Did Federer Win The Title For Novak? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #106
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
Not to be rude, but once again, none of this has anything to do with what I just said. Like I keep saying, the Ferrer match demonstrates how badly the wind affects Novak. If Ferrer and Djokovic kept playing, he would have lost.

To say that the wind didn't greatly affect Novak's play is extremely disingenuous, regardless of whether or not he lead at one point.
The conditions for the semis were way worse than the final tho. It was a freaking cyclone on the Saturday, and moderately windy on the Monday.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #107
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

The Federer match was probably a factor because the match took longer than the Djokovic-Ferrer match and Murray had one day less to rest. However, if Murray was unprepared to play two five hour matches one day apart, then it's his lack of preparation that lost it for him. He saw how the SF and F played out last year and what Novak is capable of, Murray should have prepared for that. He should have taken away something from that win against Federer and used it as a positive going into the final.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #108
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. This was Federer's objective all along.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #109
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The conditions for the semis were way worse than the final tho. It was a freaking cyclone on the Saturday, and moderately windy on the Monday.
moderately?I saw Murray placing an easy volley 5 feet wide because of that wind
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #110
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
moderately?I saw Murray placing an easy volley 5 feet wide because of that wind
Well a bit more than moderately but not the cyclone of Saturday.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #111
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Well a bit more than moderately but not the cyclone of Saturday.
I was watching highlights today some of the shots those two guys missed are crazy......
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #112
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Novak won the title for himself. With a little help from Molina early on.

But I can't help but wonder what had happened if Federer had gotten Novak's draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #113
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
The Federer match was probably a factor because the match took longer than the Djokovic-Ferrer match and Murray had one day less to rest. However, if Murray was unprepared to play two five hour matches one day apart, then it's his lack of preparation that lost it for him. He saw how the SF and F played out last year and what Novak is capable of, Murray should have prepared for that. He should have taken away something from that win against Federer and used it as a positive going into the final.
Give Murray the egg and gluten-free diet and he'd have been fine.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #114
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post

But I can't help but wonder what had happened if Federer had gotten Novak's draw.
he would have lost to Stan the Man of course..........
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #115
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Very good point. He could have easily won the title. Djoker and Mugray would have played 5 sets in the semis for sure and tired each other out.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #116
country flag twoflower

twoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

twoflower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #117
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lost to Berdych?
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #118
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Very good point. He could have easily won the title. Djoker and Mugray would have played 5 sets in the semis for sure and tired each other out.
Djokovic would have been fine for the final as he was fine for 2012 final after 5 hours with Murray..........Andy on the other hand........
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #119
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lost to Berdych?
GG.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #120
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was that match in Miami windy? I don't remember, but I DO remember that I had never seen Federer play so badly
A bit better than the Murray/Berdych USO 2012 SF

The wind was gusty from no specific direction. That was the toughest part.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote