Did Federer Win The Title For Novak? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #91
country flag Sebes
Registered User
 
Sebes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Sebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond reputeSebes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
Nole is just too perfect not to win.No irony or sarcasm,I do think that way.This final persuaded me further that he's a freak of nature and the humans have no chance against him.
Truer words have never be spoken.

He gracefully descended upon humanity in an egg-shaped space ship
Sebes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #92
country flag 70-68
Registered User
 
70-68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 824
70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
The wind was a legitimate factor in Djokovic's loss. Murray having a blister or whatever is not.
Of course whenever Djokovic loses, there must a legitimate reason

I'll tell you why your argument is not legit. The wind was actually there for BOTH players, and the one who handled it better won the match. A blister affects only one player. And I'm not even saying that Murray lost because of a blister, because that wasn't the case in Melbourne.
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #93
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 12,005
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-68 View Post
I'll tell you why your argument is not legit. The wind was actually there for BOTH players, and the one who handled it better won the match. A blister affects only one player. And I'm not even saying that Murray lost because of a blister, because that wasn't the case in Melbourne.
Yup, the conditions are always the same for both players, no question about it. Luckily most of the season is not windy
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #94
country flag MIMIC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 11,150
MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-68 View Post
Of course whenever Djokovic loses, there must a legitimate reason

I'll tell you why your argument is not legit. The wind was actually there for BOTH players, and the one who handled it better won the match. A blister affects only one player. And I'm not even saying that Murray lost because of a blister, because that wasn't the case in Melbourne.
My point was that the wind was an indisputable factor in the match, regardless of who handled it better. You can say Djokovic should have dealt with it better, handled the conditions better, blah blah blah. Fact is that he didn't, and his loss can legitimately be attributed to the wind.

Unless, of course, there's some other explanation for Novak losing his ONE AND ONLY set 2-6 to Ferrer.
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #95
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 83,531
Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
My point was that the wind was an indisputable factor in the match, regardless of who handled it better. You can say Djokovic should have dealt with it better, handled the conditions better, blah blah blah. Fact is that he didn't, and his loss can legitimately be attributed to the wind.

Unless, of course, there's some other explanation for Novak losing his ONE AND ONLY set 2-6 to Ferrer.
I think it's more because Nole was frustrated with organiser and did not prepare himself good enough to come out and play.

Anyway, IMO wind favors defensive players more. Miami 2009 Federer vs Djokovic and Nole came out as winner with Federer breaking his racket. USO2012, the more defensive players in SFs, Murray and Ferrer had upper hands during the wind.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
country flag nolesfan2011
Registered User
 
nolesfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,051
nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

I strongly disagree.. Djokovic was playing so well he would have beaten either Murray or Fed.. he won that title himself, rolled except for the Wawrinka match. Murray is good, but wasn't good enough, even if he did wear down in the 3rd and 4th sets.
__________________
SAY NO TO CENSORSHIP
Magic Murray
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #97
country flag Alex999
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 9,526
Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

nah, Djokovic had a long crazy match with Wawrinka too. it doesn't work that way. Roger is Roger and he pushed Murray really hard ... didn't Nole play 5 hours match with Murray in semis last year, and then with Nadal for 6 hours in the final, won both matches and the title ...
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #98
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,926
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Nole won it fair and square
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #99
country flag viruzzz
Registered User
 
viruzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,315
viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Djokovic won the title in R4, I don't know if that was fair, I don't know if that was a deserved match, but what i'm sure about, is that match gave him the confidence to play great tennis and win the title.
__________________
I do not support Pere Riba.
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #100
country flag rocketassist
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,682
rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
My point was that the wind was an indisputable factor in the match, regardless of who handled it better. You can say Djokovic should have dealt with it better, handled the conditions better, blah blah blah. Fact is that he didn't, and his loss can legitimately be attributed to the wind.

Unless, of course, there's some other explanation for Novak losing his ONE AND ONLY set 2-6 to Ferrer.
Nole led 5-3 in the breaker. You're as bad as the Federer tards you always go on about.

The difference between that final and this was quite marginal. When Nole was bp's down in set 2 here, he produced his best. When he was set point in set 2 in the USO at 5-6, he hit a Beijing smash and lost the set.

Not to mention he was HUGE fave going into set five

Last edited by rocketassist : 01-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #101
country flag Saberq
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nole led 5-3 in the breaker. You're as bad as the Federer tards you always go on about.

The difference between that final and this was quite marginal. When Nole was bp's down in set 2 here, he produced his best. When he was set point in set 2 in the USO at 5-6, he hit a Beijing smash and lost the set.

Not to mention he was HUGE fave going into set five
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #102
country flag MIMIC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 11,150
MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nole led 5-3 in the breaker. You're as bad as the Federer tards you always go on about.

The difference between that final and this was quite marginal. When Nole was bp's down in set 2 here, he produced his best. When he was set point in set 2 in the USO at 5-6, he hit a Beijing smash and lost the set.

Not to mention he was HUGE fave going into set five
Not to be rude, but once again, none of this has anything to do with what I just said. Like I keep saying, the Ferrer match demonstrates how badly the wind affects Novak. If Ferrer and Djokovic kept playing, he would have lost.

To say that the wind didn't greatly affect Novak's play is extremely disingenuous, regardless of whether or not he lead at one point.
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #103
country flag GOATsol
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 2,238
GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

fed won the title for noel

he is just a nice guy

already has 17, doesn't need more

mugray
__________________
MARIN CILIC US OPEN CHAMPION

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #104
country flag ssin
Registered User
 
ssin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 1,935
ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
fed won the title for noel

he is just a nice guy

already has 17, doesn't need more

mugray
I am also a nice guy, I like to help ladies in distress. Let me be your knight in shiny armor tonight.

I guess you'll be needing this, dear? here you go!

ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #105
country flag MIMIC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 11,150
MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Federer Win The Title For Novak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I think it's more because Nole was frustrated with organiser and did not prepare himself good enough to come out and play.

Anyway, IMO wind favors defensive players more. Miami 2009 Federer vs Djokovic and Nole came out as winner with Federer breaking his racket. USO2012, the more defensive players in SFs, Murray and Ferrer had upper hands during the wind.
Was that match in Miami windy? I don't remember, but I DO remember that I had never seen Federer play so badly

But remember Fed's match against Nadal in IW last year? It was pretty windy in that match and Fed looked pretty well. Nadal didn't play too badly either, IIRC; he just looked like he was taken by surprise by how well Fed was playing in the wind.
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios