Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 209 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #3121
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

What phone did you buy? I'm curious.

As for the flip case, keep it as a Christmas present for somebody with the right model phone Or, you know, just send an e-mail to your work colleagues and tell them you're selling it cheap, I'm sure it would fit someone's phone.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #3122
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I bought a smartphone last week and decided to buy a flip case for it online.

So, in amazon.de, I went looking for the right sort of case for my sort of smartphone and didn't notice that a flip case for another type phone had slipped in the list of offers.

I received the flip case today. It doesn't fit my smartphone since it's for another type phone.

I could send it back but amazon tells me that they will have to charge me for the delivery costs which would be ludicrious because I'm cheaper off keeping the damn case and ordering a new one.
girls and shopping

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #3123

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

I would order the right case and throw the wrong one in the dumpster, end of story

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #3124
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
I would order the right case and throw the wrong one in the dumpster, end of story
That's not very nature-friendly, isn't it?
Better take Evita's advice, someone could surely use it.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #3125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
That's not very nature-friendly, isn't it?
Better take Evita's advice, someone could surely use it.
I would plant a tree for compensation.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #3126

My sisters boyfriend is a Jehovah's Witness. I took it pretty easy at first. But my sis started attending their meetings more and more. Now she is about to get baptized.
She has an university degree but changed some of her believes quite drastically. Does not believe in Evolution anymore and said she would deny blood transfusion even in Life-threatening situations.

everybody has the right to believe what they want, but I'm kinda worried. On the other hand, I don't think i can do anything. What would yo guys do?

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #3127
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

My sister-in-law is a Jehova's witness. You're right to be worried. They're a scary bunch.
My sister-in-law gets dragged into her religion more and more, with tighter and tighter control over what she does, whom she sees and what she's allowed to believe and even think. When she does something she knows she shouldn't be doing, she gets these severe migraines. She can't handle seeing us anymore because we're not a Jehova's witness and thus, bad for her

Luckily, my brother remains an atheist, staying away from her religion. My sister-in-law was punished for one entire year for marrying him + she gets a tighter control than most members due to being married to a non-member.

When my sister-in-law has to undergo an operation for which she would normally get a blood transfusion. She'll have to contact her Jehova witness authorities and several (4, I think) other members (contact info of them to be kept with her ID so that in case of an emergency, doctors will know to contact them). Purpose, those Jehova members have to "witness" that there's no blood transfusion at all + the doctors will get informed about their alternatives.
Pffft.

I know that should my brother be in need of medical help, I'll get myself to the hospital to make sure that he gets a blood transfusion should he need it.

There's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
What phone did you buy? I'm curious.
I set myself a budget because I'm not one of those phone freaks who is glued to their smartphone for the better part of the day. So, I figure it's no use to spend a fortune on it.

I refuse to buy apple phones.
I've heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4 and the HTC One but they're over my budget.
I don't like the Samsung Galaxy minis and one of my sisters and her husband have Nokia Lumias working on a Windows operating system and I find those phones not easy to handle.

I bought one that's exactly € 1 under my budget. I was tempted to buy the James Bond Phone (Sony Xperia T) but I went for the phone with a better battery and a better Android operating system: Sony Xperia SP.

I like it so far.

I'll send a email to my friends to ask around if somebody wants a flip case for just a few €.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-26-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #3128
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
everybody has the right to believe what they want, but I'm kinda worried. On the other hand, I don't think i can do anything. What would yo guys do?
My mother became quite religious in the last 10 years or so, and she is attending a non-traditional church, and she gives them 10% of her paycheck every month. I don't like it and I've talked to her about it but there's nothing I can do. She lives her life as she sees fit. Your sister will do the same.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #3129

Quote:
My sister-in-law is a Jehova's witness. You're right to be worried. They're a scary bunch.
My sister-in-law gets dragged into her religion more and more, with tighter and tighter control over what she does, whom she sees and what she's allowed to believe and even think. When she does something she knows she shouldn't be doing, she gets these severe migraines. She can't handle seeing us anymore because we're not a Jehova's witness and thus, bad for her

Luckily, my brother remains an atheist, staying away from her religion. My sister-in-law was punished for one entire year for marrying him + she gets a tighter control than most members due to being married to a non-member.

When my sister-in-law has to undergo an operation for which she would normally get a blood transfusion. She'll have to contact her Jehova witness authorities and several (4, I think) other members (contact info of them to be kept with her ID so that in case of an emergency, doctors will know to contact them). Purpose, those Jehova members have to "witness" that there's no blood transfusion at all + the doctors will get informed about their alternatives.
Pffft.

I know that should my brother be in need of medical help, I'll get myself to the hospital to make sure that he gets a blood transfusion should he need it.

There's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid.
I can not really understand why people with proper education and all information at their hand fall for such obvious sects.
Oh well, I guess I talk to her, but I don't feel it is gonna get me anywhere.

Funny things is that a couple years ago my sis was the one that was the most at such groups.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #3130

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
My mother became quite religious in the last 10 years or so, and she is attending a non-traditional church, and she gives them 10% of her paycheck every month. I don't like it and I've talked to her about it but there's nothing I can do. She lives her life as she sees fit. Your sister will do the same.
True. I just hope she keeps the contact with our family and does not go completely nuts....

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #3131
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the Williams' sisters Jehova's Witnesses?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #3132
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
I set myself a budget (...) Sony Xperia SP.
Wow, it's about twice as expensive as my LG Optimus One was when I bought it. If you call that "setting a budget" your budget must be quite large And it seems like a great phone.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #3133
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Tom, I think it's best to keep talking to her as a brother to a sister and don't criticise her new opinions and views. Just be a good brother and friend to her and perhaps she'll understand that her world does not need to be narrowed to the Jehova Witness environment.

Whatever you do, don't push her on her views about evolution theory and such, don't confront her because you won't get through anyway and it'll only widen the gap between you.

When my brother introduced his wife-to-be to us, she was still able to talk to us normally and she was very friendly and communicative. She had been a Jehova Witness for many years by then.
She changed groups when they moved and this new group has her on a very tight leash. Just hope that your sister has a good Jehova witness group.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-26-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #3134
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Speaking of tennis for a moment, I came to work half an hour earlier than usually to be able to go home earlier and catch more of Gulbis's match against Tsonga. He's never beat Tsonga before but I hope he may do it this time. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but Ernests hasn't got to the third round of a Grand Slam in years, I really want him to win today
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #3135

Quote:
Tom, I think it's best to keep talking to her as a brother to a sister and don't criticise her new opinions and views. Just be a good brother and friend to her and perhaps she'll understand that her world does not need to be narrowed to the Jehova Witness environment.

Whatever you do, don't push her on her views about evolution theory and such, don't confront her because you won't get through anyway and it'll only widen the gap between you.

When my brother introduced his wife-to-be to us, she was still able to talk to us normally and she was very friendly and communicative. She had been a Jehova Witness for many years by then.
She changed groups when they moved and this new group has her on a very tight leash. Just hope that your sister has a good Jehova witness group.
Thanks Hilde! Very good input, much appreciated!

I will approach it like you suggest.

- Magnus Carlsen