Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 207 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #3091
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
You know they let schizos out of the mental institutions these days. Shows where it usually ends.
boy, you can be mean if you want to.

I think she's a double account. Probably could use another hobby to occupy her mind.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #3092
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
butthard? What on earth does that mean? I know butthurt but butthard is a new one. I take it that it's a freudian slip of yours due to thinking about Rafa's ass?
lol..If I was thinking about an ass it sure wasn't Rafas
his body part Im most focused is his hair, to unsure mine isn't going that bad

Quote:
You're not talking about it, are you? You're joining the rambling idiots. That's not talking about it.
It is talking just a different more animal level.

Okay, I can "talk" to you. I seriously wonder why rafa played so weak. I personally think his knee is messed up again. I don't think Darcis played that well to be honest. What is your take on it?
If the knee is bad again, I think he should have skipped W and played less tournaments before already.

- Magnus Carlsen

Last edited by Commander Data : 06-25-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #3093

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
nothing is wrong with me guys i am completely normal just little sad rafa lost its okay...
what happened why are you saying that?
I read some posts of you that suggest you are not completely normal.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #3094

Quote:

I think she's a double account. Probably could use another hobby to occupy her mind.
playing a double acc like hers for 6 years that alone would proof a lunatic is operating that acc!
I'm affraid there is no soothing explanation here.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #3095
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match. I was at work at the start of the match and at the dentist at the finish of it so I can only go on what others have said about it.

I must say that I didn't see it coming. I know that Darcis is a good player (but lacking in consistency) but I didn't see him win this match when I first saw the draw.

There were rumours that he was limping a bit in Roland Garros now and then as well, but that didn't seem to be too much of a problem.
However, clay is a different animal for Nadal than grass.

On clay, he's more confident, his movement on that surface comes natural to him. For grass, he needs to adapt, it takes more time and he hasn't played a good, competitive match on grass in a long time.

The first week in Wimbledon is usually more tricky for Nadal than the second week, when talking about the surface: the grass gets trampled, brown and it's less slippery. He usually is more confident in his movement by week 2.

Having said that, if he can win Roland Garros with his knee that's not 100%, it's not really all that much of an excuse here.

Darcis did what he had to do. Steve loves playing on grass (as do most Belgian players) and he did indicate that the fact that Nadal didn't play a tournament before Wimbledon would give him a window of opportunity.

In short, I don't think that his physical shape was that different from Roland Garros, but he doesn't have confidence issues on clay and he has them on grass.

I'm guessing that Vika having a bad fall on the same court, just before his match, didn't help his confidence either.

So, I don't really think that the "knee" is that much of an issue but it's more a confidence issue and not enough time to prepare for first week Wimbledon grass (slippery, balls flying low so requiring more bending of the knee,...).

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #3096

Quote:
I didn't see the match. I was at work at the start of the match and at the dentist at the finish of it so I can only go on what others have said about it.

I must say that I didn't see it coming. I know that Darcis is a good player (but lacking in consistency) but I didn't see him win this match.

There were rumours that he was limping a bit in Roland Garros now and then as well, but that didn't seem to be too much of a problem.
However, clay is a different animal for Nadal than grass.

On clay, he's more confident, his movement on that surface comes natural to him. For grass, he needs to adapt, it takes more time and he hasn't played a good, competitive match on grass in a long time.

The first week in Wimbledon is usually more tricky for Nadal than the second week, when talking about the surface: the grass gets trampled, brown and it's less slippery. He usually is more confident in his movement by week 2.

Having said that, if he can win Roland Garros with his knee that's not 100%, it's not really all that much of an excuse here.

Darcis did what he had to do. Steve loves playing on grass (as do most Belgian players) and he did indicate that the fact that Nadal didn't play a tournament before Wimbledon would give him a window of opportunity.

In short, I don't think that his physical shape was that different from Roland Garros, but he doesn't have confidence issues on clay and he has them on grass.

I'm guessing that Vika having a bad fall on the same court, just before his match, didn't help his confidence either.

So, I don't really think that the "knee" is that much of an issue but it's more a confidence issue and not enough time to prepare for first week Wimbledon grass (slippery, balls flying low so requiring more bending of the knee,...).
I agree with most. Although I saw the match and Nadal was atrocious. Also he did not fight with the normal fire.
When I watched Nadal play at RG I already felt like something was not quite right. He moved very well but seemed quite unhappy to me. Kinda odd.

I don't really understand him. I suspect he has a somewhat dysfunctional relationship with his body. In the way that he plays thru serious pain to win no matter what. On the other hand, I never see him limp out there not matter what the movement. So maybe you are right and it it is mainly a confidence issue.

After all, it was pretty normal a couple years back when favorites lost in early round because on a bad day upsets can happen easily when the confidence is not there. So and don't think there is a real tragedy here. I'm pretty sure Fed will soon suffer a similar shock lose at a Slam. he has been quite lucky a couple of times.

- Magnus Carlsen

Last edited by Commander Data : 06-25-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #3097
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
butthard? What on earth does that mean? I know butthurt but butthard is a new one. I take it that it's a freudian slip of yours due to thinking about Rafa's ass?

You're not talking about it, are you? You're joining the rambling idiots. That's not talking about it.
He was thinking about whipping Rafa's rock hard ass. He just can't help it.

And Tom, you can talk with me about tennis.
Someone tweeted that Rafa's knee had flaired up a few days before Wimbledon, so that would explain it. Good that it hold till the end of RG this time. But it was abviously too much for the knee, and he kinda knew it after RG, he didn't have any 'illusions' about doing well at Wimbledon straight away as I understood of how he talked and when he skipped Halle already.
His camp didn't say anything about the knee (obvisously not wanting to give anything away to the opponets) but he wasn't ideal already there.
So no huge surprise really, I don't know why people act so shocked. Rafiangel hiself said losses like that can happen, he just wasn't prepared enough for grass this year. Let's hope he'll be rested & ready to go later.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #3098
country flag Castafiore

I've seen it with other players as well, though.

When a player has had his/her share of injuries and one surface is tougher on their body, it's just much harder to find confidence on it.

For example, Kim Clijsters had her first succes on clay (with a final against Davenport IIRC) but as she had more and more injuries, the surface that bothered her most was clay (it was bad on her back) so even if the doctors gave their okay to play on clay, she still didn't dare go all out. Her matches were awful. She didn't even try in the end whereas she did always do her best on hardcourts (her best surface)

Malisse has a GS title in doubles on clay (partnering with Olivier Rochus) and after so many physical problems, he'd rather avoid clay whereas he still enjoys matches on grass (his favorite surface).

As I was sitting in the dentist chair and listening to the radio to excited Belgian tennis commentators , they did also say that Nadal's movement was off.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-25-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #3099
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and sure he's a masochist, playing through pain and 'enjoying' it... or smth like that.

Last edited by MariaV : 06-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #3100
country flag Castafiore

That was about playing tough matches and enjoying a tough fight on court, not pain through injuries, though.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3101
country flag MariaV

Did you see what Nath wrote, that the Italian media had reported Rafa booking a holiday in Italy starting July 1st already before the match.
Tom, can I become a complete Fedtard?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #3102
country flag Castafiore

Please don't, Maria.

Already booked an Italian holiday? I have to see that one before I believe it.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #3103
country flag MariaV

I'm off, laterz!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3104
country flag Castafiore

Before you go (or later on), why do you insist on ridiculing the worst rafatards (fair enough) if you are blind as a bat vs the worst fedtards*?

Fedtardloving oelewapper!

And where's Andreea, for heaven's sake. Is she leaving me alone as a Nadal fan in here?

Edit:
* talking of which, nobama's new thread in GM.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-25-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3105
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Nice early b-day prrsent for Andreea, happy birthday from me in advance although I'll be around tomorrow too.
This year loss is not that close to my bday. Last year loss, now, that was close....

Today, though, it's the bday of one of my favorite people on this Earth, one of my biggest and surely the most enduring love so you can congratulate me on his behalf

Happy Bday, Georgios! Please try to stay alive!