Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 145 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #2161
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

Talking about moderating on MTF for a moment. I don't think anything constructive is going to happen.

Having seen some of the posts that go unpunished while other posts in the same style lead to a warning or ban is ludicrous.

I think that moderators depend too much on reports. If enough people report a poster often enough, that poster will get banned, regardless of the contents of the posts. I'm convinced of that.
It's moderating by numbers.

The entire procedure to pick an appeal moderator is dodgy at best.

Last edited by Castafiore : 05-14-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #2162
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I was watching those finals with my dad as well.

That victory by McEnroe against Borg brings back happy memories.

I started watching tennis the year before when I was on my way out to go and play when I saw my dad being all excited over a tennis match. So, I sat down next to him to find out what the hoopla was. It didn't take me long to pick a side and so, I was left very disappointed when JMac had lost against Borg.
My dad: "don't worry, McEnroe will win Wimbledon next year"
Me: " You're just saying that to make me feel better "
My dad: "No, I mean it. I'm convinced that he's going to win it next year based on what I've seen this match".
dad.
Wow, Hilde's dad!

The inconsistency in MTF moderating, what else is new, although it's reached new lows as well I suppose. I haven't even read the appeal mod thread. I mush prefer to stay here at Rafa's.
I cannot believe Mike had such haters who reported him continuously, of course he gave them enough fodder.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #2163
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the end of last week, my godson went to Disney Paris with his parents and sister and he picked out the following for me:

a Jedi teddy bear with working light saber!
How cool is that?

Do I have the best godchildren or what.
Decided to come by and say hi and first thing I see is this
I want to steal Hilde's Jedi teddy
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #2164
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

You should see it with the light saber on. It's awesome.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #2165
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
That's fine but make sure you do watch the 100th episode (and don't read any spoilers). It's the one where Castle has a broken leg and can't go to the precinct so he finds other ways to amuse himself :chuckle: The ending is awesome.
I love that when I came by you'd recently talked about Castle. Season finale today!!! About to watch it - Maria you really need to catch up
and yes this ep that Evita mentioned was quite fantastic and just about the only time I have hardly paid attention to the main case

Quote:
You should see it with the light saber on. It's awesome.
It is quite honestly one of the coolest toys I've ever seen
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #2166
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Peta I already watched the season finale today before work and honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it. The episode itself was good but the cliffhanger... I think it's the wrong answer in this situation. I'm hoping the next season premiere will agree with me.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #2167
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Fedals
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #2168
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I didn't pay much attention but wasn't Castle renewed for 2 more seasons or like planned to be or smth?

Edit: Hi Chris! How are you doing?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #2169
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Oh, I didn't pay much attention but wasn't Castle renewed for 2 more seasons or like planned to be or smth?
Castle was renewed last week for one more season (not that I was worried about it, the ratings are good enough), but I haven't heard anything about 2 seasons. Only the biggest rating hits like The Big Bang Theory or Lost are sometimes renewed for more than one season.

And Chris, nice of you to say Hi to WG
Old 05-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #2170
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Castle was renewed last week for one more season (not that I was worried about it, the ratings are good enough), but I haven't heard anything about 2 seasons. Only the biggest rating hits like The Big Bang Theory or Lost are sometimes renewed for more than one season.

And Chris, nice of you to say Hi to WG
Yeah I didn't really read properly, I kinda only skimmed the news so thought I'd ask you. Would've seemed strange to renew for 2 years too even if they're doing well.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #2171
country flag MariaV

Btw mentioning WG, instead of Suits I've been watching White Collar lately.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #2172
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Hey Peta I already watched the season finale today before work and honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it. The episode itself was good but the cliffhanger... I think it's the wrong answer in this situation. I'm hoping the next season premiere will agree with me.
Just finished watching and yeah agreed, didn't like the ending at all. I'm sure they'll sort out something with the new season
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Btw mentioning WG, instead of Suits I've been watching White Collar lately.
Suits has been off for way too long But coming back in July
I am watching SO many damn TV shows these days but White Collar is one that I am not
Old 05-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #2173
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Just finished watching and yeah agreed, didn't like the ending at all. I'm sure they'll sort out something with the new season
Actually I understand and like the episode more, now that I've read some fan analysis. I suggest you go here, there's one post with a very veeeery long paragraph in it that explains Castle's thought process. It all makes sense to me now.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #2174
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Suits has been off for way too long But coming back in July
I am watching SO many damn TV shows these days but White Collar is one that I am not
These days I'm watching more Korean TV shows than American ones. But I'm not watching that much actually, I want to learn Korean (and quickly!) to such a level that I don't need subtitles anymore. Once I do that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of their dramas
Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #2175
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoying their dramas......Hmmmmm.......