Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 250 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #3736
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

RogiGOAT losing to Robredo in straight sets now?

I bet Roddick is considering coming out of retirement to improve the h2h.

So nice to see Hewitt doing so well (although he should have closed this in 4 )! And nice to see the sun for a change. Have there been any days without rain delays this year?

Speaking of the weather, it's getting colder and colder these days in Athens. Only 32C max this weeek.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #3737
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Metis!
Horrible to hear about the +32 C , we had almost +16 C today (OK max +15,6 C).

Roddick probably is considering it.

Ehhh Lleyton, did you have to play 5 sets again. Nole will eat you alive in the QF now.

Btw Metis if you're still here, Nalby will NOT play the DC semis. Such wussies Safin and Nalby, the biggest wasted talents ever.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #3738
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Intouchables
the Hobbit
Cloud Atlas
Django
Oblivion

if that counts as lately lol..

wanted to see the conjuring, but missed it. you would come see that with me Maria?
Of course I would if I lived near you.
The Conjuring, haven't seen.

Oh, did you like The Intouchables, the French movie? I haven't seen it.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #3739
country flag MariaV

Oh great, Lleyton lost 5-7 while he was serving for the match at 5-3.
Doesn't matter anyway, Misha will be a fodder for Nolegod anyway.

Last edited by MariaV : 09-03-2013 at 11:41 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #3740
country flag MariaV

Give the title to Nole already.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #3741
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Give the title to Nole
Djokovic's early round opponents were nothing more than lambs to the slaughter, likely Youz will follow suit. Granollers was bageled in doubles, were he actually had a chance of success, he's hardly a barometer of a player's form.
Then the Serb's tournament starts & his recent record in big matches against the Spanish/British tag team, isn't particularly encouraging. He might win the title, afterall the world's best should - for the time being though he's slightly more convincing a no.1, than Hingis was in 2000.

Last edited by mseles1 : 09-04-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Gave the Swiss too much credit.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #3742
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Oblivion as well.

As I did indicate in my earlier post, Elysium has several elements in them that make you think "yeah, right" but in general, I like that movie. Quite a few of the images made me think of the images we're seeing so often of the Syrian refugee camps (about 2 million refugees there and counting), which I think was the idea behind it all. To make people think about how crazy all of it is: the immigration laws, the refugee camps, the contrast between the Haves and Have Nots. However, give this movie in the hands of a weaker cast and it would be a totally crappy movie.

Metis, you can't make me jealous of your summer in Greece because we have been enjoying one of the most perfect summers here. It was just perfect. and it's still going strong so far.

I saw parts of Lleyton's match against Youzhny. Bugger, Lleyton lost.
Youzhny is an odd fellow, though. That guy seems to have inner arguments all the time. He seems to fight his own inner demons more than his opponent on court.

ETA n°1: Maria, you're begging for a spanking* for your Safin, biggest waste of talent post, aren't you?
For heaven's sake, the man has 2 GS titles.

* I'm willing to give that to you but fair warning: it won't be the sort of spanking.

ETA n°2:
(source: Amazing Maps)
The country which is most joked about in each country in Europe:

ETA n°3. Talking of spanking reminds me of Betty somehow. I take it that she has left the MTF building as well.

Last edited by Castafiore : 09-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3743
country flag MariaV

I'm not into S&M at all, Hilde.

Well, wacko Misha. At least the guy will be forever the DC hero in Russia. He seems to be settled down now, and it's amazing that he has been with his coach since the childhood, they surely know each other inside out.

I wasn't watching either, only saw the last set when Lleyton was serving for the match. As I said, great for these guys to keep on playing, until some younger ones really step up.

As I don't want to get banned quite yet all I'm gonna say is: Berdych =
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #3744
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course I would if I lived near you.
The Conjuring, haven't seen.

Oh, did you like The Intouchables, the French movie? I haven't seen it.
Live near me? I still have a tent

yeah, the French movie, excellent! you should watch it!

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #3745
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Live near me? I still have a tent

yeah, the French movie, excellent! you should watch it!
Yeah the critics praised that movie, it got some big awards too, no? Haven't yet got into watching it though.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #3746

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I liked Oblivion as well.

As I did indicate in my earlier post, Elysium has several elements in them that make you think "yeah, right" but in general, I like that movie. Quite a few of the images made me think of the images we're seeing so often of the Syrian refugee camps (about 2 million refugees there and counting), which I think was the idea behind it all. To make people think about how craze all of it is: the immigration laws, the refugee camps, the contrast between the Haves and Have Nots. However, give this movie in the hands of a weaker cast and it would be a totally crappy movie.
I agree, it had some good food for thought in it. I just felt the end was really cheesy.

really liked the officer robots though, how long until we start having them?!

- Magnus Carlsen

Last edited by Commander Data : 09-04-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #3747

Quote:
Not even in a tent?

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #3748
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for you guys to start watching Korean dramas with me

Regarding Hilde's map: Is that Iceland where the only Latvian flag is visible? That seems random. Why would they joke the most about us?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #3749
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, Evita. It's not going to happen any time soon as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Me neither. Well, not with you anyway.

I'm not talking about that sort of spanking (see my * note about it) so get your mind out of the gutter, woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD
I just felt the end was really cheesy.
I agree. It was a bit rushed in the end.

It didn't have a 100% happy ending, though, as I feared it would be

I don't understand the Hollywood need for happy endings in movies. Yes, it's nice now and again, but it just ruins many movies because it takes away any sort of tension. Then again, this is a South-African director so maybe a bit less under the Hollywood influence?
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #3750
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I'm still waiting for you guys to start watching Korean dramas with me

Regarding Hilde's map: Is that Iceland where the only Latvian flag is visible? That seems random. Why would they joke the most about us?
Oh, now I saw Iceland, nope, it's the Danish flag, they joke about the Danes most.
"You" joking about Estonia is completely right.