Bad losses that still make you respect the losing player this AO - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad losses that still make you respect the losing player this AO

Does this Murray-Djokovic final belong in this catagory?

Who thinks this was a let-down?
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I don't respect losers. Sorry. They're gonna have to man up and beat the top if they want to earn my respect.
confessions of a glory hunter!
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post
He has a mental strength to continue being positive, believe in himself and still playing even when haters, the press, and even some "fans" want to retire him.
Exactly, I think he is the best in dealing with tough losses, out of anybody. Noone comes back after a hard loss as well. This has to do with his positive outlook on tennis and that he actually loves and enjoys playing.

And btw he has won plenty of tight matches...
Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #19
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I don't respect losers. Sorry. They're gonna have to man up and beat the top if they want to earn my respect.
1) I bet all the losers are gutted they don't have your respect.

2) Djokovic has never beaten Federer in a major final.

3) Djokovic has lost the last major match in which he played Federer.

4) Djokovic has lost the last major match in which he played Nadal.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
country flag ag6858

ag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond reputeag6858 has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the obvious ones already stated here.
Millman's loss to Ito after coming from 2 sets to love down to level it at 2-2 in his first grand slam match.
Duckworth's 5 set loss to Kavcic in the 2nd round in 40 degree heat and battling cramp.
Lu's fighting effort against Monfils.
Brands taking it up to Tomic.
Tsonga pushing Federer to 5.
Kokkinakis' marathon effort against Steve Johnson in first round qualies.
MASTERS: 2 titles, 5 finals, 12 semi-finals, 3 quarter-finals...
WTF: 4 appearances
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $20,002,153
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 596-236...
TITLES: 29 and counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I think we should put the cutoff at 1.
Which player in the top 1 has the least amount of weapons.
I'm gonna go with Djokovic
ag6858 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #21
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
The Federer-Murray match I feel was one of the above. Roger was outplayed consistently but by sheer determination and willpower he made it to a 5th until the body failed him. This should've ended in straights but Roger fought to the death. I think that match showed all the haters his mental strength and will to live even against a vastly superior opponent who was on fire.
Didn't see anything pre-semis, but I certainly agree with you on this one. I'm just rewatching it at the moment. Given the disparity in the way the two were playing, Fed really should have lost in 4, or even in 3, and I think it was sheer cussedness that kept him in it so long.

And no, I wouldn't rank the final in the same league, not from what I saw. I spotted Murray falling back on old, tried-and-tested dodgy behaviour too many times.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #22
country flag Lodger Federer

Lodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
No, he won because he is relentless in his belief to attack. Pushing like Matchpointovic and Nadal is far easier when you're up against the wall. When will people learn...
lolwut?
Lodger Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post

Almagro-Ferrer. Gave you respect for Almagro for how he fought Ferrer to a 5th.
Lolwut...respecting Almugro for failing to serve out the match 3 times, spraying basic errors and choking like a clown?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #24
country flag RogerGOAT

RogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka
RogerGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote