Bad losses that still make you respect the losing player this AO - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bad losses that still make you respect the losing player this AO

The Federer-Murray match I feel was one of the above. Roger was outplayed consistently but by sheer determination and willpower he made it to a 5th until the body failed him. This should've ended in straights but Roger fought to the death. I think that match showed all the haters his mental strength and will to live even against a vastly superior opponent who was on fire.

I think even the Fed haters and Murray tards and Nole tards felt a little disgraceful and guilty shitting on Federer after that.

Federer-Tomic match was another one. This ended in straights but Tomic fought like a madman and played very well. It won him a ton of fans and most Fedtards did not shit on Tomic as much after the match.

Almagro-Ferrer. Gave you respect for Almagro for how he fought Ferrer to a 5th.

and of course Wawarinka-Djokovic, where Stanislas will always be known from now on as "the man" No one shitted on Stan after that match. Even Nole tards stayed shut.
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad losses that still make you respect the losing player this AO

I don't respect losers. Sorry. They're gonna have to man up and beat the top if they want to earn my respect.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I don't respect losers. Sorry. They're gonna have to man up and beat the top if they want to earn my respect.

Djokovic lost Tomic.

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka definetly.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anybody ever doubt that a 17 time grand slam winner has incredible mental strength?
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

And I hope that Almagro thing is a joke. That was one of the most embarrassing chokes in GS tennis history. If anything, it made me respect him as a player far less than ever.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
Why would anybody ever doubt that a 17 time grand slam winner has incredible mental strength?
Haters.
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #8

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
Haters.
Actually if he doesn't have good mental strenght and he is a 17 slam winner it only shows how good his game is, so it's not hating. In any case is the other way around.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
He won the majority because he was vastly superior to any other player (bar Rafa on clay). He doesn't have a great record in tight - especially 5 set - matches.

Then again he has a great TB record which shows mental strength, of course.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
country flag peRfect-Tennis

peRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, but Almagro vs Ferrer? No chance.

Follow me on Twitter: @peRFectTennisUK
peRfect-Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post
He won the majority because he was vastly superior to any other player (bar Rafa on clay). He doesn't have a great record in tight - especially 5 set - matches.

Then again he has a great TB record which shows mental strength, of course.
This.

His BP convertion was atrocious too on ocassions.

He won because of how superior he was to the rest of the field. His mental strength wasn't something outstanding like Sampras's or Nadal's
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic-Wawrinka.

For a three set match Federer-Tomic went alright.
Chase Visa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
This.

He won because of how superior he was to the rest of the field. His mental strength wasn't something outstanding like Sampras's or Nadal's
He has a mental strength to continue being positive, believe in himself and still playing even when haters, the press, and even some "fans" want to retire him.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Juan Monaco, because he could have just retired after the first set, but just continued even though he knows he had no chance of winning the match. Even the crowd on court 2 applauded him for finishing the match.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
This.

No, he won because he is relentless in his belief to attack. Pushing like Djokovic and Nadal is far easier when you're up against the wall. When will people learn...

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote