Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 326 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #4876
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

Maria, you are well informed indeed I like what I'm hearing from and about Straujuma, I hope she gets the support of the parliament.
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #4877
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

It's good then.

And Janet Yellen as the first woman to lead the US Federal Reserve.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #4878
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 in 10 we have to come back because the love of my life still has his slippers on
I did that once. Embarrassing to arrive on my slippers. Luckily, there were nice looking slippers but still...

The advantages of having a father who was in the board of directors of the school complex (they offered schooling from kindergarten all the way to adult education): one of the school's principals let me go home to change into regular shoes even though I was already late.

Another advantage of having a father in a higher position at school: they let me go to the hairdresser during classes. I loved that. The sheer jealousy on everybody's face when I could walk out of class with the biggest grin on my face (well, the thing is that this school complex had a hairdresser's school amongst other things and they always liked the pupils to have real hair to work on instead of their dolls).

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-07-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #4879
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've ever gone to school or work with my slippers on Maybe I almost did once or twice but I've always lived in places where I had to walk down several sets of stairs and it's hard not to notice you have the wrong footwear on when you're walking down the stairs.

By the way, Hilde, I wake up with the radio too I don't know too many people who do that but I've done it all my life.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #4880
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Did those hairdresser students do a good job with your hair or mess it up too?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #4881
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

They were realy nice and they did do a good job because I was the daughter of my father.

Another advantage: expertise at your disposal.
When I was a little girl, my hair was very, very thin. It mostly looked messy because it had no volume. My mother or my sister would tie it together but they had to tie the ribbon a gazillion times around the hair before it would stick.
In dispair, my mother asked the director of that hairdresser school for advice. He gave my mother tips on two methods with which you can strengthen and thicken hair.

Following one method, I slowly went from very straight hair with zero volume to almost curly hair with a lot of volume.
Now, hairdressers have to decrease the volume because it's too much and they are mostly stunned when I tell them that my hair had no volume at all when I was little. (most people take the reverse trip with their hair: volume in childhood, thinner hair later on).

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-07-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #4882
country flag Castafiore

Newsweek posted an article on "The Fall of France".

Now, as much as I like joking about the French, this article is just sheer bollocks, ill-researched and poorly written. That it's printed in a magazine with a good reputation is surprising.
In anglo-saxon regions, they do love to bash the French. You see it often on British tv, you see it in American movies and tv shows. They can be overly PC about many countries, cultures and religions but apparently, it's okay to bash France because hey, that's funny. Hypocrites.
I'm used to it and I find myself being defensive about France when faced which so many dumb clichés. But that article of Newsweek is just rididulous.

Le Monde published a reply with a list of all the mistakes in that article.
It's an impressive list: "The Fall of Newsweek"

Such sloppy journalism from Newsweek. Very surprising to me. Then again, it's been years since I read Newsweek. I do read Time Magazine on a regular basis.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-07-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #4883
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

What good does the response do if it's in French? The authors and readers of the original article won't be able to understand it
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #4884
country flag Castafiore

The Newsweek journalist lived in France for quite some time. She should be able to understand it (but she's probably too stubborn to accept her mistakes). However, somebody in the comment section did suggest to translate it and post an English version online.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #4885
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Following one method, I slowly went from very straight hair with zero volume to almost curly hair with a lot of volume.
Now, hairdressers have to decrease the volume because it's too much and they are mostly stunned when I tell them that my hair had no volume at all when I was little. (most people take the reverse trip with their hair: volume in childhood, thinner hair later on).
That's me, I had incredibly thick hair when I was young and look at me now, the horror! *refraining from too much and emoticons for your sake*
So would you care to share the secret? Eggs and beer don't count.

Edit: I know it's about blood circulation when you get older and massaging the scalpe is one thing I've heard.

Last edited by MariaV : 01-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #4886
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

This article is pointing out the obvious. Those countries ruled by lefties are not going anywhere and France surely is falling quite badly. Sarkozy wasn't the best out there but certainly Hollande is hurting France way more.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #4887
country flag Castafiore

Hollande is indeed hurting France. The article does point to some truths but it simply has too many mistakes. I could just as easily write a damning article about the USA for example. What good does an ill-researched article like that?

I really don't get why France bashing is accepted by so many anglo-saxon journalists who are otherwise so PC.

In other news and I'm sorry to his fans but Mourinho is a complete, total and utter bastard.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-07-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #4888
country flag MariaV

LOL what did Mourinho do now?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #4889
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Please Hilde, the US are always bashed by most of the journalists around the world, very often over nothing. France's politics are shit, no bashing in pointing it out.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #4890
country flag Castafiore

Buddyholly, is that you?

Mourinho is an arrogant knobhead, Maria.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-07-2014 at 09:47 AM.