AO F : Djokovic beats Murray 6-7(2) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-2 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #136
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

weirdly boring and not a particularly high level from either of them. what's furthermore strange is that both played MUCH MUCH better in other rounds in the tournament

Murray was acting like it was injuries to blame but I think he just collasped mentally after not pulling the second set

Novak was playing really tight and not his best first set and a half

honestly a kind of sad final just given the level of play

congratz to Novak though, I do appreciate his perseverance in moments when things aren't going well. something Murray could use, Novak can just move on fresh very quickly but Andy let's small things bother him and implodes

I suppose it's more pleasant to have Djokovic winning slams with a fighting (sometimes overly so) spirit than Murray with his whining spirit so cheers

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #137
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
A forgettable 1st two sets by both. Novak was leaking errors and Murray was doing absolutely nothing with the ball. In all honesty, he didn't HAVE to do anything. Novak was horrible and Murray just kept the ball in play. Both had chances in each set that they lost, but managed to keep their opponent at bay.

Novak really loosened up in the 3rd set and his shots had much more depth and conviction. That caused Murray to become rattled and started to make more errors than usual.
complete opposite to what I saw

I think both guys loosened up in the second set comparing to the first one. I didn't see Djokovic raising his level in the third set, I saw Murray's level drop.

The second set was by far the better one imo, and it was also the key-set because Murray won a higher percentage of points on Djoko's serve than Djoko did on Murray's serve, yet Djokovic won it.

Also that come back from 0*-40 in second game was the main difference imo between this match and the USO one together with Murray's physical problems.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #138
country flag Fed Muzza Killer

Fed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to all Nole fans , such a deserving champion.

GOATerer
Fed Muzza Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #139
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I don't see Nole doing CYGS but I definitely see him winning Roland Garros.
moment when Djokovic doesn't win Roland Garros will be awkward......

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #140
country flag Avi14
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Avi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2013 Final: Djokovic champions over Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2 [3 IN A RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
6 slam finals for Andy Murray!!!

Bad for tennis that Djokovic won but at least it's better than Nadal winning.
He he no one counts slam finals other than Mugray fans...

Still hurt that Novak whipped Mugray's As*?

Everything in the tennis world is better than Mugray winning a slam
Avi14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #141
country flag Xenosys

Xenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing final overall with very few memorable moments, but congratulations to Nole on a remarkable achievement, a fully deserved victory.

Surprised that Murray resorted to his passive self for 3 and a half sets, and it worked for a couple of hours, but you knew that as soon as Novak cut out the UE's, he'd dominate the baseline exchanges and then the match. It was only when Andy was two break's down in the 4th, that he actually decided to boss the basline and hit some big ones. Blister-ray really didn't help matters.

Provided Murray get's over this loss more quickly than he has in previous years, the remainder of the hard court swing should be interesting.
Xenosys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #142
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond repute

BBC coverage when Murray is involved is an absolute joke. Murray lost because of blisters, because Novak had another day of recovery since semi final, because of a feather. I thought that Murray was going to 'rule' tennis after the US Open?! What a ridiculous predication that was.
dav abu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #143
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Match wasn't of the greatest quality but still enjoyed it, well done Novak
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #144
country flag Daeegu

Daeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond reputeDaeegu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonac View Post
i thought andy's voice was a bit shaky. thought he was gonna get emotional and cry a bit but maybe i got it wrong.
I thought the same. Maybe his throat was dry from the tough match and needed a bit of time to compose himself.
Daeegu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #145
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nole edged set 1, Andy edged set 2, but both lost them.
quite what I saw but actually Murray won a higher percentage of points on the opponent's return in both two sets (but in first set, they were probably equal for that until the tie-break)
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #146
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

One of the greatest achievement in tennis - no - sports history.

l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #147
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2013 Final: Djokovic champions over Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2 [3 IN A RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
6 slam finals for Andy Murray!!!

Bad for tennis that Djokovic won but at least it's better than Nadal winning.
6 Slam Titles for Novak Djokovic
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #148
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic played poorly in the first two sets and turned it up in the middle of the third. Andy played OK during the first two sets, but was never himself throughout the entire match and got worse and worse as it went on. Suffice to say, it wasn't the epic final of last year. But slams are a test of endurance as much as anything else and Novak won that test over the last two weeks. Congrats on the sixth slam.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #149
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedal_Fedal View Post
Nauseating Result. Roger would have DESTROYED that Mug Djerkobitch if he were the ONE in the Finals today. Roger has too much class to allow someone from the lower classes to win a slam! Mugray, you are a DISGRACE ! You made Roger look the Fool. How could any man in his right mind allow something like that? Huh? Just tell me how that can even happen on this planet!?

28 is STILL Greater than 7.
Who forgot to lock the cell?
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #150
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

In the end, that Wawrinka/Djokovic match proved to be the best in the tournament. Such incredible tennis, the best I'd seen in years probably. I think the quality of that match more than makes up for the lesser quality of this final.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote