Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 249 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #3721
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Congrats Hilde!
Like he said, that's why he still keeps on playing.
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #3722
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Rafa.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #3723
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

minn.

I've whined talked about him before but it's seriously a mystery to me how Neil Harman can change from being a decent sports journalist into a sycophantic fanboy within a very short space of time (only a couple of years).
Multiple choice:
  • A. He was always a sychophantic fanboy but until a few years ago, he was just able to hide it better.
  • B. He's a briljant and objective sports journalist, what are you on about?
  • C. Indeed, his work used to be enjoyable to read but Murray in particular awoke the fanboy in him
  • C. None of the above. (please, give your own explanation)

Maria, 2003 is back with several threads already in GM. That probably made your day/week/month, right?

I saw the movie Elysium yesterday (with Jodie Foster and Matt Damon). I love a good SF (and they are very hard to find). Now, I wouldn't call it the SF movie of the year because there were several aspects of the movie that triggered a "yeah, right" reaction from me but I still liked it.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #3724
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Maria, 2003 is back with several threads already in GM. That probably made your day/week/month, right?
*RUNNING to GM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I saw the movie Elysium yesterday (with Jodie Foster and Matt Damon). I love a good SF (and they are very hard to find). Now, I wouldn't call it the SF movie of the year because there were several aspects of the movie that triggered a "yeah, right" reaction from me but I still liked it.
Elysium was better than World War Z IMO although both were decent. I'm not a huge Jodie Foster fan but I liked her in this movie and Matt Damon was great of course!

Anyone seen 2 Guns? I plan to go.

Last edited by MariaV : 09-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #3725
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Damon is a bit of a hit & miss sort of actor for me. but he was excellent in this movie + I like Jodie Foster a lot.

I did not like World War Z at all, though.

Yes, I'd like to see "2 Guns" as well but first up on the list is "Red 2".
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #3726
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rafa! 1 round at a time!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #3727
country flag MariaV

Veronique!

MTF is still up & working! But I expect everyone and their dog on MTF has blamed Roger's loss on his move to Grandstand, how could they do this to maestro!
Our Fedtards! BP conversion 2/16.
His presser seems good though.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #3728
country flag Castafiore

Seriously, though...against Robredo? That was the battle of the old dudes on tour and Robredo won?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #3729
country flag MariaV

Well Hilde, that's life I guess.

And to think I went to sleep being sure Roger would win. LOL and after Mats being so convinced although that's not saying much.
Kudos to Tommy, great to see his comeback.
But that's right with Roger's 'ballet' style I guess (and what he himself said in the presser) - when he's off then it's horrible, and when he's on it's amazing, still is. Obvisously not his day with so many UE's and as he also said, he beat himself, Tommy was just his solid self. And some great passses and rallies of what I saw now in the morning.

People may whine about those youngsters but I'm so glad to see the oldies like Hewitt, Haas, Robredo still playing.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #3730
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our Fedtards! BP conversion 2/16.
fedtard? I learned that fed lost from reading this thread, and im not even kidding. i pretty much lost all interest in tennis.

elysium was not that great imo, too much things that did not make sense, but also some good stuff, good sf-movie but not great.

oblivion was better

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #3731
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
fedtard? I learned that fed lost from reading this thread, and im not even kidding. i pretty much lost all interest in tennis.

elysium was not that great imo, too much things that did not make sense, but also some good stuff, good sf-movie but not great.

oblivion was better

I watch tennis also actually very little too compared to when I was a total Safintard and tennistard.

So you liked Oblivion? Anything good you've seen lately?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #3732
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Intouchables
the Hobbit
Cloud Atlas
Django
Oblivion

if that counts as lately lol..

wanted to see the conjuring, but missed it. you would come see that with me Maria?

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #3733
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

RogiGOAT losing to Robredo in straight sets now?

I bet Roddick is considering coming out of retirement to improve the h2h.

So nice to see Hewitt doing so well (although he should have closed this in 4 )! And nice to see the sun for a change. Have there been any days without rain delays this year?

Speaking of the weather, it's getting colder and colder these days in Athens. Only 32C max this weeek.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #3734
country flag MariaV

Metis!
Horrible to hear about the +32 C , we had almost +16 C today (OK max +15,6 C).

Roddick probably is considering it.

Ehhh Lleyton, did you have to play 5 sets again. Nole will eat you alive in the QF now.

Btw Metis if you're still here, Nalby will NOT play the DC semis. Such wussies Safin and Nalby, the biggest wasted talents ever.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #3735
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Intouchables
the Hobbit
Cloud Atlas
Django
Oblivion

if that counts as lately lol..

wanted to see the conjuring, but missed it. you would come see that with me Maria?
Of course I would if I lived near you.
The Conjuring, haven't seen.

Oh, did you like The Intouchables, the French movie? I haven't seen it.