomic. His dad looks like a prick.
like father, like son
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A former taxi driver
Wow, didn't know that. Guess that explains a lot of things
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Bernard is already old enough to travel by plane alone...

this was the perfect place for him to start cutting the umbilical cord...
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Nobody will miss him

/thread
That's right, because the Nard would have won Rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The tournament is wide open now. I think Nadal or Djokovic have a slight chance to win it now that the favorite is gone.
So much sense and so much truth.

Don't worry, B-Nard, might as well skip Rome, let Djokovic or Nadal win and then do the obvious and win the French Open.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

Bernard is aiming for Wimby

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of wannabe comics around here

too bad all of you have the humour of a banana chewing monkey
Old 05-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Shame, would have been a great way to focus back on the game. Hope this gets done quickly so Tomic can concentrate on the tennis
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Poor guy, he's not to blame for his father's actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
a lot of wannabe comics around here

too bad all of you have the humour of a banana chewing monkey

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote