Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 144 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #2146
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

Wow, your nephews are doing really well Evita!

Hilde watching TV shows. What other shows are you watching? Have you seen POI's season 2 episode 9 (C.O.D.) involving Estonian mafia? I was literally lauging out loud.

I'm sorry to inform Evita that I've neglected Castle, only watched like 6 or 7 episodes of season 5. I finished watching House M.D. though.
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #2147
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The POI show is still in season 1 over here.

A couple of years ago, a jewelry store in the Brussels area was robbed with deadly consequences and this involved the Estonian mafia for real. First time I heard of that mafia but apparently, they do have a bit of a reputation.

I'm currently slowly catching up with the Danish tv series The Killing (on DVD). I'm in season 2.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #2148
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Hilde, in the 1990ies here there were mafia killings galore. Mostly Russian-speaking groups but also some Estonian ones. And those criminals robbing in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium.... And there were also some hackers (also Russian-speaking though) convicted in the States. Of what I know the Estonian mafia was used in a movie Playing God with David Duchovny. I said it's a fun move by the Hollywood writers, I wonder if any of the US spctators had ever heard of Estonia but well, maybe Im wrong.

P.S. I recently watched a horrible bad movie made in Hollywood by an Estonian guy.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #2149
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Do their parents travel with them or are they accompanied by somebody else?
Both parents went with them to the Czech Republic but only the dad is flying with them to Germany. I don't think they would entrust the twins to somebody else, they can be a bit difficult to manage. Competing in a foreign country is stressful enough, I don't know how they would do without their dad. Also he's the one who manages the bikes and other equipment.

Quote:
On a different topic: you know who I think looks mighty fine?
Jim Caviezel.

He's currently in the tv-series "Person of Interest". I find that show too predictable to be really good but Jim looks fine in it so I'm still watching.
I'm enjoying POI. I haven't caught up with all the episodes but I'm sure I'll do it over the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Wow, your nephews are doing really well Evita!
Yeah, they're pretty much at the top in Latvia so they have to go abroad if they want to improve.

Quote:
Hilde watching TV shows. What other shows are you watching? Have you seen POI's season 2 episode 9 (C.O.D.) involving Estonian mafia? I was literally lauging out loud.
I think I saw that one. It struck me as odd And not very realistic.

Quote:
I'm sorry to inform Evita that I've neglected Castle, only watched like 6 or 7 episodes of season 5. I finished watching House M.D. though.
That's fine but make sure you do watch the 100th episode (and don't read any spoilers). It's the one where Castle has a broken leg and can't go to the precinct so he finds other ways to amuse himself :chuckle: The ending is awesome.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #2150
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post

I think I saw that one. It struck me as odd And not very realistic.
Indeed. The credits said they had an Estonian dialect coach (for this blonde woman) but I didn't understand a word, if it was supposed to be Estonian.

Quote:

That's fine but make sure you do watch the 100th episode (and don't read any spoilers). It's the one where Castle has a broken leg and can't go to the precinct so he finds other ways to amuse himself :chuckle: The ending is awesome.
I've read some spoilers. Castle's daughter was kidnapped.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #2151
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed. The credits said they had an Estonian dialect coach (for this blonde woman) but I didn't understand a word, if it was supposed to be Estonian.

You hear that so often. A character in a movie or tv series is a foreignor, meaning that his first language isn't English so when you hear that actor talk in what is supposed to be his first language, it's barely understandable or at best, with a very thick accent. It probably takes too much time to get the accent just right but it's still worth the giggle.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #2152
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've read some spoilers. Castle's daughter was kidnapped.
That's a different episode
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #2153
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all sucked in GoT

already saw each episode twice, read all the wiki files regarding the series, watched countless of YT clips with the most scenes and....I intend to read the books
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #2154
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

You hear that so often. A character in a movie or tv series is a foreignor, meaning that his first language isn't English so when you hear that actor talk in what is supposed to be his first language, it's barely understandable or at best, with a very thick accent. It probably takes too much time to get the accent just right but it's still worth the giggle.
Some American guy was credited for being the 'dialect coach for Estonian', and I did more than giggling during that episode. (OK just my excitement of seeing smth Estonian in American TV series. ) Actually to think of it the plot wasn't that unreal and it's not supposed to be all like real life, it's a movie after all.
Btw in episode 3 of season 2 (Masquarade) I can attest the Brazilian diplomat's daughter spoke understandable Russian, the actress had a very clear articulation. Sorry, no more spoilers.

Quote:
That's a different episode
I know I know, I was just saying bc of when I read and bc I haven't seen any of it yet. I'm gonna cathc up though I promise, Nathan Fillion is so cool!

Last edited by MariaV : 05-13-2013 at 06:44 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #2155
country flag MariaV

Milos lost to Kohli! That is NOT good.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #2156
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I'm all sucked in GoT

already saw each episode twice, read all the wiki files regarding the series, watched countless of YT clips with the most scenes and....I intend to read the books
That sounds like a real fan

Quote:
Milos lost to Kohli! That is NOT good.
I was happy to see the result Not that I hate Raonic but I quite like Kohli.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #2157
country flag MariaV

I wish I was as dedicated fan as Andreea.

And I think all the guys that have made it to the top of tennis deserve respect, I simply like some guys more than others, maybe only a few I dislike but even that's too strong of a word. Hope I can enjoy some Rome this week.
Btw Eurovision tonight, I miss our AJ, I hope he's doing well, he never even aswered me about where he moved.

Last edited by MariaV : 05-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #2158
country flag Castafiore

I read the first two GoF books before I saw the first season of GoF.

Perhaps that's why I'm not really impressed by the tv series. It's often difficult to beat the book version. (not that the books will go on my list of favorite books but it's still better than the series). I think that the tv series opts too much for the gratuitous scenes with not enough decent story telling to back it up. Perhaps Andreea will have better luck reading the books after she has seen the tv series. It doesn't work the other way round.

Yesterday evening, I saw the new tv series The Fall (it's a 5-parts series, I believe). The serial killer is played by a former Calvin Klein underwear model, the detective is played by Gillian Anderson (it's good to see her back on tv). Quality combination, that.

-
On GM, Borg is quoted as having said something rather flattering of Nadal. Of course, this is reason to bash the hell out of the Swede, because after all, what does Borg know about tennis that the MTF experts in GM don't know, right?

Last edited by Castafiore : 05-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #2159
country flag MariaV

Geee Borg bashing on MTF, those MTF experts sure are superior to him.
But now that's a man that looks even better than in his youth. No offence Hilde the McEnroe fan but I felt so sorry for Borg losing that Wimbledon final 1981, I was just a kid but those are my first tennis memories, watching Wimbledon together with my dad since 1979.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #2160
country flag Castafiore

I was watching those finals with my dad as well.

That victory by McEnroe against Borg brings back happy memories.

I started watching tennis the year before when I was on my way out to go and play when I saw my dad being all excited over a tennis match. So, I sat down next to him to find out what the hoopla was. It didn't take me long to pick a side and so, I was left very disappointed when JMac had lost against Borg.
My dad: "don't worry, McEnroe will win Wimbledon next year"
Me: " You're just saying that to make me feel better "
My dad: "No, I mean it. I'm convinced that he's going to win it next year based on what I've seen this match".
dad.